The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Don cherrys view on the canucks goaltending situation

yete

basically he said none of the goalies are getting into there groove...

because the constant switch up none of the goaltenders are getting into there game ....

he also said we should trade cory scheinder and keep lu well i dont know about that one....

I agree with don cherry on the part of our goalies not getting there groove....

seriously whats florida doing? its obvious they need a goalie and jakob markstorm is not putting the best numbers up in the ahl

give us huberdeau and a 1st and end this saga already...

or is it gillis that is taking forever with this trade either way don nailed it, the goalies are not getting into there groove and this is why both goalies are now struggling

because the constant switch up none of the goaltenders are getting into there game ....

he also said we should trade cory scheinder and keep Lalongo well i dont know about that one....

he also said we should trade cory scheinder and keep lu well i dont know about that one....

seriously whats florida doing? its obvious they need a goalie and jakob markstorm is not putting the best numbers up in the ahl

or is it gillis that is taking forever with this trade either way don nailed it, the goalies are not getting into there groove and this is why both goalies are now struggling

Dont really agree with Don on that one..although he's entitled to his opinion.Lou and Schneids have been working together for years..so essentially,nothing has really changed.

Mike Keenan could have a valid point though,....Corey Schneider is the more tradeable of the two.

I am on the fence on who they should trade to be honest I do like Schneids better but I think we could possibly get more from a trade with him then we could from Luongo.

I think it is affecting both goalies Luongo just seems to be handling the situation better since he is choosing humor to deal with it where Schenids seems as if he is just getting mad at himself(which is very refreshing to see but I also don't think he should beat himself up.) I do like Schenids better then Lu and think he would be a better choice in the long run since he is younger and his contract isn't as scary but with that said I am at the point where I think either Lu or Schenids would be great for this team and MG should just get going with the trade. Enough is enough. This situation is not helping the development of either goalie and to be frank I don't think its helping the team either. Its obvious that the Canucks have a few holes in their line up and these holes need to be addressed and I just don't think that those needs can be addressed this season without a trade. So get it done MG get it done!

You can understand where he's coming from. Last season, Luongo was our starter and Schneider would get the occasional start, so it would go something like 3 Luongo starts in a row, then a Schneider start, with the rare 7-starts for Schneider. This season the goalies are playing in 2 game chunks which must be difficult to get into any sort of groove.

I think AV needs to handle this situation a bit differently. Give each goalie little chunks of games, say 3 or 4 at a time and see how they roll with that.

You don't just trade someone because they are in demand. If anything players are that are in demand should probably never be traded, since talented youth is the best asset to hold on to.

You do some house cleaning, by removing future burdens and aging players for a decent return.

Never at any cost should an organization trade away its most valuable assets, makes zero sense for the long term future of the franchise.

you cant compare starting last year to tandom this year. games are so compressed that tandom starts are as frequent as regular starts last year.

unless you are saying that sitting on the bench and watching has an emotional effect on a goalie. if thats the case, i say keep the tandom going. dont coddle a weak mind set.

Archived