The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shawn Thornton happy to talk to Benning

KingAlex

292 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bruins-Thornton-gets-deal-Jets-Stuart-fi

20120110_markstuart_shawnthornton_446w.j
Remember when Trevor Linden was on Hockey Night In Canada? Remember when he singled out Thornton as a player the Canucks would like to build around?

Yesterday it was confirmed he wouldn't be back in a Bruins sweater.

Here our some interesting words that Thornton stated about the possibility of coming to Vancouver.

“I love Mr. Benning, him and his whole family,” Thornton told News1130 in Vancouver Tuesday. “If he gives me a shout, I will be more than happy to talk to him.”

With Linden's reference to Thornton, the words he said on News1130 and the fact that he will be available come July 1st. Would you like to see Thornton in a Canucks jersey?

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/shawn-thornton-open-to-joining-toronto-maple-leafs-vancouver-canucks/

Lots of mileage there. He also loses his favoured-Bruin status.

Not so enthusiastic about this. With concussion-lawsuits starting to roll, hopefully this league starts to emphasize skill & discipline.

League-min for a yr or two, but it ain't a hope from me on this one.

Feelings aside

he would be the exact thing we would want in the bottom six. However his age is the biggest factor. We talk about wanting to be bigger, faster and stronger in the bottom 6 with more younger players, adding Thornton would be a step backwards for us in that area.

Thornton is obviously going to have nothing but kind words to say knowing that his options are very limited and he will need to almost take whatever he gets. His age is the biggest red flag for me.. 2 years ago I would say lets do it but not now.

Archived