The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Demko + Rathbone + Hoglander + Sutter for Moritz Seider + 3rd

ok, I would agree this is an over payment, take out Hollander and I think that is fair.

Demko+Rathbone+Sutter for Moritz +5th

(sutter is sort of a cap dump here, but would be goodie DET because hey, he's foundational, especially for rebuilding teams)

Edmonton- amazingly, they have nothing I would want outside of mcdcvid, draisatle and RNH, that is truly amazing, organization, top to bottom, nothing outside those 3 players- broberg and Bouchard have major bust potential.

Heres is an interesting idea...

Demko + Gaudette+Rathbone for RNH (from burnaby BC!!!!)

future

miller Peterson Toff

Pearson RNH Boeser

Podkolzin Horvat Virtanen

Motte Beagle Macewan

wow!!!

• Wat 1

3 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

ok, I would agree this is an over payment, take out Hollander and I think that is fair.

(sutter is sort of a cap dump here, but would be goodie DET because hey, he's foundational, especially for rebuilding teams)

Edmonton- amazingly, they have nothing I would want outside of mcdcvid, draisatle and RNH, that is truly amazing, organization, top to bottom, nothing outside those 3 players- broberg and Bouchard have major bust potential.

future

miller Peterson Toff

Pearson RNH Boeser

Motte Beagle Macewan

wow!!!

2 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

demko for Rasmus Sandin? does that move the needle for us?

Demko+ OJ for Rasmus Sandin and 2nd in 2020?

The (bad) proposals section is that way <<<<

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

future

miller Peterson Toff

Pearson RNH Boeser

Motte Beagle Macewan

wow!!!

The bigger question is WHY they would even consider trading Seider. They just over reached to pick him because they think he is a top notch prospect.

They aren't trading him so this is all a moot point.

Secondly, the trade proposal for RNH is just gross for the Canucks. :picard:  Trade an up and coming goalie, a very good D prospect (where we are weakest) and a good young centre for a small centre making  too much money for our cap situation.  Brutally bad.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

• 1 month later...

A lot of talk is about Seattle potentially taking him so we trade/try to get value. 

however is that the Canucks take on it rather then a league take.

who are the Canucks likely  to expose and could one of those go to Seattle Instead, whereas we just seen nailed on its TD?

Edited by UKNuck96

If we are looking to trade Demko to a team like Detroit I would rather target Elmer Soderblom. Big guy(6'7'' 227 lbs), skates really well, has soft hands1.gif

Raw talent but good potential for a 6th round pick.

Highly doubtful we get their high end guys(Rasmussen/Seider/Veleno/etc)

Givani Smith is an intriguing prospect too. Very physical/nasty. Could pan out as a prototypical powerforward.

Albin Grewe is a player they have out of Sweden who isn't afraid to get under opposing players skins and has a bit of skill and will to back it up. 200 foot player. All the scouting reports I have found make him sound like Burrows.

If we can get a couple of their not so high-end(but still pretty decent) prospects for Demko it would make up for some of the picks lost.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

6 hours ago, Dats hockey said:

Watch a thing talking about us and Columbus and protecting goalies and how we both have hard choices.

why wouldn’t Vancouver just take the 9Players of any position path instead of the 7Forwards 3D 1G

Elvis Merzlikins is exempt.  They would have to choose between Korpisalo or Matiss Kivlenieks.

There is no option that allows to protect 2 goalies.  It's 1 goalie with either 7Fs + 3Ds or 8 skaters (F or D).  

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we are looking to trade Demko to a team like Detroit I would rather target Elmer Soderblom. Big guy(6'7'' 227 lbs), skates really well, has soft hands1.gif

Raw talent but good potential for a 6th round pick.

Highly doubtful we get their high end guys(Rasmussen/Seider/Veleno/etc)

Givani Smith is an intriguing prospect too. Very physical/nasty. Could pan out as a prototypical powerforward.

Albin Grewe is a player they have out of Sweden who isn't afraid to get under opposing players skins and has a bit of skill and will to back it up. 200 foot player. All the scouting reports I have found make him sound like Burrows.

If we can get a couple of their not so high-end(but still pretty decent) prospects for Demko it would make up for some of the picks lost.

Cost to dump Eriksson IMO. Eriksson + Demko to DET for a mid-late pick (maybe even pick swap) or similar.

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Cost to dump Eriksson IMO. Eriksson + Demko to DET for a mid-late pick (maybe even pick swap) or similar.

This could work. They will have a lot of money coming off the books heading into the next NHL season. I guess it depends if Yzerman wants a young tender to continue to develop with his team or go after a proven vet to settle the team down. There will be lots of UFA options this off season in net to potentially go after, as well as RFA via trade.

-Marky (hopefully resigns with us)

-Holtby

-Greiss

-Lehner

-Crawford

-Murray

-Tristan Jerry

-Demko

Of those listed above I think we have the best options for both present and future, so whatever way JB decides to go, I think we are in a good spot.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We would have to add more than Demko to dump Eriksson.

Cost of a dump is historically a (late) 1st +/-.

Demko is arguably worth more than a late first (young, club/cost controlled future starter).

And like I also said, it may also require a pick swap or something similar.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Cost of a dump is historically a (late) 1st +/-.

Demko is arguably worth more than a late first (young, club/cost controlled future starter).

And like I also said, it may also require a pick swap or something similar.

Given the cap and goalie situation the Canucks have, and the stagnant cap, teams are gonna recognize that and the price will increase to dump Loui more than it would prior so I doubt he'd be enough to suffice while dumping LE. DET doesn't have to trade for Demko either, there are a lot of options they have which include signing, trading or drafting that wouldn't require them to take 6M contract for 2 more seasons. They can get a lot more from taking a camp dump elsewhere too.

Hence why I suggesting trading him for 2-3 of their lesser but still pretty decent prospects. DET has a deep prospect pool, top 5 IMO.

That said I really wouldn't mind if LE was attached with him. Everyone would be on board with that, I just don't see it happening under these sort of circumstances without us adding a couple decent pieces(ie one of Rathbone/OJ/Lind/Woo and a early/mid round pick).

@aGENT

On a side note I think if Stutzle/Byfield don't fall to 4th DET should trade down(with their 2nd round 32th pick) to the Devils 7th Overall pick+ the Canucks pick(currently 20th) and draft Askarov then trade for Demko/Murray/Jarry.

Would solidify their goaltending future quite well. Holtz/Raymond might be too enticing though.

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Given the cap and goalie situation the Canucks have, and the stagnant cap, teams are gonna recognize that and the price will increase to dump Loui more than it would prior so I doubt he'd be enough to suffice while dumping LE. DET doesn't have to trade for Demko either, there are a lot of options they have which include signing, trading or drafting that wouldn't require them to take 6M contract for 2 more seasons. They can get a lot more from taking a camp dump elsewhere too.

Hence why I suggesting trading him for 2-3 of their lesser but still pretty decent prospects. DET has a deep prospect pool, top 5 IMO.

That said I really wouldn't mind if LE was attached with him. Everyone would be on board with that, I just don't see it happening under these sort of circumstances without us adding a couple decent pieces(ie one of Rathbone/OJ/Lind/Woo and a early/mid round pick).

Agree to disagree. DET could use a young, entering his prime goalie to continue building in front of and GM's these days seem more often to be making hockey trades that help their teams vs trying to get one over another team. Our 'goalie situation' doesn't really factor IMO. If it helps their team (and it does) and makes sense, with value there for them, then that's what they'll (potentially anyway) do.

Drafting a goalie now won't likely help them for 4+ years.

A UFA will be more expensive, not club/cost control like Demko and won't likely be a 5-10 year solution for them.

By all means, Virtanen or an actual (2021) 1st etc might be alternate solutions for dumping Eriksson as well (to DET or elsewhere), but Demko's just as viable of an option IMO and suits Detroit's needs well.

• Cheers 1