The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Toronto Blue Jays Major League Baseball thread

The Stork

8 minutes ago, Xbox said:

We're a very slow team that can't do small things and teams without those elements rarely go far. I don't blame Gibbons one bit for this. He isn't the reason why our players are slow and making way more than they should. Not to mention how shallow our OF depth is.

I can't believe how wrong we were about Smoak though. This guy is simply the best 1B in the AL this year. What even is baseball.

I think he can change the mindset of his players at the plate tho. He really has to get these guys to start going with the higher percentage option and stop constantly swinging for the fences. He fails at this miserably. 

13 minutes ago, YummyCakeFace said:

I think he can change the mindset of his players at the plate tho. He really has to get these guys to start going with the higher percentage option and stop constantly swinging for the fences. He fails at this miserably. 

Some players definitely need a good talking to about their approach.

• Upvote 1

No question Jays were up against one of the top pitchers in Sale today and I wasn't expecting much tbh, but the demeaner of this team looks like it's falling apart which is a very bad sign. A change in the dugout needs to happen immediately and that is finding a new manager and changing this teams mindset to approaching games. It's stale and boring and it's not working and the Manager isn't doing anything to change, just keeps waiting for things to change and it's not going to happen.

3 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

No question Jays were up against one of the top pitchers in Sale today and I wasn't expecting much tbh, but the demeaner of this team looks like it's falling apart which is a very bad sign. A change in the dugout needs to happen immediately and that is finding a new manager and changing this teams mindset to approaching games. It's stale and boring and it's not working and the Manager isn't doing anything to change, just keeps waiting for things to change and it's not going to happen.

Agreed

21 minutes ago, b3. said:

Wait, we actually got a prospect for Grilli after his play this year?

I mean I love the guy, his complete dedication to the Jays, and what he brought to the team... But I'm happy to get anything at all for him at this point.

let the sell off begin

this team is so done .. beyond hope to make the playoffs now

and demonstrated the true quality of the team with repeated failures to break .500

let's restock the farm system

reload the payroll bank for the off season

a rebuild with a bit of a more youthful team

this team is soooo old now

they creak and are as attractive as dry bread