The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 7 players including Canucks' Barker

Wondering with Adam Hall coming back available, might this be the time to grab him (assuming he falls to the Canucks)?

Last time he came on waivers, I offered an opinion on why he would be a good addition. His underlying stats are absolutely filthy good in the defensive zone. Pretty much shuts opponents down completely (his GA20 numbers are amazing). Excellent faceoff perrcentages and a RH option. Can play all three forward positions. No escaping the fact that he's an absolute black hole offensively (bad personal stats and pulls linemates down, in terms of offensive production. Of course, he also elevates teammates defensively). But with Kesler coming back and the Roy trade, I don't see why Hall would need to do anything offensively beyond dump it in the corner and get off the ice.

What he would help with is eliminating the pathetic fire drill we've seen in the Canucks defensive zone lately. Would help take that weight off of Kesler (who will make the Dzone forwards much better on his own), rather than expecting Kes to handle all the key defensive draws and matchups.

I see Hall as a minor addition that could prove to be a valuable piece that complements the forward group on this squad.

Douchie-ness is because you claim your BS as fact rather than saying something like:

oh ya I seem to remember a couple of years ago Clowe mentioned he didn't like Vancouver in a post game interview.

As opposed to:

No way Clowe is coming here, he hates Vancouver and would never ever play for them

See the difference? The douchey thing is to to post crap like you know the player and he has told you these things.

Wondering with Adam Hall coming back available, might this be the time to grab him (assuming he falls to the Canucks)?

Last time he came on waivers, I offered an opinion on why he would be a good addition. His underlying stats are absolutely filthy good in the defensive zone. Pretty much shuts opponents down completely (his GA20 numbers are amazing). Excellent faceoff perrcentages and a RH option. Can play all three forward positions. No escaping the fact that he's an absolute black hole offensively (bad personal stats and pulls linemates down, in terms of offensive production. Of course, he also elevates teammates defensively). But with Kesler coming back and the Roy trade, I don't see why Hall would need to do anything offensively beyond dump it in the corner and get off the ice.

What he would help with is eliminating the pathetic fire drill we've seen in the Canucks defensive zone lately. Would help take that weight off of Kesler (who will make the Dzone forwards much better on his own), rather than expecting Kes to handle all the key defensive draws and matchups.

I see Hall as a minor addition that could prove to be a valuable piece that complements the forward group on this squad.

That's funny cause Dan Murphy made a point during last night's game about how Clowe said he would love to play in Vancouver and under AV again... But I guess you have more insider insight than Murph does... So I guess we'll take your obvious expert opinion on how Clowe feels about anything in the future. :rolleyes:

We should claim Santorelli, he is an upgrade on Ebbett and adds more depth down the middle.

I would look at Foster too, as a depth guy. He wouldn't be a bad depth addition for the playoffs incase we run into injures.

As for Barker I doubt he gets claimed, and if he does. Good for him, I like Alberts over him although I think he has been playing better than Alberts as of late.

Not a bad plan.

And if we make another trade, oops; back on waivers!

We should claim Santorelli, he is an upgrade on Ebbett and adds more depth down the middle.

I would look at Foster too, as a depth guy. He wouldn't be a bad depth addition for the playoffs incase we run into injures.

As for Barker I doubt he gets claimed, and if he does. Good for him, I like Alberts over him although I think he has been playing better than Alberts as of late.

Mike Santorelli is also a Vancouver boy, centerman and registered 41 points in 82 games in 2010/11.. definitely worth a claim, much better depth than Ebbett (possibly LaPierre too) and allows us to try Kesler on the wing with Roy in the middle...

Archived