The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sestito has untapped potential

Canuckler87

I think CDC are making a massive mistake judging our players' ability from observations of a whole team struggling to play an out-dated, ineffective system AV refused to change. How anyone has a strong opinion about Sestito when he barely played is beyond me

How does AV's system impact the fact that our enforcer uses his face as a punching bag? Is there a 'system' in place that AV said when the fist is coming at your face dont move your head, and when someone is punching you, don't hit them very hard back?

Because that's the only system that would explain why he sucks to bad at doing his job

Weise has untapped potential - we saw him score a couple of beauties before.

Volpatti has untapped potential - he's shown he's got a wicked wrist shot.

Sestito is an AHLer and shouldn't get more than 30 games next season. I'd pick Jensen or even Shinkaruk over him any day for our 4th line wing spots.

Weisse Richardson Archibald.

5 goals in 57 nhl games, so 8-10 goals isn't out of the question if he plays the whole season which he probably won't. Sestito can be effective, in fact when he was with Columbus he played a great game against Vancouver and I was hoping we found a way to get him.

He was employed in a defensive role under AV, he is more of an offensive player (screen the goalie bang in rebounds, forecheck hard).

:picard:

He's got the size and decent speed. He just needs to work on his shot. I think he will surprise quite a few people this season with his goals and points output. If he were to be placed in front of the net on the power play he could cause turbulence. Just get him to stand there & put in the rebounds, hopefully rough up the opposing netminder and get into his head.

Sestito was signed for a reason. Yes he does need to improve and I believe he will. He may even lose his fights but he's no fool. Who's going to go up against the other team's thug and still play useful 4th line minutes. Weise? For some reason I don't see Weise making the team this time around.

I'm glad Sestitio has been retained. That position is easy come easy go. Don't he doesn't know it. That said I think he'll be fine.

He's got the size and decent speed. He just needs to work on his shot. I think he will surprise quite a few people this season with his goals and points output. If he were to be placed in front of the net on the power play he could cause turbulence. Just get him to stand there & put in the rebounds, hopefully rough up the opposing netminder and get into his head.

You can say ANY player has untapped potential really: Sestito, Ferrairo, Santorelli, Weise, anyone....

You probably are right that he could do better, but so could any player. It's all about circumstance really. We'll find out this season if he gets better, if he stays the same, or loses his roster spot. :) Personally, I'm not really expecting anything, so if he does have untapped potential that gets unleashed, it'll be a pleasant surprise for me.

Well then act your age. Saying a rebuttable in the way of "your a joke" after one makes a criticism that already used that is pathetic and speaks to your intelligence

You saying that this thread is a joke after going on about how the worst player on the Canucks is the worst player on the Canucks... No one is saying he is not the worst player on the team they can't all be 1st liners.

This thread is not a Joke because someone actually see's more in a player and wants to discuss it.

He put up good numbers in junior and to say he has no skill that just goes to show your intelligence.

We all know he sucks as an NHL player but he can still improve and he does have some skills to be able to improve his over all game. Will he ever be more then a 4th liner doubtful but he can be a good 4th liner.

Why as soon as there is a mention of a player that someone doesn't like they have to jump into a thread that is trying to discuss the players potential and positive attributes and dump on said player it does not help the discussion in anyway .

That is why i said you are a joke typical CDC jump in thread Sh**t on player, start argument, make useless thread comment, and go to next player bashing thread. keep it up CDC wouldn't be the same with out you guys.

Well then act your age. Saying a rebuttable in the way of "your a joke" after one makes a criticism that already used that is pathetic and speaks to your intelligence

Your snotty remarks are going to garner poor reactions. Be less snarky and maybe people won't snap at you. I haven't once seen you post something that wasn't directly insulting to either a player or a CDC member since I started posted here.

Agree. If he has worked hard during summer and keeps on working he can absolutely improve to become a useful player. He has far better hands than most pure oldschool enforcers and I would take him over Orr, Janssen, Biz, MacGrattan, Boullton, Boll or Bordelau any day even if he may not be as good at fighting. (tough I have to admit I'd rather have volpatti back)

Funny how people here always have to be so rude and negative all the time. Imagine if these guys were flames fans? They would implode

Let me bring up a name from the Canucks past.

Greg Hawgood. His #4 is retired by the Kamloops Blazers. He scored, 119, 123, and 133 points in three years, as a defenseman!

Best season in the NHL 28 points.

You might think there's untapped potential in Sestito. I see a lousy 4th liner, mediocre AHL player.

Archived