The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

AV puts Lu in for Game 4 and he plays a SO. Seals the deal for a June trade. No Canuck fan should have wanted a CUP for an abbreviated season anyway. It would have tarnished the 43 year wait! Hang in there kids. House cleaning in the off season. Gillis will move out Lu, Ballard, Raymond and Booth and get something back in return. Oh forget, all new coaching as well.

You don't score .75ppg in the playoffs without heart, 101.

You don't get run over by a train, as Henrik was last year by Brown - and return to dominate the late stages of that same game.

Spare me 'the twins have no heart' nonsense. It's ignorance.

They're just not chest thumpers. Neither is Luongo. Luongo often has that passive, defeated look about him. Once in a while, as in the Chicago game 7 pregame, you see the fight in Luongo. But it wouldn't be hard to claim he lacks heart, if your using the Sedins as a standard.

Fact is, you're not Trevor Linden. None of us are. We all love Linden, we all wish he could still play for us, but knocking the twins because they're not Linden is ridiculous.

Trading the Sedins and Schneider for "offensive return"....humorous.

Henrik is 7th in the NHL in scoring over the past two seasons.

The Sedins 'only' produced 85 points in 95 games this oddball year, without a second line, and while taking far more dzone starts as a result of Kesler and Malhotra's absence.

Over the past 3, Henrik's 3rd, while Daniel is 5th in scoring.

Past 4 seasons, he's 2nd while Daniel is 5th.

Past 5 - 2nd and 5th.

Past 6 - 3rd and 6th.

Past 7 - 4th and 8th.

Past 8 - 5th and 8th.

Past 9 - 5th and 9th.

You have to go back 10 years before one of them falls out of the top 10.

Henrik is 7th while Daniel is 11th in scoring over the past decade.

Trade them and Schneider for some scoring. Genius.

MG screwed this up and he screwed it up badly.

He should have shipped Cory out 2 years ago for a nice piece that would've helped the team in the now and we could have went all in. He waited for too much for Luongo even though I would've hated to hear the fans in Toronto "Luuu" after saves since they tore him down while he was a Canuck that option of having him go to Toronto and the pieces that were rumored to be coming back would have been better than the mess that management has created now. We're in a situation where Luongo is likely going to be traded for nothing or even worse being bought out.

This is HUUUGE mistake on MG's part. We were in a position of power with 2 goalies he should have shipped Schnieds out when he would've gotten us a great return and now we're going to get nothing out of this whole thing.

edit : Lu's yaletown condo is up for sale now. The end of an era is approaching.

So if you were playing in the SCF and you'd won the first three games you'd say, "see, we've proved we could win it, but since it's a lockout season we don't want it," and then just throw the last 4 games?

Back on topic, I still think Luongo gets traded. I just don't see a significant enough deal being offered that would have us trade Schneider over Luongo. I'd be fine with either being our goalie though.

You are right about this. I always laughed when Leafs fans would suggest the same with Sundin. Maybe he didn't have the fire that guys like Linden, Gilmour, Messier, Clark etc. seemed to have over the years but the guy flat out scored. More than any other Leaf ever. Just like Henrik! You don't replace that. You compliment it. Even in the playoffs where everyone goes on about how awesome Kesler is the Sedins quietly put up numbers and make few mistakes. And the Sedins playoff numbers aren't far off their regular season pace. No they aren't in your face guys but lots of players are quiet on the ice. I've actually found Henrik to have an edge this season that he hasn't had in the past.

Yes Kesler had a great half a game but other than that he has played poorly. Wishing away the Sedins is dangerous because I'm not sure what happens when they are gone. This team doesn't have a lot of consistent scoring threats now and as oldnews numbers state above, maybe one or two teams at any given time have a better one two scoring punch than Vancouver.

Do u guys think these two games and 15min in game three brings Luis value up?

He proved he's just elite and can raise his level of play to being the best in the league. Hence him being second to only Hasek in save percentage. (Min 550games)... higher than roy n broduer who played on the most stacked teams pilled up with noris winners/candidates

Do u guys think these two games and 15min in game three brings Luis value up?

He proved he's just elite and can raise his level of play to being the best in the league. Hence him being second to only Hasek in save percentage. (Min 550games)... higher than roy n broduer who played on the most stacked teams pilled up with noris winners/candidates

I think NJ could be an ideal team to make a deal with, potentially some sort of blockbuster

Luongo + 1st for NJD 1st +Mid / Low Prospect

he basically becomes the No.1 if Marty retires and plays in a system that is still stifling defensively but can score a fair bit

I think NJ could be an ideal team to make a deal with, potentially some sort of blockbuster

he basically becomes the No.1 if Marty retires and plays in a system that is still stifling defensively but can score a fair bit

Archived