The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Valeri Nichushkin vs Bo Horvat

KellyHrudey

• 7 months later...

Nichushkin got those points playing with one of the best duos in the NHL. Bo's got his points playing ~10 minutes a night on the fourth line in mainly a shutdown role.

he played 2nd/3r line lots if not most of the time.

i see nichushkin being an eric cole caliber/type player but with more perimeter play like mantha. 25G 20A. Career year around 30G

I predict the great Kush will be playing in the KHL within a few years. He's a me me me guy, who will demand a huge contract out of ELC, or hell threaten heading home. He's a talented one way player. I'll give him that. Bo is a talented two way player. Bo is by far the more valuable player to a winning team.

Nichushkin's a rare breed. Bump this thread five years down the road.

The only thing rare about any Russian is there accountability come playoff time, as in ... they rarely show up for the playoffs. Bo showed up last playoffs and was one of the Canucks best forwards. No chance Nichuskin is ever the best forward in any playoffs

Dustin Brown has also won two Stanley Cups.

Horvat is captain material. My guess is that your Russian isn't.

So, unless you're saying that leadership qualities aren't important....

I should have realized this would be the quality of your response. Have a nice day.

The only thing rare about any Russian is there accountability come playoff time, as in ... they rarely show up for the playoffs. Bo showed up last playoffs and was one of the Canucks best forwards. No chance Nichuskin is ever the best forward in any playoffs

What an idiotic post. There have been a ton of absolute amazing Russians showing all kinds of heart in the playoffs.

In fact one of the best playoff performances, if not THE best playoff performance I've seen in the last 10 years has been done by a Russian MALKIN.

Archived