The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[HNIC] Calgary offered all their 1st round picks for Colorado's number 1

DeNiro

Wow.

Calgary going all Dallas Cowboys on us.

That trade of Herschel Walker for 5 players and 8 draft picks by Jimmy Johnson , including the Vikings first-round selection for the following three years, made the Cowboys basically overnight.

For a team with as many holes as them, why would they be willing to give up 3 selections in a fairly deep draft for one player?

First the whole O'reilley debaucle, and now this?

Lets hope Feaster is the Flames GM for a long long time.

Not exactly the smartest move but I understand the need for a franchise player to build around.

I'm actually fairly surprised Colorado said no. But I guess it's fairly early and they clearly hold all the cards.

They'll probably acquire the moon.

Not exactly the smartest move but I understand the need for a franchise player to build around.

I'm actually fairly surprised Colorado said no. But I guess it's fairly early and they clearly hold all the cards.

They'll probably acquire the moon.

Monahan/Domi, Mantha/Gauthier, and Rychel/Klimchuk

or

Mackinnon?

Or better yet, move up one spot to 5th and draft Nichushkin or Barkov. Both are good enough to be top 3 players IMO.

Great teams are built around great number 1 centers, but they're also built around depth. And that would be alot of solid depth they'd pass up.

They'd be better off getting 3 good young players this season, and going for the full on tank job next season and get McDavid.

Archived