The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

**Which Top Prospect are you Willing to Trade**

carlweezer

Quite obvious this Canuck team needs a shakeup and that a piece is missing in our lineup. It's also quite obvious that there is no goalie market out for Schneids or Lu. Our other trade-able assets wont fetch us enough, guys like Booth, Ballard, Raymond.

Having said that, we have some prospects that could garner some interest. Obviously the higher the prospect , the better the return What is your level of comfort in trading the future for the present. Who on this list can you trade.

Cup now, re-fill the cupboard later is my stance! If any of these guys can get us that bonofide sniper and secondary scorer we desperately need then im willing to trade him, even if its Jensen. Look at teams like the Oilers and Jackets who have been getting 1st over picks, they are nowhere near the cup. You want a cupboard full of top prospects or a cupboard full of Stanley Cups?? Dont be shocked if Gillis moves the top guys on this list at the deadline.

Definitely not Jensen or Gaunce. From what I've seen Jensen has all the tools to become a successfull top 6 forward in the NHL. Great speed, good size, and a great shot. And Gaunce has a good shot at being our shutdown/playmaking 2nd/3rd line center a few years down the road and we should always be developing talent up the middle because it's one of the most important positions to a championship winning team.

Most of those players aren't top prospects.

I wouldn't trade:

- Nicklas Jensen

- Jordan Schroeder

- Brendan Gaunce

- Frank Corrado

I would be willing to maybe move Lack since we have so much goaltending depth. But it would have to be a good offer that either brought back a very good prospect/young player or in a package to bring something that helps now.

And though I don't consider him quite on the level of these other guys (as our top prospects) I would also be willing to move Connaution.

My thoughts exactly, we might not be the best team in the league anymore but if we play our cards right we can still remain a competitive team. We need to start turning over some older guys for youth.

Anyone that suggests sacrificing future and loading up right now should get on the first flight to Calgary. We're tanking at the moment and if our core can't get it together before the deadline, acquiring sid the kid wouldn't carry us to a cup

By the way your username looks like gillyfluffball tried to sign in drunk haha

Archived