The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Snet Pacific staff changes - Taylor & Cmac gone

Dan Murphy confirmed on twitter that Don Taylor and Craig MacEwen have both been let go by Rogers Sportsnet. Taylor was a staple on Sportsnet Canucks broadcasts and it will definitely be strange to not see him around the broadcasts. I'm a huge fan of Donny and am not to please with the decision but wish him and MacEwen the best in the future.

I've attached a picture of the tweet as I cant manage to post the twitter status directly.

EDIT: After listening to the audio posted my MJD, it sounds like its Taylor's decision to leave. Could be spin tho...

post-36646-0-99034300-1407298052_thumb.j

?????

Details are limited since Sportsnet nor MacEwen havn't said anything as far as I know. Only seen things on twitter and thought it was a rumour until Murph confirmed it. Hopefully we find out more soon.

PS: Does anybody know how to attached twitter statuses?

How completely ridiculous. Sportsnet wants to promote itself as a regionally focused network but clearly that is nothing but a load of BS. This is the new Toronto Sports Network folks, and people like Don Taylor who the morons in Toronto don't give two fracks about are shown the door. Garbage.

Get ready for your blood pressure to go through the roof this year folks. This is just the beginning.

That totally sucks, Don Taylor was one of the few Sportsnet guys who didn't annoy the hell out of me (he was also the greatest color commentator the EA SPORTS NHL series ever had). Who's going to remind Gary Valk about all of the things he drops? :(

Yeah was surprised to hear Don Taylor, dressed in his home denim pants and grey sports jacket with blue and white trim, announce that this Friday will be his last show on Sportsnet. He'll be taking a little 3 week vacay then returning to work full-time with BMac on the afternoon show.

Sounds like it was his decision simply due to him growing tired of the late night hours over the years and is looking forward to working a regular day shift now. He also mentioned that he has nothing but the highest respect for Rogers Sportsnet, and has no plans to do any more TV, but I'd be surprised if TSN doesn't try to lure him into doing something in the future.

I've been watching Donnie give me my late night sports news since his Sports Page days, so it's going to be really weird not seeing him anymore.

Here's the link to the podcast (starts at 11:10)

https://soundcloud.com/b-mac-and-taylor/bmac-taylor-august-5-hour2

Archived