The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

I did not face palm u. It was a response to the rumour. It has been reported in the news this week. That you feel entitled to shoot it down is your own version of which rumour to believe. For the record it was trash talk only cuz it was a rumour. I have no idea why you feel insulted?

And I'm happy to engage in polite conversation or trade trash talk. But here clearly you feel entitled to trash talk me, "self-righteous bullshat." And call on me to engage in polite conversation.

Your a funny man ON. Peacfeully; I'm out.

Dreger stepping up the Kipprusoff to Toronto storyline.

If he wasn't Nonis' cousin and so evidently invested in the fate of the Laffs, it might not be so difficult to take him seriously.

Apparently Bozak is now considered too high a price to pay for Luongo.

If their intention is to continue to sell ridiculous lowball offers, they probably should be keeping in touch with Jay Feaster.

haha. gillis isn't stupid, man.

toronto can go and trade with someone else.

vancouver doesn't need them.

can't wait to see the laffs sink in the standings next year. they're fortunate that some of the teams out east isn't doing as well this shortened season.

Ya Kno; I went to a Carlos Santana concert last weekend. He suggested we should see the good in all people?

I think I'll settle for Corsi evaluations and give my thanks.

BTW we should still trade Lou before the deadline. Please Carlos, let us believe MG is God again...

Again - you're convoluting stories - none of which added up to a deal for Kadri being in place and Luongo blocking it by refusing to waive.

You launched into "trash talk" - feel free to post this "report" or even the rumour.

I'm not insulted - this isn't about me. I'm just calling this what it is - fiction.

But if you wonder why I respond to you as I do, consider this - my response to another poster whether I'd trade Luongo for Gagner:

"That's a tough one. Gagner clearly has 2nd line scoring talent, but he's an odd fit all things considered, and I'm not thrilled with how weak he is in the faceoff circle"

CanuckSurfer's take on that...

"Ohhh, you must hate Edmonton more than the Laff's?"

Do you not see how daft that is? If you want me to 'stick to arguments', perhaps you should avoid these adolescent sidetracks.

The assumptions/"trash talk" you jump to regarding Luongo - likewise.

Lou will stay and be moved to either:

Philly post Bryz Buyout

NYI

FLA

Washington

at the draft.

He won't go to T.O because they will ride Reimer to see if he has it to win in the playoffs. He has earned his shot there and I don't think they want to mess with the Kid's head now that he's starting to play the way he showed prior to his concussion. He is a good goalie and I think part of why Toronto doesn't want to give up much is there is strong potential in Reimer. At a certain point you have to give the guy the ball and see if he can carry it.

Its a smart move by Nonis. I get it. If Van will give him to us for nothing, sure, we'll do it. If not we are happy to let Reimer gain the experience he will need and see if he can carry us. If he can't and falters well make a trade next year after giving him some time to see if he learns (assuming he can't win a round yet on his own, which can't even be expected of him).

The leafs aren't going to the cup, they'll be fortunate to get out of the first round so why blow your brains out on a goalie that even if you get past the first round can't help you win a cup yet.

It was the same argument many were making about MG not going all in like Pitts this year (to which I have come around on and agree). We have too many holes, like Toronto to get anywhere, so why overpay for an asset that only really helps you when you are ready. If its cheap sure, but don't over pay.

Ya Kno; I went to a Carlos Santana concert last weekend. He suggested we should see the good in all people?

I think I'll settle for Corsi evaluations and give my thanks.

BTW we should still trade Lou before the deadline. Please Carlos, let us believe MG is God again...

Lou will stay and be moved to either:

Philly post Bryz Buyout

NYI

FLA

Washington

at the draft.

He won't go to T.O because they will ride Reimer to see if he has it to win in the playoffs. He has earned his shot there and I don't think they want to mess with the Kid's head now that he's starting to play the way he showed prior to his concussion. He is a good goalie and I think part of why Toronto doesn't want to give up much is there is strong potential in Reimer. At a certain point you have to give the guy the ball and see if he can carry it.

Its a smart move by Nonis. I get it. If Van will give him to us for nothing, sure, we'll do it. If not we are happy to let Reimer gain the experience he will need and see if he can carry us. If he can't and falters well make a trade next year after giving him some time to see if he learns (assuming he can't win a round yet on his own, which can't even be expected of him).

The leafs aren't going to the cup, they'll be fortunate to get out of the first round so why blow your brains out on a goalie that even if you get past the first round can't help you win a cup yet.

It was the same argument many were making about MG not going all in like Pitts this year (to which I have come around on and agree). We have too many holes, like Toronto to get anywhere, so why overpay for an asset that only really helps you when you are ready. If its cheap sure, but don't over pay.

I'm really starting to think MG waited too long, held out for too much and is now going to get fleeced or stuck with Lou's contract.

All of which makes me believe his time here is shor - one, maybe two more years.

I hope I'm wrong and he gets value for Lou.

Archived