The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Sabres struggling to re-sign Hodgson, fielding offers for him

One thing that stands out for me was how CoHo was treated by his teammates on the ice and on the bench. I didn't see a lot of mutual back slapping that usually goes on. Look at the contrast towards Kassian. It does stand out.

I think the biggest thing that stuck out was actually an interview with Jannik Hansen, not sure if anyone remembers it. A bunch of the guys were throwing balls of tape at him and he was laughing it off and ignoring it. Hodgson was going to throw one and Hansen said something along the lines of "Cody, if you throw that I'll knock you out" in a manner that didn't sound like a friendly joke. He smiled and kinda laughed after, but that just seemed to be an attempt to make it seem like he was only kidding around.

There was clearly a disconnect between Hodgson and the rest of the Canucks players and management, whether people are willing to admit it or not is their own problem.

Ummm.... Kesler was injured, that's a fact. So you'd rather put a guy who isn't 100% into a prominent role instead of giving a rookie more experience? Had Ryan Kesler been given more time to rest up, he wouldn't be as crippled as he is now.

A rookie slumping a bit throughout the course of a season, wow! I guess he must be the only one. Oddly it coincide with him being demoted to the 4th line. Anyone with any common sense would know that's a completely stupid move by AV.

With underlying numbers, perhaps it's skewed due to him not being placed in those positions often, thus any deviation would would be noticeable. As with any new player, you let them learn from their mistakes. The Sedins weren't ready for PK duties, but you know what Marc Crawford did? He sent them out on a 5-3 PK that lasted for like the whole 2 minutes.

Just because you're on the wing, it doesn't mean you can't take faceoffs. When Malhotra came back and was placed on the 4th line with Lapierre, he still took a lot of the draws. Plus, Hodgson needs more experience to get better anyways. Henrik used to be like 40% during his first couple of seasons, he didn't become a very proficient faceoff centre overnight.

Overall, I'm not disappointed Cody got traded. Just what we got back in return. Traded a sure thing for a maybe. Plus MG and AV throwing the kid under the bus makes the organization look bad and potentially reflects poorly to free agents.

"You hit me Cody and i'll knock you out." - Jannik Hansen

The context was fun, but hindsight makes the undertones with that exchange perhaps not as fun. The other players laughing after that in the background. Friendly? Or mocking? Oh well, doesn't matter now.

The context was fun, but hindsight makes the undertones with that exchange perhaps not as fun. The other players laughing after that in the background. Friendly? Or mocking? Oh well, doesn't matter now.

Hi everyone.

I thought I would chime in .

I don't think many of us know how good Kassian really is. I think he scores 30 goals this year if he plays with the twins. I like the trade. Zack does not have the physical or speed limitations that Cody has. He also can do many other things that Cody cant do, like hit , fight and get position in front of the net .

I trade Cody's natural hockey sense and excellent shot for what Kass brings. I bet this trade is laid to rest by time Zack is 25 years old. We will have won this trade.

Love all the speculation and review of the goal celebrations and stuff in this thread. Maybe his teammates liked him, maybe they didn't. I don't like how he demanded more icetime but you really can't tell about what went on off the ice just by overanalyzing video footage of the goal celebrations. Some of you guys sound like insecure socially awkward chicks. "I think he's mad at me, he didn't text me first last night"

Archived