The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Yes Tallon has cards to play.

But he also finished dead last in the 30 team league, with the worst goals against.

He will have a budget.

And he will have pressure to convert that budget back into play off revenue.

Of all the rumoured teams (TO, Washington, Edmonton (?), NYI), only Florida's tenders pretty much fell apart all year.

The media scrum at noon today should shed some light on the Canuck future. If AV is fired the new coach might have some influence on the direction that Gillis takes as far as assets to be moved. The Canucks are faced with CAP concerns as are many other NHL teams. Tallon is sitting pretty down in Florida with draft pics and plenty of CAP space. His phone should be ringing steadily. As per usual Don Cherry made a lot of sense about the goalie situation. I have been a Schneider advocate since 2011 but that might require some reconsideration. I am not saying that because I think Lu is a better tender but simply because Schneider might bring more back in a deal. I would be against any deal that does not yield a major revamp of the roster.

Some notables have disagreed with me that we need a re-shuffle on D. I think its obvious we need to improve our puck moving and skating from the defensive end.

Will Tanev add puck handling and shooting to his sublime breakout passes and speed? Sure, but I dont tab him as an all star. Nor do I wish to rely on rookie Corrado being our puck lugging D. He's a great balanced D, but was not the guy who lugged the puck in Sudbury or Kitchener; why would he be here. As promising as they are we need help.

And I don't believe we can afford to lose Bieksa.

Here it is;

Lou and Edler to Florida

Campbell and Shore to Van

Simple!

Edler might even be better than Campbell in numerous ways? What we lose in Edler's skills we have in other players. What we get in Campbell is an ultra fast puck moving D who can grant us more time in the offensive end and upgrade our PP QB. Shore equals a sniping and playmaking young talent, and we get cap relief to boot. Do we overpay? Who cares; it serves our needs!

Side note; Reimer just absolutely just stoned Bergeron with a miraculous save. Grunt, TO's tending might not be so bad?

The TSN panel was mentioning how NYI would be a good fit for Luongo.

I agree. It does make alot of sense on many different levels.

The Isles are a young exciting team, but they need some stability in net, and a veteran goalie like Luongo could be a great leader for them.

The team's moving to Booklyn and after this great first round series, adding a big name player could really attract fans.

Luongo would be more likely to go there now that they've shown they can contend, and Brooklyn would be a great place for him (short flight to Florida, large italian community, part of a young rebranded team, not as much media scrutiny)

Plus the Isles have some pieces we could really use. Last time I checked, Niedereitter wanted out of there because they didn't even invite him to camp. He's a highly skilled left winger (exactly what we need), and could be an exciting addition to a future core of Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, and Kassian.

U reckon they'll play Shore more than Huberdeau, Mackinnon & Bjugstad. Edler is a pretty good sweetener to the deal and they unload Campbell's salary...

Take your pick, Florida would be silly to hang on to that many good young centres...

Shore is untouchable! Simple!

Campbell's contract is atrocious! Simple!

It's almost like we should cheer for the Penguins.

If the Islanders pull off a 1st round upset, wouldn't they just re-sign Nabakov?

The TSN panel was mentioning how NYI would be a good fit for Luongo.

I agree. It does make alot of sense on many different levels.

The Isles are a young exciting team, but they need some stability in net, and a veteran goalie like Luongo could be a great leader for them.

The team's moving to Booklyn and after this great first round series, adding a big name player could really attract fans.

Luongo would be more likely to go there now that they've shown they can contend, and Brooklyn would be a great place for him (short flight to Florida, large italian community, part of a young rebranded team, not as much media scrutiny)

Plus the Isles have some pieces we could really use. Last time I checked, Niedereitter wanted out of there because they didn't even invite him to camp. He's a highly skilled left winger (exactly what we need), and could be an exciting addition to a future core of Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, and Kassian.

I still think a deal with florida is best for all.

Luo , rights to Raymond ,Shroeder + Bieksa

for

Florida's 1st which is 2nd overall , Matthias , Gudbranson

then trade

Burrows , Sauve , Kesler and a 5th to the Flyers

for

Couturier and a 2nd round pick plus a 4th

then we'd have

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Couturier Hansen

Booth Matthias Weise

Sestito Guance/Lappy Archibald

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Garrison

Gudbranson Corrado

Schneider

Lack

to me this is a big change with us getting lots younger and bigger yet being able to compete for the cup!!

Florida would get better and so would the Flyers!!!!

well Matthias turned it on at the end of the year, our D men are better and bigger, the team is younger and better with the trades and we get rid of players that have been hurt and getting old which I don't know if you have watched any of the players I'd trade for or you just dont want change after two years of going out first round.Say what you will but to me and many these trades make us a way better team.What would you do if you could???Me I'd get younger, bigger and more picks which is a win and change which we need now.

I still think a deal with florida is best for all.

Luo , rights to Raymond ,Shroeder + Bieksa

for

Florida's 1st which is 2nd overall , Matthias , Gudbranson

then trade

Burrows , Sauve , Kesler and a 5th to the Flyers

for

Couturier and a 2nd round pick plus a 4th

then we'd have

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Couturier Hansen

Booth Matthias Weise

Sestito Guance/Lappy Archibald

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Garrison

Gudbranson Corrado

Schneider

Lack

to me this is a big change with us getting lots younger and bigger yet being able to compete for the cup!!

Florida would get better and so would the Flyers!!!!

Archived