204 replies to this topic

#31 lmm

lmm

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

Gillis better be able to work some trade deadline magic with that extra cap space that will become available.

Gillis has neither a hat (with rabbits) a cape or a wand

#32 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:17 PM

This guy reliable? Just a question CDC, don't go all crazy on me.
Dammit, we're dropping like flies. Vandermeer as forward experiment? Why not give it a try? Schroeds...its all on you.

I'll be honest, I do not know if he's reliable or not. The Canuck fans on reddit.com thought it was legit. We will see tonight, as there is apparently a press release on it (I'd assume, anyway).

Edit: Booth is getting checked out right now, there will be a press release tonight. Source: AV at the game day thing on canucks.com

Edited by Hyzer, 18 March 2013 - 04:19 PM.

#33 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,854 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

Most likely a torn ACL/MCL

but what was mentioned earlier in the thread I don't think it is protocol to remove all contents from the locker room due to an injury so there may be something else going on but who knows

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#34 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

POPULAR

I think it is really sad that Booth got injured.

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

Anybody's leg would have broken under that stress.

What the heck is a guy supposed to do to please you creeps?

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

#35 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

but what was mentioned earlier in the thread I don't think it is protocol to remove all contents from the locker room due to an injury so there may be something else going on but who knows

Even if it's season ending?

#36 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:24 PM

He was really flying out there, hitting everything he could, and generating scoring opportunities.

All this talk about him being invisible, useless, not worth his contract, injury-proned, whatever is disrespectful.

If they cleaned out his locker, he probably needs the season and the playoffs at least to heal.

I hope he plays great for us when he comes back because, from what we have seen, he gives it his all.

I agree he definitely does give it his all, it would be nice to see a little bit of finish though

Posted Image

#37 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,656 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:25 PM

What ever trade that Gillis makes people are going to complain about what we gave up.

#38 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,697 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

Damn, not a good sign. I know everyone was ragging on him for not producing but I thought he was one of the only players on our team actually playing with some urgency, If he's out for the year we'll need to find a replacement.

#39 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • 11,854 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

Even if it's season ending?

Like I said "I don't think it is protocol"

That being said there is still 6 weeks left in the reg season let alone the playoffs so the injury must be very serious if he is done for the season including playoffs (if they make it)

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#40 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

I'm not so sure we bring in too much cap, although we could put Booth/Kesler/Manny on LTI to let us go over the cap if we did make a trade like that. We still have to get rid of $6-7M in cap space for next year, so the suggestions of Roy, Ribero, etc. don't make as much sense as a more affordable option or a veteran rental we don't give up too much for.

Back to Booth, the Canucks won't have an official update until later, but they did say to not expect it to be short term. Tough to see a guy like that who could offer more and was starting to play better get injured again. He and Ballard are likely casualties of the cap dropping, but whether that's through a buyout or trade remains to be seen.

For the right price a team could pick him up to help reach the cap floor. He can still be a serviceable player for a team like NYI or CLB. It all comes down to the price.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#41 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Looked ugly on the replay so not really a surprise.

Ya. I can see season ending there. Probably gone 4-6 months

#42 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Torn ACL/MCL is most probable. He could have also have a tibial plafond fracture... Neither of which would I wish upon anyone.

#43 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,365 posts

Since he got here, he's been unlucky with the injury bug, getting injured right when his game is finally starting to get strong.. Unfortunately for him, and his desire to play in a big market like Vancouver, he needs to be traded somewhere else. I love Booth and what he brings, but his fortunes here as a Canuck hasn't panned out and he's probably pissed off that he gets injured at the wrong time.

#44 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

This season sucks.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

#45 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,498 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

How does the amnesty buyout work? Does he have to play one last game before he can be deemed non-injured? Is it based on an NHL's (not team's) medical staff's opinion?
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#46 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

People dogging on the guy when he has had no puck distributing centre to work with.

#47 SILLY GOOSE

SILLY GOOSE

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

This season sucks.

This season sucks.

LOL. Just be thankful PHI or NY isn't your home team.

0au3Jj.gif

#48 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

you guys are all wrong with booth

Gillis isnt going to just give up on a guy who was struggling when he got him

if he's kept raymond for this long ,booth aint going anywhere
Posted Image

#49 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

Yeah its awesome he gives it his all, and looks good and what not. But taking up more cap space than any forward other than the Sedins right now means you have to get something on the board.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#50 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,527 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

It looked like a season ending injury so im not surprised. doubt he'll be back for the playoffs either.

#51 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,744 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

I think people should lower their deadline expectations. With a deep draft ahead, I don't see MG moving assets just for the possibility of a 7-8 spot in the playoffs and first round exit. Not saying he wants them to miss, but I doubt he'll make a reactionary move this season.

I have to agree. Those that think MG is going to make a panic move for one year haven't been paying that close of attention to MG's style. The lockout impacted his ability to trade a goalie.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#52 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

This teams sense of 'give a ****' plummets with Booths absence.

Contracts and production aside, Booth is one of the few who seems to actually care about the outcome of each and every game.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 18 March 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#53 Barry_Wilkins

Barry_Wilkins

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Since he got here, he's been unlucky with the injury bug, getting injured right when his game is finally starting to get strong.. Unfortunately for him, and his desire to play in a big market like Vancouver, he needs to be traded somewhere else. I love Booth and what he brings, but his fortunes here as a Canuck hasn't panned out and he's probably pissed off that he gets injured at the wrong time.

I disagree. Booth has little hockey IQ as evidenced by his non-existent passing skills, and his reads, especially on offense. That also now seems to translate into how he fails to protect himself in tight quarters. Yes, some injuries are flukes, but in other cases, a player has to be able to anticipate situations including opponents' positioning in dangerous areas, and react accordingly. I've little confidence that, with Booth back, he'd be able to go on a prolonged run of multiple 70 + game seasons.

#54 Mookie Wilson

Mookie Wilson

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

For the right price a team could pick him up to help reach the cap floor. He can still be a serviceable player for a team like NYI or CLB. It all comes down to the price.

If a low budget team is looking to reach the cap floor, they will either add an artificially high cap hit or acquire a contract that is good value. Booth fits neither category.

Tim Thomas has an artificial cap hit. His cap hit counts, be he is not paid his salary because he did not report. That's why the Islanders wanted him. Danny Briere is attractive to low budget teams, because his cap hit will be higher than his salary for the remainder of his current contract.

At this point, Booth provides zero value, and so a team will not be trading for him. Our only is that he recovers from injury in time so that he can be subject to an amnesty buy-out.

#55 WZRD

WZRD

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Booth was really good for the Canucks but unfortunately he's been injured most of the time.

I find it funny that people keep bashing Booth however no one talks about how bad Kassian has been. I remember when Gillis was talking about how Kass was supposed to help the Canucks immediately. The only time Kass was more noticeable then Booth was when he played with the Sedins. Feels like years ago.

Edited by WZRD, 18 March 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#56 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,036 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Don't forget Buffalo gave a guy like Leino 4.5 million dollars. There's always teams out there that are desperate enough to take a chance on players.

Booth can still be traded, and for a team needing to reach the cap floor, a contract that you won't have to pay for for the rest of the season might be attractive.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#57 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,648 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

People dogging on the guy when he has had no puck distributing centre to work with.

took the words right outta my mouth ..

#58 snolan

snolan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

Hate to say it but if you can't flog him somehow in the off-season for peanuts, you buy him out. Injured too often to be reliable, like his style but things definitely haven't turned out well :(

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#59 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

Don't forget Buffalo gave a guy like Leino 4.5 million dollars. There's always teams out there that are desperate enough to take a chance on players.

Booth can still be traded, and for a team needing to reach the cap floor, a contract that you won't have to pay for for the rest of the season might be attractive.

buffalo seemed to be on a spending binge that year
Posted Image

#60 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

took the words right outta my mouth ..

very true , and this should be said towards raymond too
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.