The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

On 11/26/2015, 3:42:40, Cowardrobertford said:

He's actually decent at defending in his time here. I have no doubt he'll stay with the nucks if not for the youngsters.

Well, if he wants to get another crack, the competition's heating up. Here's to hoping he answers. ;)

On 2015-11-26, 3:42:40, Cowardrobertford said:

He's actually decent at defending in his time here. I have no doubt he'll stay with the nucks if not for the youngsters.

Between him and Horvat last year, Willie had to start benching in the third because they were getting bottled up in their own end... and I don't think Horvat was the main culprit.

7 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Between him and Horvat last year, Willie had to start benching in the third because they were getting bottled up in their own end... and I don't think Horvat was the main culprit.

Yeah, I think Kenins were making those quick backpasses to free the puck along the boards to teammates..... works great when the entire team is in-sync.  Very bad play if the other team giving heavy pressure and when your own team expects you to dump the puck out. 

Probably just rookie mistakes and him learning that those creative moves doesn't fly in the NHL. 

I get the feeling that he'll probably be back up with the Canucks once Virtanen gets loaned to the World Juniors. 

Home / Comets News / Kenins to Vancouver; Pedan to Utica

Kenins to Vancouver; Pedan to Utica

15_1202 Kenins

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Ronalds Kenins from the AHL Utica Comets and reassigned defenceman Andrey Pedan to Utica.

Kenins, 24, has appeared in seven games for the Comets this season registering an assist (0-1-1) and eight penalty minutes. He split the 2014.15 season between Vancouver and Utica. Kenins appeared in 30 games with the Canucks in his first NHL season, registering 12 points (4-8-12) and eight penalty minutes. In 36 games with the Comets in 2014.15, Kenins recorded 12 points (5-7-12) and 23 penalty minutes. He also made his NHL post-season debut in 2014.15, registering two points (1-1-2) in five playoff games.

The 6’0″, 216-pound native of Riga, Latvia, was signed as a free agent by Vancouver on July 30, 2013.

Pedan, 22, made his NHL debut with the Canucks on December 1 versus Los Angeles and has appeared in 15 games with Utica this season, collecting seven points (1-6-7) and a team-high 28 penalty minutes. During the 2014.15 season, Pedan appeared in 42 games with the Comets registering 14 points (3-11-14) and 70 penalty minutes. Prior to being acquired by Vancouver on November 25, 2014, Pedan played six games with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers, recording three assists and 51 penalty minutes.

The 6’5″, 217-pound native of Moscow, Russia, was originally selected by the New York Islanders 63rd overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Well Jake is apparently out a Cpl weeks. Kenins should get a good run. It will be interesting to see where they play him.

If its with Bo, and Willie likes Ronalds, instead of Cracknell and Prust it might suggest he was in the big league teams plans all along???

Archived