The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 - Sharks 3 (SO)

hockeyville88

Don't blame Edler for playing poorly. Every player players poorly during the course of the season.

It's the coaching staff that continues to give him top minutes. I'm guessing they hope that he'll just play his way out of the slump. That kind of goes against their "best players will get ice time" philosophy though.

Don't blame Edler for playing poorly. Every player players poorly during the course of the season.

It's the coaching staff that continues to give him top minutes. I'm guessing they hope that he'll just play his way out of the slump. That kind of goes against their "best players will get ice time" philosophy though.

So...how much rope does Newell Brown have? The PP went dead in the finals against Boston and hasn't been effective since. It's going on 2 seasons and the PP is brutal...40 seconds of cycle and pass it around the perimeter, a point shot and it's cleared. Skate back in and do it again an , voila, PP is over.

The only reason Schroeder is on the point on the PP is because he's right handed and can pass the puck well. This team desperately needs at least another right handed D-man.

This team is missing Bieksa right now, but it is evident that they miss Salo just as much. Salo's shot from the point on the PP was often money in the bank.

One player who I really had my eye on, and hoped that Gillis could aquire in a trade for Lou was TOR's Cody Franson. I'm not the least but surprised that he is playing really well inTO.

No offence buddy but this seems so backwards to me.

So you're advocating playing scrubs like Bernier when theres much better candidates like Hansen and you make it hell for him and nearly impossible to make it but when his talent shows through despite the awful decisions by AV you give the props to AV who almost buried him?

The problem is guys like Hansen worked out but think about the potential talent that AV buries who then gets waived or traded to other teams like Grabner?

- Garrison looking good, as did Hamhuis, I liked that pairing.

- Edler struggled early but got better as the game went along, thought he was fine near the end of the game

- Barker looked solid aside from a few blunders here and there, Ballard stepped up and had a real nice game

- I actually liked Schroeder on the PP, everyone wants a PP guy like Visnovsky but I think Schroeder fills that role fine, he is a great passer and him being a right handed shot is just a bonus, that PP at the end was one of the best I have seen all year, should keep that unit together.

- Schneider with a great game, Niemi too, he was a brick wall.

- Booth with another strong game, just cant buy one. Although if he continues that goals will come, though Kassian was not bad either, although they should put Schroeder on that line instead, Max really hasn't been all that impressive with them IMO

- Hansen with a great game, Raymond and Higgins also played very well.

- AV with more dumb decisions in the shootout, aside from that & the start I thought we played a real strong game though and carried the play for more of it. Deserved the 2 points.

I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone where the Canucks are on some endless loop where they keep playing the exact same way in order to prove that the system was in no way part of their collapse against the Bruins in the Finals.......

AV and Gillis seem frozen by fear to change anything.......

I hope they take Edler off of the 1st unit PP and put in Hamhuis and Garrison. Bieksa should also get more PP time. Edler has just been useless both offensive and defensively recently and needs to be benched for a couple of games. We aren't paying him $5 million to play like a dumbo.

I do agree with some of the critisms of AV. He is not perfect and has to start 'thinking' a bit more.

1. PP - Kassian HAS to be on the number 1 unit even when Kesler comes back. He is a beast and creates the net presence and traffic that will give the Sedins even more room.

2. Schroder should be playing between Booth and Kassian. He has skill and he's playing with plugs. As you say, they are wasting talent, send him to the minors if he needs work, otherwise give him the role that at least CoHo had if you expect him to replace him. And he was doing that quite well at the start of the year, as was Kassian, until AV decided to throw it in the blender.

No offence buddy but this seems so backwards to me.

So you're advocating playing scrubs like Bernier when theres much better candidates like Hansen and you make it hell for him and nearly impossible to make it but when his talent shows through despite the awful decisions by AV you give the props to AV who almost buried him?

The problem is guys like Hansen worked out but think about the potential talent that AV buries who then gets waived or traded to other teams like Grabner?

meh.. the more hodgson scores in buffalo.. the worse the trade is looking.. why couldn't AV and MG just make it work with either Hodgson or kesler on the wing ~~ too stubborn... too much ego... Edler started playing crap ever since last years playoff against the king.. nothing have changed shoulda waited a bit before doing that contract extension... it's looking worse and worse if he continues to play like this ~~ we prolly have one of the most expensive overrated underperforming inconsistent defense in the leage

I'm curious why everyone wants AVs head. He can't go out there and score goals.

Vancouver is 16th in the league in goals per game. 16th people. Last yr they were 5th, year before they were 1st. This is not AV's fault. Toronto, NYI, Carolina and Calgary have HIGHER goals per game than Van.

Booth - Hasn't scored a goal in 11 games. 1 goal scored in last 22 games. His last goal was on April 7, 2012. They didn't bring him in to set up plays, they brought him in to SCORE. I don't care if he 'appears' to look good out there. This game is results orientated. He doesn't kill penalties, doesn't eat tough mins - he's here to score goals and that's it.

Burrows - Has 5 goals all season, hasn't scored one in 6 games. That's a 19 goals pace in an 82 game season playing top line mins with the SEDIN TWINS. Chris Higgins has more goals, eats tougher minutes and has never played with the Sedins.

Kassian and Schroeder get a pass in my books. They're rookies, ups and downs are to be expected. But veterans, like the two I mentioned above, need to wake up.

Office politics probably rules this out-but I'm at the point where I'd rather see ol'Pat Quinn behind the bench.

Vigneault strikes me as petty, spiteful & extremely stubborn. His style reminds me of coaches from the 70's. I'm surprised MG has given him this long; wonder if he holds incriminating photos perhaps?...

Grabner, Shirokov, Hodgson...This kind of coach stifles creativity from emerging talent. If he had a young Pavel Bure, he'd try to turn the guy into a 3rd line grinder. C'mon Gillis-I assumed you were smart enough to see what's going on.

What a waste of money for $5 shmil on a guy. At least so far I can't see the bang of our bucks.

Special team's coaching also sucks: looks to me they don't have (or have prepared ) enough tricks in their Sleeves for the PP. Keep putting Edler out on the 1st PP unit and having Shroeder play along side this dude: didn't you see that hasn't worked for 5+ games? And when they did put out Garry and Hammer together on PP, #2 and #5 can't even agree who is the shooter, like they never practiced this combo before.

Oh, and to some other posts protecting Edler and trying to give some more time to this guy -- wait... did you guys see Edler has been consistently inconsistent since the opening of this season (or dating back to the 1st round last year)? Did you guys remember what happened in the 1st game against San Jose this season when the Sharks scored the second goal? The direct assist was from our dear #23.

I hate this excuse, if this was the case no coach should be fired ever.

I will start asking what he thinks hes doing with slow stone hands lapierre who does not pass in between booth and kassian, while little jordan schroeder who is a disher is in between 2 large grinders.

When burrows is getting bullied by a big team in front of the net and pushed out of the crease, why not put kassian in front on the pp?

Why use schroeder at the point instead of garrisson?

We can blame the entire coaching staff and av is the boss.

advocating, not really but when the player comes through and earns AV's respect they become solid players.

you cannot deny the culture he builds, players want to stay here for less money.

Grabner and CoHo for whatever reason did not fit the AV mould.

Im not condoning it, its just a fact.

Archived