The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(PTO) Kostitsyn to Panthers

laxgoalie

Wouldn't have mind us signing him to a PTO, he has some issue's like Semin but he has great skills and I think our leadership core could keep him under control. Oh well not a big deal.

Seems to me Florida might have something in the works, perhaps Weiss coming here?

They have a few center's that are slotted in on wing spots, Fleischmann, Mattias, even Mueller. maybe they trade Weiss and move Fleischmann and Mueller to Center in the top 6. They also have Santorelli who scored 20 not that long ago so he is an offensive option aswell.

I could really see Weiss coming here to be honest.

Apparently they reached out to him, but he isn't coming to camp:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/florida-panthers/fl-florida-panthers-dale-tallon-0110-20130110,0,7501623.story

Tallon will bring 29 players into training camp (tentatively set for Sunday], including proven goal-scorers Alex Kovalev and Marek Svatos, to compete for the few spots that are open with the losses of Mikael Samuelsson, John Madden and Marco Sturm.

The final roster may be 21-23 man deep,depending on the injury status of Sean Bergenheim,Erik Gudbranson and Marcel Goc. Also, defenseman Dmitry Kulikov remains unsigned, although Tallon said he is speaking to the Russian's agent on a daily basis.

"We want him in our lineup and we'll do everything in our power to get [Kulikov] here,'' Tallon said.

Tallon said he also reached out to forward Andrei Kostitsyn, but the Slovak's agent didn't respond.

I can't see why a player of Kostitsyn's calibre would sign a PTO. Last year was "off" for him and he still put up 36 in 72. He is good for around 40-50 points and plays a bit of a power forward game, although an uninspired one. I would think he could get anywhere from 2.5 - 4 million on the open market.

No team would touch Kostitsyn with a ten foot pole after what he and Radulov did to the Predators. Florida's the only team desperate enough to try and sign him, and even they wouldn't offer him a full contract.

The guys a cancer, and not serious about winning.

Archived