The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All We are Saying...Is Give Booth a Chance

Angry Goose

As some one mentioned the window to buy him out is closed until next summer and the canucks may have to buy Lou out with there last buy out option.

Let's see what Tort's can do, Booth crashing the net with the puck and leaving a juicy rebound for Kassian or Kesler is what I see.

A new coach will change a lot of things, It's up to Tort's to make it work for Lou and the Canucks.

That my friend is the biggest load of BS I have ever read.

It favours the greedy, and it fails to recognise that players who prefer to hold onto the puck often lack the vision to see other players in a better position to score.

Honestly can anyone take a system seriously that purports to put Booth's abilities ahead of all the other forwards in the team. Jeez that alone shows it must be flawed........look at the guy's record. Point contribution and +/- is the only real indicator, anything els is statistical manipulation.

I guess all the people actually working in the NHL who utilize this information are idiots then and you know more than them?

What the hell are you doing on CDC ? You should be running a team man!

Yes. Give him a chance. He's proven he can score 20 goals and we are not going to find that on this market at his cost let alone at his buy-out salary + the other player (for good reasons management does not want to throw money away...

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Booth/Kesler/Burrows

It is not terribly unrealistic to think the above as top two lines would work. The real risk is at 3rd line and if:

Higgins/Gaunce/Hansen

can work?

Oh man, guys like you don't understand.... maybe you're just a jealous guy. He's a nowhere man because he's been crippled inside and out. You and others want to give him a ticket to ride. How do you sleep?

I agree with OP, give Booth a chance. He is starting over. A healthy and motivated Booth could come back and score 30+ goals. He'd be a working class hero. Wouldn't that be instant karma? Imagine.

Come on ... let's come together. All we need is love.

The only issue I have with Booth is the risk that GMMG took when he traded for him. Everyone knew about his history of concussions and injury and, lo and behold, he has been injured almost his entire time that he has been a Canuck. Some players ie. Salo, Kesler are just prone to injury. I would much rather have a player that is a little lesser skilled but who actually plays full seasons for us. These players are no good to us when they are injured all the time. Freak injuries, yes, but why always freak injuries to the same players?

if there was a stat for turnover/playmade or goal. booth would be exposed. if when you touch the puck, it is more likely to end up on the opposing teams sticks, your value is nil. I never understood the buzz about booth, without the hype he would be completely invisible.

Lol you think MG is eager to find out what Booth has to offer next season? I highly doubt that for a player who

has been incredibly inconsistent in so many areas. Two seasons and we still don't really know what we have in

Booth. Buying him out would be the safest move by Canucks management, but I'm not sure if Aquilini would

approve 2 buyouts (assuming we buyout Ballard).

I think the ultimate truth with Booth is that, like it or not, we need him to preform this year if we are going to be anything beyond average. With his injury he cannot be bought out, and even if he were, who would replace him?

Burrows and Daniel are the only 2 legitimate top-6 wingers we have. If Booth can (and he has the tools and precedent) elevate back into a 25-30 goal scorer we are only looking at one hole in the top-6 rather than 2.

Archived