zackass.png

#152 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,072 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Keith Aucoin with GWG tonight too, just to rub salt in the wounds.

#153 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

I'm not a fan of trading Luongo to EDM, But I really like Paajarvi.

He is huge and skates incredibly fast (atleast for him size) Aswell has high offensive skill.

If he would ever play more physical, take the body more, and play more like a bull terrier he would be a hell of a player.

zackass.png

#154 danaimo

danaimo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

So with the season 6 days old there must be a number of teams growing ever more desperate for a starter, and therefore wanting to put a realistic offer for Luongo. Right now I reckon that the teams with the most desperate need of Luongo are Phi, Wsh, Chi, Edm, Tor and lastly Fla. Let's see who has the nuts to pull the trigger.

#155 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,037 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Whoa. Talk about misunderstanding ticker wires and TSN player page injury updates. Sportsnet had him being place on IR a couple of days ago, after the season had started, with an "undisclosed injury" and when I clicked on his player page it suggested he underwent hip surgery on the 19th of January.

My bad.

I guess they really needed the roster spot, since putting him on the IR for such a short time seems a bit drastic to me as well.

Benn's signing may be a domino.

Maybe a flurry of activity?

Maybe 'the' domino? :bigblush:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#156 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Mathieu Perreault: “Trade me if I’m not a part of your plans”

Posted by Justin Bourne under Don't Do That, Notable Quotables on Jan 24, 2013

Posted Image
Sometimes life as a hockey player can be frustrating (well, life in general can, but stay with me here). Whether it’s your team losing, you personally struggling, or your coach not giving you the opportunity to succeed, you occasionally find yourself a little bit pissy after the final buzzer. Washington Capitals’ centre Mathieu Perreault is currently feeling a bit of option C there, given his scant usage since Adam Oates took over as head coach.

The Caps have struggled so far, and Oates hasn’t gone soft on those who he feels are responsible, including giving top-6 forward Marcus Johanssan a mere 50 seconds of ice in the third last night.

Russian Machine Never Breaks had the story on Perreault’s frustration last night. Here’s what Perreault had to say:

“Whomever the coach is, every year it is the same story, and the GM doesn’t seem willing to change anything,” Perreault told Godin as translated by friend-of-the-blog Lindsey Novak. “Trade me if I am not part of your plans.”
“It’s hard on my morale,” Perreault continued. “I try to stay positive, but I do not want to endure it for two more years.
Perreault, who played for IFK Helsinki of the Finnish SM-liiga during the lockout, received more than 20 minutes of ice time per game overseas. ”I come back and it’s not like I’m even part of the team,” said Perreault. “I’m just asking for a little more ice time.”

“Two more years” refers to his contract (a little over a mil a year), which takes him through the end of the 2013-2014 season. Perreault is only 25, and doesn’t want to get buried before he gets started. However, noting that, I have to say….DON’T SAY crap LIKE THAT. Don’t say crap like that if you don’t want to put your coach in a tough position, to put more pressure on him, and to make him feel resentful of you. Perreault’s situation is salvageable, and comments like this will not be smiled upon by any coach, let alone a smart one like Oates.

In fact, Oates isn’t even mad at how his player performed. Perreault very easily could have – still can, I guess – worked his way up the lineup by simply practicing hard and playing well. It’s been two games. Give your coach a chance to make some assessments.

Here’s what Oates had to say, again from RMNB:

“I would say he’s played pretty good,” Oates told reporters Wednesday morning after an optional skate. “I think he’s a good player and I’m still learning him. The better he plays, the more he stands out, the more he’ll play.”
With the team playing from behind so much early on in the year, Oates explained that he has primarily focused on getting the top two scoring lines out on the ice.

Yyyyya. The Caps have been losing, sooo….get the third line out there? What’s he supposed to do?
Perreault saw 3:52 in game one against the Lightning, and 4:58 against the Jets in the next game, a moderate uptick.

I get where Perreault is coming from – he scored 16 goals last season (30 points total), is 25 years old, and feels like he’s ready to blossom into something more than just a bit player. But again: two goddamn games. Give it a sec before saying something you’ll regret to the media.

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/01/24/mathieu-perreault-trade-me-if-im-not-a-part-of-your-plans/

Things aren't so rosy in the US capital.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#157 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Here is my list of top 3 probable and best partners in order

1. Washington - lost 3 in a row and blown out of all 3. They have a team that can contend for a shot and need a veteran, talented goalie. Moreover, there is pressure on their GM to win now, too many 1st/2nd round knockouts. They have depth at center and a TON of young talented prospects, this is a win win for both teams and I hope MG is pushing hard here....probably a good relationship given that n ex canuck is running that team, and didn't leave on bad terms. East/West trade where both sides are not hurt if the other improves

2. Toronto - Their goalies are showing they are not ready. And the leafs are simply going to ruin 2 more if they don't do something, crowd was chanting for Lou tonight. Loss of Lupul makes it harder now. But maybe its a must for T.O now? However, the Leafs will be in trouble if they have to come back to the table begging. If MG is smart, he will use the leafs as leverage for a better deal.

3. Philly - very similar arguments as Washington, but a little less depth in the prospect area and with the loss of Hartnell makes any trade harder. And Bryz is hard to move. Alot of moving parts here. but 12 ga in 3 games

Edited by BuretoMogilny, 24 January 2013 - 09:39 PM.

#158 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,583 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:34 PM

Here is my list of top 3 probable and best partners in order

1. Washington - lost 3 in a row and blown out of all 3. They have a team that can contend for a shot and need a veteran, talented goalie. Moreover, there is pressure on their GM to win now, too many 1st/2nd round knockouts. They have depth at center and a TON of young talented prospects, this is a win win for both teams and I hope MG is pushing hard here....probably a good relationship given ex canuck is running that team and didn't leave on bad terms. East/West trade both sides not hurt if other improves

2. Toronto - Their goalies are showing they are not ready. And the leafs are simply going to ruin 2 more if they don't do something, crowd was chanting for Lou tonight. Loss of Lupul makes it harder now. But maybe its a must? Although Leafs are now in trouble if they have to come back to the table begging. BC MG if he's smart, will use the leafs as leverage for a better deal.

3. Philly - very similar arguments as Washington, but a little less depth in the prospect area and with the loss of Hartnell makes any trade harder. And Bryz is hard to move. Alot of moving parts here. but 12 ga in 3 games

I agree that Washington is a possibility, along with Philly, but I don't TO has been a serious possibility since the draft. I think they haven't got the pieces to make it worth MG's while and I think Lu doesn't want to go there.

With Hartnell going down, I'm not sure Philly is in the mix anymore either. I think the other possibility is NYI

#159 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Lol, Oates is done like dinner. If we could package Luongo for Perault + Johansson I'd be pleased.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#160 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

http://blogs.thescor...-of-your-plans/

Things aren't so rosy in the US capital.

I want Johansson, I don't really want Perreault though (Unless he's a throw-in), I think Schroeder brings the same thing he (Matt Perreault) is just further developed.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 January 2013 - 09:52 PM.

zackass.png

#161 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I want Johansson, I don't really want Perreault though (Unless he's a throw-in), I think Schroeder brings the same thing he (Matt Perreault) is just further developed.

I hear ya but man, look at Perreault's QMJHL stats from the '05-'06 playoffs onward in comparison to Giroux's (yes I know one is a 1st rounder and the other is a 6th rounder for a reason). That's still pretty unreal.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#162 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

lp

#163 Danthecanucksfan

Danthecanucksfan

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,305 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

Report: Luongo may or may not be traded within 48 hours

LOOOL, thanks for the laugh!

#164 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I hear ya but man, look at Perreault's QMJHL stats from the '05-'06 playoffs onward in comparison to Giroux's (yes I know one is a 1st rounder and the other is a 6th rounder for a reason). That's still pretty unreal.

I like him, but I just think we have that already.

As I throw in I would be down, he is pretty versitile but as a main piece? No thanks, Schroeder IMO is the exact same thing just not quite as developed as I said and I also think JS has a higher ceiling, if JS can't do what he is doing this year (which I think he can) then by next season JS will be at that point and probably a bit further along IMO.

would be a nice depth addition though, could add something to the 4th line kind of like Tambellini did in 10/11. Speaking of Tambellini I found Jeff Pattersion's earlier tweet kind of interesting.

Jeff Paterson@patersonjeff
Never know who you'll see at UBC practice. Jeff Tambellini in old#Canucks gear here too. Left Swiss team. Looking for place to play

I wouldn't mind signing him to be honest, I think he is better than Ebbett.

zackass.png

#165 thad

thad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I wouldn't take on tambellini. He's a good depth player but I think our depth is fine. Once kes and booth get back we'll have weise, Volpatt, ebbett and manny all fighting for jobs.

#166 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I wouldn't take on tambellini. He's a good depth player but I think our depth is fine. Once kes and booth get back we'll have weise, Volpatt, ebbett and manny all fighting for jobs.

Tamby > Ebbett.

I would rather sign Tamby then just waive Ebbett myself, Schroeder is better than Ebbett so I don't see a need for Ebbett as a depth center, and Tamby can bring alot more, he's great in shootouts, great on the 4th line, has more speed, more grit, and can jump into the top 6 when needed.

zackass.png

#167 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

Hmmm...Lu going to Washington is starting to make some sense.

To Washington:

Luongo
Malhotra
3rd round pick 2013

To Vancouver:

Johansson
Hendricks
Neuvirth
Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

#168 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Hmmm...Lu going to Washington is starting to make some sense.

To Washington:

Luongo
Malhotra
3rd round pick 2013

To Vancouver:

Johansson
Hendricks
Neuvirth

Could we do that deal without Manny and the 3rd, I don't think they add much anyways.

the 3rd is decent as the draft is deeper this year and Manny is going to help us out later on, would rather him than Hendricks anyways.

Maybe do a Perreault/Ebbett swap?? As I think Hendricks would be more valuable now that Perreault isn't being used and doesn't want to be there.

To VAN: Johansson, Perreault, Neuvirth

To WSH: Luongo, Ebbett, 4th

Fair?

zackass.png

#169 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

^^ I would imagine we will send Ebbett to Chicago and sign Tambellini. Schroeder has shown he's a step above Ebbett, and our depth on wing could use a little help. (Weise on the second line...)

Tambellini is a great ultility guy to have. He filled in great a couple seasons ago, and brings much more to the table then Ebbett.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#170 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Only thing of value from Washington is Forsberg
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#171 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Only thing of value from Washington is Forsberg

Guess you've never heard of Kuznetsov.

He'll likely be as good, if not better than Taresenko.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#172 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,280 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Guess you've never heard of Kuznetsov.

He'll likely be as good, if not better than Taresenko.

Oh I've heard oh Kuznetsov, I just don't value Russian hockey players. With their on and off ice antics only caring about money and running away from their team when things get rough. Not my kind of player
Posted Image

Previously:
6OH!4, Doug The Thug Glatt

#173 Tyler83

Tyler83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Would Washington actually consider trading Forsberg or is he untouchable?

#174 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,841 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

God I hope we can somehow pry Yakupov out of Edmonton with a Luongo package. Kid played with some serious heart tonight.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#175 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Manny is going nowhere because of his faceoff ability

#176 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

Is this guy legit?

Pittsburgh wouldn't trade for Luongo as he's not an upgrade. Fleury is the opposite of Luongo. He plays mediocre in the regular season and steps it up in big games whereas Luongo plays great in the regular season and mediocre in big games.

Pitt has a better chance to win the cup with Fleury.

Before everyone points to last years debacle against Philly, I'd say that has just as much to do with the Pitt defense as it does Fleury.

#177 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:33 PM

Washington's vulnerable, & McPhee's been historically reluctant to make dramatic deals. Reasons which could lead to them overpaying. So these deals you guys are proposing(about 5 or 6 piece-trades) should be expanded to include Ballard for Alzner.

Between Philly, Florida & Wash one of them will cave, & overpay. MG needs to work these teams' offers against each other, & stick to getting/demanding a KEY young stud(Gudbranson, Alzner or Couturier). All goaltenders on these teams must feel excess pressure about now. This could be an amazing opportunity.

Lastly, I think Lu would accept going to any of these 3-and he's far away, to lessen the chance of burning us in PO's...

#178 vcr1970

vcr1970

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

To be honest, I never really saw TO as a serious trading partner anyway. They just don't have what Van wants, or needs. I also think the emergence as Kass a legit top 6 scoring threat changes MG's strategy a bit. I think they're not so concerned with getting a top 6 roster player back as the centre piece, and can focus a little more on prospects and have a roster players as the secondary piece.

How does Kassian scoring 2 goals make him a legit top 6 threat? The season is 3 games old. Winnick of the Ducks has 4 goals so does that mean he's a top line player?

#179 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,758 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

A couple more losses for WSH and they'll be desperate.

Get Perreault and Johansson! :P

Luongo + Malhotra

for

Perreault and Johansson + Erskine

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Higgins - Johansson - Hansen
Perreault - Lappiere - Weise

We could roll 4 lines no problem with that.

#180 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:48 PM

Washington's vulnerable, & McPhee's been historically reluctant to make dramatic deals. Reasons which could lead to them overpaying. So these deals you guys are proposing(about 5 or 6 piece-trades) should be expanded to include Ballard for Alzner.

Between Philly, Florida & Wash one of them will cave, & overpay. MG needs to work these teams' offers against each other, & stick to getting/demanding a KEY young stud(Gudbranson, Alzner or Couturier). All goaltenders on these teams must feel excess pressure about now. This could be an amazing opportunity.

Lastly, I think Lu would accept going to any of these 3-and he's far away, to lessen the chance of burning us in PO's...

Totally agree. We need a stud prospect back in any deal.

If we deal with the Caps, Johansson and Perreault are skilled centers but smaller and not physical players. Where on earth would we put them in our lineup? They're certainly not fits on our third or fourth lines. Plus we have similar type players already.

Now Laich or Brouwer PLUS either Forsberg or Kuznetsov and we have the makings of a deal that will both help the team now and help restock our shallow prospect pool.

Edited by MJDDawg, 25 January 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.