86 replies to this topic

#1 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

He's 3rd on the team in points and this season he's playing very well. But will it translate in the playoffs? I don't think so. His game isn't suited for the playoffs and he'll get pushed around, pluis he could fetch a decent return straight up or packaged with Luongo. Some teams could use his skillset more than us. Not trying to be a downer, or a "hater", and I realize our team is doing well now. We can always improve.

#2 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

What do you think he could fetch straight-up? i really like the schroeder line with hansen and raymond. So fast and schroeder is such a good passer.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 13 February 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,270 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

POPULAR

Or keep him while he is playing well.

zackass.png

#4 Please Call 911

Please Call 911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

POPULAR

How about keep Raymond while his value is up?

Posted Image

Please Call 911

Thanks Mash!

#5 joecanada777

joecanada777

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

The problem is you can say this about anyone but realistically who are you going to get back? Draft pick ? Tougher forward with no hands ? Not easy to pull off great trades these days ... Better if he was packaged with Lou or how bout we just stay loyal to both

QUOTE(queen_canuck_fan)
cuz when I saw you outside in the bushes, by length I would have guessed 11...

QUOTE(Whiskey7 @ Apr 19 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is done in almost every sport, in every league, for a great player who has an "oooooo" sound in his name. I'm always a bit surprised when people don't pick up on it, and announcers on TV have to clarify for those at home.

#6 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:15 AM

What do you think he could fetch straight-up? i really like the schroeder line with hansen and raymond. So fast and schroeder is such a good passer.

Forget straight up but packaged with a roster player/prospect/pick or something. Fact is our forward core still needs some more size/toughness and Raymond has never put up good playoff numbers and I don't expect to change that all of a sudden. Last year he had little stretches where he played well like this too and he has trouble doing is consistently.

#7 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

He is playing well but I still hate him so I'm all for it and bring in a physical player winger or a 3rd line center
Posted Image

#8 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

POPULAR

Trade this "Canucks fan" while his trade value is up!

He's 3rd on the boards in trolls and this season he's trolling very well. But will it translate - to english - in the playoffs? I don't think so. His post isn't suited for the boards and he'll get pushed around, plus he could fetch a horrible return straight up or packaged with Luongo for something we could already get for just Luongo. Some trolls could use his skillset more than us. Trying to be a downer, and a "hater", but our team is doing well now. He can always improve.

Edited by VicNuckleHead09, 14 February 2013 - 12:21 AM.

Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#9 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

He's 3rd on the boards in trolls and this season he's trolling very well. But will it translate - to english - in the playoffs? I don't think so. His post isn't suited for the boards and he'll get pushed around, plus he could fetch a horrible return straight up or packaged with Luongo for something we could already get for just Luongo. Some trolls could use his skillset more than us. Trying to be a downer, and a "hater", but our team is doing well now. He can always improve.

Bravo :towel:

That was really creative!

#10 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

POPULAR

I think your comment is compleatly uncalled for. Butter bean or whatever his name was was just stating his opinion, that is what a forum is all about. People like you have nothing insightful to say and shouldn't post. Why don't you go to the park and push a little kid off his bike.

#11 'NucKô

'NucKô

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

if his value truly is up, then yeah trade him
once kes and booth return there isn't room for him anyways
Posted Image

#12 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

I like Raymond, and I would like the Canucks to try and keep him. This being said, I think there are a couple of factors that could argue against him being here next season.

1.) The Canucks have Sedin, Booth, Higgins and Volpatti on the left side aside from Raymond. They have Burrows, Kassian, Hansen and Weise on the right side.

There is also a good chance that Jensen could challenge for a spot on the team, and I believe he can play either wing. Further, there could be a winger coming back here as part of the assumed goalie trade.

So where does Raymond play? The only way he gets a spot is if someone else is moved, or not re-signed, or left in the minors. For where Raymond can play most effectively, the guys who would be effected would be Booth, Higgins or Jensen.

2.) There will be a new, lower salary cap for next season. Raymond will be a UFA after this season, as will Higgins. Higgins has been less expensive than Raymond over their time here. Further, if Jensen does challenge for a roster spot, he'll be paid just under $900,000 per season. This could mean that he either has to take a very large paycut or he walks (similar to Higgins).

Since it looks like he will not be back next season, I would think the team will trade Raymond, likely as part of the Luongo deal.

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 14 February 2013 - 12:50 AM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#13 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Well we have too many L wingers if you include Jensen in the mix so someone will most likely have to go and really it comes down to who you want in the playoffs cause we are a playoff team. I say we keep Raymond this year and see how he does in the playoffs, if he out performs higgings and or Booth we keep em and if not trade him for a 2nd rounder just like he was drafted and a fifth because who knows if second rounders work out... I like Raymond and I hope he just keeps improving and improving o the point where he is a lock on our team, but got to look at both possibilities i guess :wacko:
Sig too big.

#14 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

I think your comment is compleatly uncalled for. Butter bean or whatever his name was was just stating his opinion, that is what a forum is all about. People like you have nothing insightful to say and shouldn't post. Why don't you go to the park and push a little kid off his bike.

Sorry, I agree to a point. I am just sick of when our team is playing well or not they thinks it is a great time to trade away half the team. This is what got Lou on the block in the first place. I am not saying you have to like Raymond but he has been on our team for many years and deserves some respect. Hell the guy literally broke his back for us in the playoffs. Lets not trade away a guy that has shown signs of being the player we always thought he could have been and not now when that line seems to be clicking so well. It just seems like a dumb move. I am just stating my opinion. It is up to you to post if you disagree.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#15 hockeyfan90

hockeyfan90

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

lol at all the Raymond lovers all of a sudden! Just a few months ago, you all were fed up with him, throwing him under the bus, making fun of his plays and making joke trade proposals with him and Ballard and now that he's playing well, you same people are like why would we trade one of our best player? LMAO you guys crack me up! I'll laugh if he does do well this season and we keep him like all you so called 'lovers' want and then next season he plays like crap again and you same people will be wanting his head again!

Edited by hockeyfan90, 14 February 2013 - 01:17 AM.

#16 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:30 AM

POPULAR

Gillis should trade Kassian too while his value is high.

Both Sedins haven't been quite up to their usual standards, we should trade them before their value goes down.

Booth was expected to play better this season, now that he's more comfortable with the team, but then maybe he wont. We should trade him in-case he ends up struggling out of the gate.

Kesler is almost ready to go, but what if he gets re-injured. We should trade him before that has a chance to happen.

Schneider and Luongo are both playing very well, we should trade them both while their value is highest.

Bieksa has 3 goals in 4 games, a pace that wont last. We should trade him while he's scoring as many goals as Ovechkin.

Jensen is our top prospect not in the NHL, so we should trade him in-case he doesn't play well in the NHL.

Hansen's been hot lately, we should trade him ASAP.

Schroeder's only getting 3rd line minutes, we should trade him soon before AV puts him on the 4th line.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#17 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

The Canucks are gonna have to decide on booth Raymond and Higgins which one to trade cause none of them should be on the 4th line

#18 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

POPULAR

lol at all the Raymond lovers all of a sudden! Just a few months ago, you all were fed up with him, throwing him under the bus, making fun of his plays and making joke trade proposals with him and Ballard and now that he's playing well, you same people are like why would we trade one of our best player? LMAO you guys crack me up! I'll laugh if he does do well this season and we keep him like all you so called 'lovers' want and then next season he plays like crap again and you same people will be wanting his head again!

Could you show the posters in the past that said trade raymond or outright disliked him that are now wanting to keep him and are suddenly Mayray fans? Bring up the contradicting old posts and the supportive new ones. If not, maybe consider it's different people with different opinions because CDC is cetainly not a hive mind

Those that wanted him gone are quieter and those that wanted him to stay are louder right now. Same as the Luongo threads currently. So, no, you are not a solo voice of reason up against a board of bipolar lunatics, even if it may seem that way sometimes.

As for ontopic: anybody should be tradeable for the right price.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

“That guys an idiot. It’s his own fault if he can’t tell the difference between an all star center and a plug defenceman”

"It's not the location. We just can't beat the Canucks. Thank god they're in the West."

#19 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

POPULAR

Or maybe he's 27 and just reaching his prime.

For 2.3 million, why not keep him and take that gamble?

People don't give him enough credit for his skill and versatility.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#20 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Forget straight up but packaged with a roster player/prospect/pick or something. Fact is our forward core still needs some more size/toughness and Raymond has never put up good playoff numbers and I don't expect to change that all of a sudden. Last year he had little stretches where he played well like this too and he has trouble doing is consistently.

He has had trouble being consistent when he has been INJURED - when he is healthy, he plays well. In addition, as a few have noticed, his shot has a lot more zip this year.

#21 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

The Canucks are gonna have to decide on booth Raymond and Higgins which one to trade cause none of them should be on the 4th line

Oh right, and players never get injured, er, oh right, Booth and Kesler are injured, and somebody else could be hurt when they get back. Damn, how does MG think of all that, for Pete's sake! Higgins has really got his jump back and is fairly physical - don't you think he might make a better fourth liner than Weise? Well, at least till somebody else gets hurt, sick or in a slump - and somebody always does.

#22 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

His value hasn't gone up. He's playing well. Not above his own level or anything. We need his energy and speed. I don't know if there is anything that will benefit us that we could get for Raymond...
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#23 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Shadaaaap a uuu face ! He is playing the best hockey of his career. Playing like a man posessed actually. Mayray3.0 if you will. The original Steve Austin(Bionicman) . Mase drives right at the net, shoots from everywhere in the offensive zone, sic passes, HARD HITS, takin shots to tha face ? He is finally the player we all want him to be. You qwazy dog o.O

After the broken neck they replaced a few other parts .....start watching at 40 sec mark

Edited by Mr.DirtyDangles, 14 February 2013 - 02:30 AM.

2zf729h.jpg

"BiG UP"  to TS for the deadly sig !

#24 EV604

EV604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

How come every time a player does well in Vancouver we want to trade him???????

Raymond is back!!!! He ain't going no where unless we get a high return

#25 RBCanucks

RBCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

POPULAR

Luongo + Raymond for Rome
Kesler + Burrows + Booth for Rome
Daniel + Henrik for Rome
Hansen + Higgins for Rome
Lapierre + Volpatti + Malhotra + Weise for Rome
Shroeder + Kassian for Rome

Bieksa + Hamhuis for Rome
Edler + Garrison for Rome
Ballard + Tanev for Rome

This is what our lineup should look like going into the playoffs:

Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome

Rome
Rome

Healthy Scratches: Rome, Rome, and Andrew Ebbet

#26 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

We can't keep everybody, and we have to give our young guys a chance too. Sorry, but someone has to go next year with the decreased salary cap.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#27 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Have I passed into a parallel universe where everyone is striving for midas in reverse? I can't believe some of the stuff being trotted out.
For a couple of years now we have needed a fast transition line who could use sheer speed and passing ability to beat defences especially a D like LA who pinched us to good effect.

Now we have one with the fiery Hansen, a skater in Raymond, who now he is fit induces panic in the opposition every time he gets the puck and a rugged little buzz bomb who despite being in his rookie year shows all the hallmarks of being a real catalyst type of player who sees the early pass and knows how to combine a line.

So what do we get on this thread? Let's throw it all away because Kes and Booth (who stunk it up last year as line mates) will be back (and no doubt playing as insipidly in the playoffs as they did last year although at least Kes had an injury excuse)

I was eying up my 3rd warning on this thread but frankly none of you are worth it.

Edited by Bodee, 14 February 2013 - 04:18 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#28 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:42 AM

His value hasn't gone up. He's playing well. Not above his own level or anything. We need his energy and speed. I don't know if there is anything that will benefit us that we could get for Raymond...

The fact he's essentially a rental player means we wouldn't get real value for him. An average prospect or pick at best. Meaning we wouldn't get anything back of benefit for this season.
Posted Image

#29 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,308 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:45 AM

indeed, some peoples kids.... :picard:

Posted Image

#30 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

Luongo + Raymond for Rome
Kesler + Burrows + Booth for Rome
Daniel + Henrik for Rome
Hansen + Higgins for Rome
Lapierre + Volpatti + Malhotra + Weise for Rome
Shroeder + Kassian for Rome

Bieksa + Hamhuis for Rome
Edler + Garrison for Rome
Ballard + Tanev for Rome

This is what our lineup should look like going into the playoffs:

Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome-Rome

Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome
Rome-Rome

Rome
Rome

Healthy Scratches: Rome, Rome, and Andrew Ebbet

I have never really been amused by all the Rome jokes in the past, but this really made me laugh this morning LMFAO! The healthy scratches was really the cherry on top. Well done and thx for the laugh.

My guess is GM MG will keep the entire team that we have this year and roll with ALL of them into the playoffs and win the cup. That is of course, unless he gets a really good offer for some of them in a trade. Imagine how that works eh. Personally, I am going to sit back and watch some great hockey and just let it all unfold.

In MG I trust :towel:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.