The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Amanda Todd bullying leads to arrest in Netherlands

J529

Thats not funny at all... Would it be funny if one was your sister? Future gf? All females should be respected and all minors should be protected. This mentality of 'well its her fault' is a sick view to carry around.

The funny part was that both girls and guys still send pictures to this day and not once have I heard of a guys picture circulating around the internet. Pretty clear girls are always the victim but they still don't use this story as a warning or example of what can occur because of a few dumb decisions.

CDC Internet Tough Guys at it again.

You people (you know who you are) would never, and I mean never say these things in public or to her parents. Never. You don't have the guts.

Even if you think it's her fault, show some damn respect.

Why you post good comments and have such despicable avatar and forum name I have no idea.

well if they found one guy, pretty sure they'll start to find more, so, yeah we're gonna keep hearing about it. did reading the title thread piss you off that much you had to post that? i'm just stating, not hating

Maybe he's just nervous that he's one of the next scumbags to get caught? :lol:

What a joke.

I have no respect for people who have no respect for themselves. And of course all the social media sheep treat her like an angel since she's somewhat attractive though they know NOTHING about her. This man was rightfully arrested but the girl is getting attention that a lot of other sad cases don't. This is a pathetic world we live in.

i couldnt care less about amanda todd, just as i couldnt care about that bonerack dog you wept over in the other thread, or the dead koreans floating around in the ocean this week. it is all fundamentally irrelevant information. i recognize how these things are "sad" in that they are negative experiences, but it wouldnt make much sense to let them get me down

but what i don't get about your post is that you seem to be implying that we should either ignore amanda todd's case, or give equal air time to other suicide victims, or something? if its a reflection of this "pathetic world" that Todd got so much attention, but others don't, what do you propose? a channel devoted to a twenty-four hour news cycle on teen suicide? do you think the news should spend MORE time discussing these things, or less? how do you determine which case deserves the most air time?

CDC Internet Tough Guys at it again.

You people (you know who you are) would never, and I mean never say these things in public or to her parents. Never. You don't have the guts.

Even if you think it's her fault, show some damn respect.

Good god, you say show some damn respect then I see your username and avatar. Talk about ironic and comes off as pretty hypocritical even though you aren't that rat, unless you are.

I hate bullying, but I hate suicide just as much. Both are just so incredibly selfish. Both hurt others in such an awful way, and shouldn't ever happen.

I'm not going to my thoughts on bullying as they are the same as most other people's, but I feel suicide is just stupid, no matter how much pain you're in, there's no reason to end your life as it hurts everyone who cares about you more than you're hurting when they put you in the ground.

What a joke.

I have no respect for people who have no respect for themselves. And of course all the social media sheep treat her like an angel since she's somewhat attractive though they know NOTHING about her. This man was rightfully arrested but the girl is getting attention that a lot of other sad cases don't. This is a pathetic world we live in.

get a life.

I understand the whole bullying aspect having being bullied myself when I was young, but it was for different reasons (colour of my skin,etc..). I just don't like it when people jump on the bandwagon of support because of social trends.

It's like the Kony 2012 thing. People that don't know anything about Kony or the issues of Africa suddenly jumped on the bandwagon after watching one video on Facebook/YouTube, and basically became activists over night... I remember getting so much flack from my friends for saying it was a stupid trend that would die down soon. My point is many people become sheep without really thinking of what they are supporting. These are the same people who often support anti-bullying or anti-violence and the next day bully or case harm to others. My approach to these kinds of issues is to be well informed even before they become popular on social media... That way you can prevent yourselves from becoming sheeps. I knew beforehand that Kony wouldn't be stopped because of one video just like bullying can't be stopped from commercials on tv.

It takes more than watching a video to cause change...

What a joke.

Dude...she's dead. Show some respect.

I agree. From my analysis he can be a very bipolar poster. Sometimes he says things that are insensitive and stupid and other times he says greats things. I guess the exams are getting to his head... On side note I dont necessarily disagree with his sheep comment.

What I've never liked about this case is how the media painted her out to be an innocent victim. Fact is, she made many mistakes that led to her bullying. She also didn't stay off social media once the bullying started.

Instead of using this case as a teaching tool about the dangers of social media, everyone seemed to miss the boat.

What I've never liked about this case is how the media painted her out to be an innocent victim. Fact is, she made many mistakes that led to her bullying. She also didn't stay off social media once the bullying started.

Instead of using this case as a teaching tool about the dangers of social media, everyone seemed to miss the boat.

I agree.. thats what I was trying to convey in my longwinded response lol People have no clue of what they are supporting because their conscience gets blinded by the tragedy.

You and others are making mistakes in this thread, but I won't pile on you when you are dead. Your mistakes are worse than any mistake she made... at least she wasn't hurting anyone.

She needed help, not ridicule.

Sadly it's too late for that but hopefully her story can work towards helping other kids in similar situations and keep creeps like that Netherlands a-hole in their troll-caves where they belong.

Well, she certainly do herself any favours after the first incident did she?

Get down from your high horses, you don't even know who this girl is and what she went through.

Who are you to judge someone? Are you any better than anyone else? Just because someone makes a mistake does not give you entitlement to look down on others. You don't know who she is or her story on what she had to live with day in a day out.

I went to school with this girl, I didn't know her or her story, but no one on any level, no matter what their mistake is, no one should be harassed to a point of suicide.

Your comments are purely ignorant and totally disrespectful.

Perhaps I was on the harsh side but I'm not pretending to be a nice person. What's that saying again? Fool me once...

i couldnt care less about amanda todd, just as i couldnt care about that bonerack dog you wept over in the other thread, or the dead koreans floating around in the ocean this week. it is all fundamentally irrelevant information. i recognize how these things are "sad" in that they are negative experiences, but it wouldnt make much sense to let them get me down

but what i don't get about your post is that you seem to be implying that we should either ignore amanda todd's case, or give equal air time to other suicide victims, or something? if its a reflection of this "pathetic world" that Todd got so much attention, but others don't, what do you propose? a channel devoted to a twenty-four hour news cycle on teen suicide? do you think the news should spend MORE time discussing these things, or less? how do you determine which case deserves the most air time?

I think glorifying someone who didn't learn from her mistake the first time is just as silly as sliding under the rug those who can't garner the attention she did because they aren't good looking or cowardly enough to take their own lives. That's all I'm trying to point out. I don't think there's any question that the main reason this girl's story blew up is because of her looks and ability to write a one sided opinionated story on cue cards.

get a life.

There's a really sick joke to be had here ... but I'll move on.

Well... I did kind of say why I'm not in my second sentence.

EDIT:

You and others are making mistakes in this thread, but I won't pile on you when you are dead. Your mistakes are worse than any mistake she made... at least she wasn't hurting anyone.

Are you saying if one of your family members took their own lives you wouldn't be hurt? Do you think this girl was thinking of the way her mother, or family or friends would be affected when she took her life? No... tomorrow no one is going to give two shits about yours or my posts in this thread but most people will remember Amanda Todd.

Archived