Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kooner91

(Trade) Alexei Ponikarovsky back to New Jersey

18 posts in this topic

From Pierre LeBrun:

"Further to @TSNBobMcKenzie's tweet, Lou Lamoriello confirms Devils have traded for Ponikarovsky for a 4th-round pick in 2014 and a 7th in '13

I opened the trades page, got a tsn text alert, refreshed the page and bam, 3 topics

I recall reading on some other teams forum that CDC always has trade news (especially canucks) posted with seconds.

Pretty funny

Yup, Zubrus could be out for most of the rest of the season with wrist surgery so they needed someone to fill in. Pni had at least played with the Devils last season so they're familiar with him.

NJD was going to re-sign him, but the Parise situation took to long and Poni signed in the Peg.

Nice for NJD to get him back though and for the same deal they got him for before aswell.

Not sure what Winnipeg is going to do without that big body. They're small enough as it is.

Not sure what Winnipeg is going to do without that big body. They're small enough as it is.

I think Poni was brought back to Winnipeg in the first place in an attempt to get Antropov going.

Clearly it didn't work.. a combined 5 points in 12 games..

Makes me wonder if Nikolai will also be on his way out pretty soon.

I opened the trades page, got a tsn text alert, refreshed the page and bam, 3 topics

Manage to lose more games ;)

He has never seemed to find a fit anywhere except last year in New Jersey after being acquired. New Jersey could use the extra offense they could get.

Hopefully. I want my Jets to stink it up the first couple years, draft high, and develop players properly.

Hopefully. I want my Jets to stink it up the first couple years, draft high, and develop players properly.

Cheap pick up for NJ. A 7th rounder is basically nothing, so Poni for a 4th is a steal considering he can help this team now, and won't go through the awkwardness of playing on a new team.

This guy was still scoring at half a point per game, decent middle-6 forward.