Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cbones13

See How We Can Do Really Good With Even an Amateur Back Up?

24 posts in this topic

Huh! For all you people who think we need to 2 star goalies, tonight was a perfect example.

Apparently he played 5 years in the WHL as well and he has pretty good stats for U of C. I wouldn't say he an amateur.

Sorry amateur wrong word... non 7 million dollar goalie is better word.

He was great in the warm up.

Apparently he played 5 years in the WHL as well and he has pretty good stats for U of C. I wouldn't say he an amateur.

Either way, it had to be a great night for Butler....

...a little cash, lunch with the team, a free jersey with his name on the back and the best seat in the house for an NHL game. Sounds pretty good to me.

Plus, even though he didn't get into a game, how many of us can say we've signed an NHL contract?

Agree, must have been great. Can we afford it though? A free meal. The organization wasn't even able to offer more than a hot dog for its faithful.

We win with a amateur backup because we don't need to use him. They also said he got Luu's goalie stick autographed by everyone on the team. Not a bad experience when you wake up thinking its going to be a normal day and next thing you know your playing backup for a NHL team.

Funny, I must have missed the part where he played.

Doesn't take much to wear gear and sit on the bench and watch the game.

Just imagine in Luongo tweaked his groin again mid-game...

Sign Butler! Schneider can start ALL THE GAMES next season.

I'm usually not one to poke fun, but this thread truly is magnificent.

Either way, it had to be a great night for Butler....

...a little cash, lunch with the team, a free jersey with his name on the back and the best seat in the house for an NHL game. Sounds pretty good to me.

Plus, even though he didn't get into a game, how many of us can say we've signed an NHL contract?

Kid looked very nervous. Almost like he was going to be sick at one point in the 2nd period.

So the guy makes a few saves in the warm-up and you figure you should create a new thread and not post in the existing Butler thread? Nice.

Btw, a poster in that thread mentioned he played in a rec hockey tourney last week with Butler and said he got lit up! Now you're making him an NHL back-up? This forum never ceases to amaze me sometimes!!!

:picard::picard:

"Sure, we can extrapolate that small sample size of one game over an 82 game season and it won't lose the effectiveness of the argument" said no one ever the OP.

So the guy makes a few saves in the warm-up and you figure you should create a new thread and not post in the existing Butler thread? Nice.

Btw, a poster in that thread mentioned he played in a rec hockey tourney last week with Butler and said he got lit up! Now you're making him an NHL back-up? This forum never ceases to amaze me sometimes!!!

:picard::picard:

Huh! For all you people who think we need to 2 star goalies, tonight was a perfect example.