The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thatcher Demko | #35 | G

Drouin

Just now, morrissex95 said:

The whole Megna thing is management's fault.

We simply do not have enough young players in this organization to play instead of Megna. 

hopefully Megna isn't back next year. seems like we have more than enough that he becomes a depth guy. sign him for AHL. but not for an NHL roster. 

9 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

We simply do not have enough young players in this organization to play instead of Megna. 

Disagree. Willie could roll four lines, develop prospects.  Kind of like he did his first season here, when you know.. we actually made the playoffs

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

Injuries haven't helped either.  If Dorsett and Rodin had been healthy Megna and Chaput would have been down helping Utica.

On 2/26/2017 at 11:20 AM, J.R. said:

Sounds like the plan is for one more year of college for Gaudette. 

I've thought that myself until recently when Benning said they'd be signing a couple of their kids after their college seasons, which to me sounds like Boeser and Gaudette, Lockwood doesn't seem like he near ready for the pros.

21 minutes ago, morrissex95 said:

If we can acquire more depth Megna won't be here, maybe in Utica but not here. 

Megna does his best, but he's a thirteenth forward/AHL tweener type of journeyman pro. His best just isn't very good most nights I'm afraid.

23 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

I've thought that myself until recently when Benning said they'd be signing a couple of their kids after their college seasons, which to me sounds like Boeser and Gaudette, Lockwood doesn't seem like he near ready for the pros.

Boeser will be signed this off season. Lockwood def not. Gaudette prob not. 

Just now, DontMessMe said:

Boeser will be signed this off season. Lockwood def not. Gaudette prob not. 

But you did hear Benning say on trade deadline day that he planned to sign "a couple of our college players" or words to that affect right. I agreed with your assessment right up until then, now I'm not sure what to think.

6 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

But you did hear Benning say on trade deadline day that he planned to sign "a couple of our college players" or words to that affect right. I agreed with your assessment right up until then, now I'm not sure what to think.

Relisten, he did not specifically say college but rather kids in general.