The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ronalds Kenins | LW/RW

elvis15

Willie said Kenins had played really well and started to gain a lot of confidence which has caused him to maybe try a little too hard and that has led to a few mistakes. He did look like he took an injury though against Buffalo.

I'm sure his rest is only temporary, I think he carries more threat than MacMillan and although Mac is playing hard he's no Kenins.

We will need a guy like Kenins (and Mac) in the playoffs.

I think he was that guy until the last few games he played. You could tell the excitement of playing in the NHL was fading and he wasnt making as much of an impact as before.

That said I'd rather him in the lineup over Higgins, he's done nothing But seniority has to come into play at some point

Higgons is 4th on the team in points so.....

Higgons is 4th on the team in points so.....

Higgins offense has taken a major dip the second half of this season as well as Bonino. Most of those points were in the first couple of months. Yes, he's 4th on points, but we need him to pick up the pace a little.

Kenins however, he's a rookie whose special trait is his energy and hustle. Coming into the NHL and banging bodies night in night out like that, hustling like crazy, takes a toll. The kid had like 8 hits against boston and didn't slow down for a second. I think it would be wise to sit him, let him 'rest' to an extent, and soon he will be right back in. I don't want us running Kenins out of gas before the playoffs. That is where he can make a serious impact. And honestly, I was always concerned he would be able to keep up that level of intensity the whole way through. I want to See Kenins-Horvat-Hansen in the playoffs.

I am sure Kennins will be back in the line up at some point. Sitting him out takes some pressure off him so he can refocus. Swiss League- AHL - NHL in one year is a lot for anyone to adjust to. He looks like a long term keeper so I have faith that management are doing well by him. McMillan is a safe insert on the d-side of the puck. With the Canucks likely to make playoffs he is the type of player who might be needed later. Seeing him play NHL games will let WD understand what he has to offer.

Completely ridiculous that McMillan is playing over Kenins or any other Canuck forward.

0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, not a great body checker, ZERO IMPACT

Time to send this minor league plug to Utica where he belongs

This. I can see an argument for most other forwards being in the lineup but Kenins brings everything McMillan brings plus some offence. Hopefully Kenins gets back in soon. He'll be fresh and pumped

You guys do realize it's probably for maintenance since he tweaked his leg the other day with Buffalo. I'm hoping it's either a pulled hamstring or something similar and just needed couple of days off to work it out.

But honestly I can see a roster player being moved at the draft for a spot for Kenins if we're trying to get youth into our lineup.

Yeah I'm thinking his style of play has caught up with him a bit and he just needs a bit of time to heal and refocus.

We've had some healthy bodies coming back. That and McMillan allows us the luxury to let Kenins recharge his batteries for the playoffs. We're going to need him.

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM

2008-09 GCK Lions Swiss-B 36 2 5 7 18

2009-10 GCK Lions Swiss-B 4 1 3 4 4

2010-11 GCK Lions Swiss-B 11 1 2 3 8

2011-12 Zurich Swiss-A 47 6 12 18 48

2012-13 Zurich Swiss-A 45 3 14 17 12

2013-14 Zurich Swiss-A 39 8 17 25 40

2014-15 Utica Comets* AHL 36 5 7 12 23

014-15 Vancouver Canucks NHL 16 3 7 10 4

Kenins has never played more than 47 games in a season other than this one. There is bound to be breakdown and fatigue. This is a good move in keeping a young player fresh for the stretch and not running him to the ground. With the energy and reckless abandon he plays with (which is what everyone loves about his play) he is going to get gassed. Compare him to Horvat who plays a much more even kiel game, more about positioning and spurts of energy. Combine Rolands style of play and the fact that he got crushed a couple of times recently the rest is a good thing for the long run...but it just doesn't look good optically.

I see this as a good management of players by the coach and probably a way to keep everyone fresh for playoffs.

You guys do realize it's probably for maintenance since he tweaked his leg the other day with Buffalo. I'm hoping it's either a pulled hamstring or something similar and just needed couple of days off to work it out.

But honestly I can see a roster player being moved at the draft for a spot for Kenins if we're trying to get youth into our lineup.

This^^^^^. Kenins looks to have gotten banged up vs. the Sabres and in the games following that he didn't played as well as did prior to it. The kid's a rookie. He was going to hit a wall, which he did because of what looks to be a minor injury. And if you play the way he does, he's going to have a lot of aches and pains where some time off is going to help him and the team down the stretch.

Didn't think that having depth on the roster would have caused ruckus among some Canucks fans. Having the luxury to sit a guy like Kenins (and Kassian and Vey at times) is so much better than having to force a Andrew Ebbet, Darren Archibald, Zac Dalpe, Jeremy Welsh, Andrew Gordon, Kellan Lain, Jordan Schroeder, etc. into the line up.

Desjardins also said Kenins will get another chance. Didn't say when, but said the lineup doesn't necessarily stay the same b/c of win

I think he's a better option than McMillan right now but agree he probably was feeling the effects of playing the same aggressive style against NHL'ers. He'll be back, don't worry!

Higgins offense has taken a major dip the second half of this season as well as Bonino. Most of those points were in the first couple of months. Yes, he's 4th on points, but we need him to pick up the pace a little.

Kenins however, he's a rookie whose special trait is his energy and hustle. Coming into the NHL and banging bodies night in night out like that, hustling like crazy, takes a toll. The kid had like 8 hits against boston and didn't slow down for a second. I think it would be wise to sit him, let him 'rest' to an extent, and soon he will be right back in. I don't want us running Kenins out of gas before the playoffs. That is where he can make a serious impact. And honestly, I was always concerned he would be able to keep up that level of intensity the whole way through. I want to See Kenins-Horvat-Hansen in the playoffs.

I you're essentially hitting the nail on the head here, i dont mind kenins resting, he still gets to practice, and in the playoffs he will still be fresh...

Completely ridiculous that McMillan is playing over Kenins or any other Canuck forward.

0 goals, 0 assists, 0 points, not a great body checker, ZERO IMPACT

Time to send this minor league plug to Utica where he belongs

It would be completely ridiculous though if Kenins was played too much to the point of being banged up before the playoffs would it not?

Archived