The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

See How We Can Do Really Good With Even an Amateur Back Up?

cbones13

Either way, it had to be a great night for Butler....

...a little cash, lunch with the team, a free jersey with his name on the back and the best seat in the house for an NHL game. Sounds pretty good to me.

Plus, even though he didn't get into a game, how many of us can say we've signed an NHL contract?

We win with a amateur backup because we don't need to use him. They also said he got Luu's goalie stick autographed by everyone on the team. Not a bad experience when you wake up thinking its going to be a normal day and next thing you know your playing backup for a NHL team.

Either way, it had to be a great night for Butler....

...a little cash, lunch with the team, a free jersey with his name on the back and the best seat in the house for an NHL game. Sounds pretty good to me.

Plus, even though he didn't get into a game, how many of us can say we've signed an NHL contract?

So the guy makes a few saves in the warm-up and you figure you should create a new thread and not post in the existing Butler thread? Nice.

Btw, a poster in that thread mentioned he played in a rec hockey tourney last week with Butler and said he got lit up! Now you're making him an NHL back-up? This forum never ceases to amaze me sometimes!!!

:picard::picard:

"Sure, we can extrapolate that small sample size of one game over an 82 game season and it won't lose the effectiveness of the argument" said no one ever the OP.

So the guy makes a few saves in the warm-up and you figure you should create a new thread and not post in the existing Butler thread? Nice.

Btw, a poster in that thread mentioned he played in a rec hockey tourney last week with Butler and said he got lit up! Now you're making him an NHL back-up? This forum never ceases to amaze me sometimes!!!

:picard::picard:

Archived