The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mackenze Stewart | D/LW

Lui's Knob

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC 7m

7 minutes ago

On Mackenze Stewart, WHL D signed today by VAN, agent Mike Bernier says team will convert him to LW.

Makes a little more sense if they're converting him to sign him. Big Rugged winger...but still a strange signing. I would be happier if they signed Subban and Grenier. I really hope Benning and Stewart prove me wrong.

Makes a little more sense if they're converting him to sign him. Big Rugged winger...but still a strange signing. I would be happier if they signed Subban and Grenier. I really hope Benning and Stewart prove me wrong.

Grenier is already under contract.

Subban, I'd like to see him signed as well, if I had to guess, the hold up is likely how much he will make at AHL level or possibly signing bonus. I don't think he'll play in NHL until year 3 of his first contract, no matter who he signs with (Unless its the Edmonton "Let's rush our prospects" Oilers).

Grenier is already under contract.

Subban, I'd like to see him signed as well, if I had to guess, the hold up is likely how much he will make at AHL level or possibly signing bonus. I don't think he'll play in NHL until year 3 of his first contract, no matter who he signs with (Unless its the Edmonton "Let's rush our prospects" Oilers).

He is an RFA after this season.

Meaning he can be re-signed and probably will.

Relax Subban's deadline is June 1st and Utica is in playoffs still.

Not stressing one bit just thought it was odd to use up a contract space on someone far less valuable than other prospects such as Subban. I'm sure they'll get him signed just not sure what the hold up is, he's a prospect not an established nhler which is why I find this soo odd.

Not stressing one bit just thought it was odd to use up a contract space on someone far less valuable than other prospects such as Subban. I'm sure they'll get him signed just not sure what the hold up is, he's a prospect not an established nhler which is why I find this soo odd.

Maybe Subban doesn't want to be a Canuck and wants to go through the draft again? Benning maybe could be trying to convince him otherwise.

Just some speculation considering Subban has zero say on a ELC.

FYI he was almost a PPG when he played winger, sometime like 5 points in 7 games.

Pretty short sample.

Perhaps management sees Stewart as someone the organization can mold into an effective bottom 6 player.

A project basically.

Archived