The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Never wanted to see Lu go to Toronto anyways, and they really don't have the pieces we need.

All they were good for was creating leverage for us, which they weren't even very good at with their constant lowballing.

I think a deal with Florida, TBay, and NYI can still be worked out. Maybe even darkhorses like Washington or Philly.

Just heard on Team 1040 that Kipper has agreed to waive his NTC to go to the Leafs if they can work out an extension.

Looks like it'll be Panthers or bust now for Lui.

Edit: Sorry but don't have a link. But it was just discussed with BMac and Farhan.

Just heard on Team 1040 that Kipper has agreed to waive his NTC to go to the Leafs if they can work out an extension.

Looks like it'll be Panthers or bust now for Lui.

Edit: Sorry but don't have a link. But it was just discussed with BMac and Farhan.

Luongo, Booth for Green and a backup?

Edler for Couturier, Talbot?

Raymond and a pick for Ott?

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Higgins - Roy - Kesler

Ott - Couturier - Hansen

Lapierre - Talbot - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Green

Ballard - Tanev

Schneider

Backup

Lol Leaf fans on HF were saying that Bozak would get 1st or 1st+ easily if team became desperate.

We just got Roy for 2nd and a prospect. And Roy is by far the better player. :lol:

Anyways. This obviously changes things. I wasn't a fan of Clowe, but I wouldn't mind bringing in a winger.

We should look at MacArthur or Kulemin from the Leafs IMO, Kulemin would be the better of the two.

So maybe we could get MacArthur + 2nd + Prospect, or Kulemin + 2nd/Prospect.

As for FLA, I still wouldn't mind bringing in Goc or Mattias (preferably Mattias now)

Gillis's primary target was a center in a Lu deal. Now that he was able to get Roy, he's saying it opens up the possibilities for other trades.

I think that means he'll go back and look at some of the other teams offers that maybe didn't include the center he was looking for, but maybe had a package of good picks or prospects.

Archived