The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Every time i hear the name Dale tallon, I think of Gil Perreault. This knob OWES the city of Vancouver/province of BC. If he had even a SHRED of humility by GAWWD, he'd send us 5 of his BEST PROSPECTS for the great Roberto.

Ever since 1970, this guy's been wreakin'havoc on our good times! Wouldn't be surprised if he also caused the Beatles break up; AND the over-commercialization of the Stones, leading to 35 years of dismal albums...

WAKE UP Tallon, & pay off yer debts!...

Maybe Tallas will be easier to deal with?

Count me in for Shore and Petrovic! Happy to send a touch more back to close the deal...

I think this Tallas guy (first one I thought was a typo, but then after Halford called him "Tallas" 4 or 5 times, I have to wonder...is he trolling him, or does he have no idea who he's writing about?)... I think this Tallas guy will be in a much better position to scoop up Luo and bring him home in the offseason.

Reasons:

1) he had injuries that left him with no extra skaters to part with. In the offseason, the Canucks probably won't be looking to take from his roster.

2) he had two goaltenders on contract to start the season. Two goaltenders who got them into the playoffs last year, but struggled significantly this year.

3) "Tallas" has had an opportunity to see that the young Markstrom could use a veteran mentor, one who isn't threatened by a young stud goaltender (ie. Roberto and Luongo).

4) Acquiring Luongo will be an easier sell coming off a cellar of a season. There are plenty of reasons aside from Tallas, that Florida missed the playoffs, but if they can pick him up in the offseason for futures, which they have an abundance of, it probably would be pretty easy for the Panthers and their fans to live with.

5) Theodore, Kovalev, and Weiss (unless there is a turnaround in negotiations) come off the books for them in the summer.

I still primarily want Petrovic - add a reasonable RFA forward - Howden, Matthias, or Shore (I wonder if he's still so untouchable after a point in 19 games since being defined that way?), or Florida's 2nd in this year's draft and I think that would be hard to turn down.

Those Florida guys have a way of really turning out for us. Can we have another couple?

Mac T did say it was time for some bold moves in the presser the other day.

I would never have previously thought that Lui would waive his NTC for Edmonton, but after seeing his emotion at the deadline, maybe this wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

Every time i hear the name Dale tallon, I think of Gil Perreault. This knob OWES the city of Vancouver/province of BC. If he had even a SHRED of humility by GAWWD, he'd send us 5 of his BEST PROSPECTS for the great Roberto.

Ever since 1970, this guy's been wreakin'havoc on our good times! Wouldn't be surprised if he also caused the Beatles break up; AND the over-commercialization of the Stones, leading to 35 years of dismal albums...

What does that even mean man?

People said we are getting John Tavares from the islanders for Christ sake.

Bjustad has been mentioned the most so that means FLA wants to move him?

Is this a wishing well?

In that case

To Van

1980's Miami Vice style Ferrari for Noheart

To FLA

Luongo

As I said, you haven't been here for all 7 Luongo threads for you would have seen the total utter sarcasm in my post regarding Bjudgstad which was said countless times since the summer, even though Tallon said he was untouchable; even then, the Bjudgstad conversation kept going amongst other posters while I kept saying he was deemed untouchable.

Concerning the Schneider for Tavares proposals, I started it.

As I said to you, friend, you haven't been around to see beyond typed words. I'm sure most others got it.

Good luck, friend.

Ok ok, now, you may stop going all out hate again. Some of us already mentioned the fact that we won't be getting a high return such as Tavares or even Bjustad.

But I agree with only getting a prospect and pick. Gillis wants a roster player, a Prospect and Draft pick, I personally think he will only get 2 of the following 3 things, which I am ok with.

But yea, we need to stop mentioning Bjustad. They are not even willing to give up Petrovic.

As I said, you haven't been here for all 7 Luongo threads for you would have seen the total utter sarcasm in my post regarding Bjudgstad which was said countless times since the summer, even though Tallon said he was untouchable; even then, the Bjudgstad conversation kept going amongst other posters while I kept saying he was deemed untouchable.

Concerning the Schneider for Tavares proposals, I started it.

As I said to you, friend, you haven't been around to see beyond typed words. I'm sure most others got it.

Good luck, friend.

Archived