The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I confess ~

I called my insurance company 3x within an hour.  I've been in "Let's get this done now" mode all day at work, dealing with urgent things. I took a break, and checked my personal email, and saw an email from my leasing manager advising that the address on my renters insurance declaration for the building was incorrect. They needed the P.O. Box address listed instead of the physical address.  The insurance was done in September for a November move in.  I emailed the insurance agents, waited 15 minutes with no response, and called.  I guess they were closed.

So maybe I'm crazy, especially at work, and when I answer personal emails during break at work.  Most people don't call 3x in an hour, but I really need it taken care of.  I spoke with the leasing manager, and he knows I contacted them.

My ten year grad celebration thing is coming up and I'm not sure whether I'll bother or not. I still have a number of em on FB from way back when but I dunno? I haven't really done or accomplished much since gradding, I went to school but it didn't pan out and I'm just kinda surviving as an adult. If people ask me about me I really don't know what I'd say.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

My ten year grad celebration thing is coming up and I'm not sure whether I'll bother or not. I still have a number of em on FB from way back when but I dunno? I haven't really done or accomplished much since gradding, I went to school but it didn't pan out and I'm just kinda surviving as an adult. If people ask me about me I really don't know what I'd say.

You won't be alone in that category, believe me.  It's always interesting to see which people have like 5 kids after 10 years.  Oddly enough my 20 year renunion is coming up.  Haven't heard if anything is going on at this point though.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You won't be alone in that category, believe me.  It's always interesting to see which people have like 5 kids after 10 years.  Oddly enough my 20 year renunion is coming up.  Haven't heard if anything is going on at this point though.

I'll probably end up going, I'm curious and I'd rather hear about other people than talk about myself anyway

Some of em I'll probably never see again

13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I didn't even get invited to mineB).  Then again I am not on facebook but I am listed in the phonebook.  The reality is I went thru high school as a ghost and aside from one friend that I am still in contact with, I doubt anyone remembers me. 

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, brilac said:

I confess ~

I called my insurance company 3x within an hour.  I've been in "Let's get this done now" mode all day at work, dealing with urgent things. I took a break, and checked my personal email, and saw an email from my leasing manager advising that the address on my renters insurance declaration for the building was incorrect. They needed the P.O. Box address listed instead of the physical address.  The insurance was done in September for a November move in.  I emailed the insurance agents, waited 15 minutes with no response, and called.  I guess they were closed.

So maybe I'm crazy, especially at work, and when I answer personal emails during break at work.  Most people don't call 3x in an hour, but I really need it taken care of.  I spoke with the leasing manager, and he knows I contacted them.

I was the same with strata, it's been 2 years since my ceiling got stained and still waiting for someone to fix it.  Strata already acknowledged that they have to fix it, so not sure what the delay is all about.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

@Coconuts We're twinsies, my 10 year anniversary from HS grad just passed this week! I haven't heard about any reunion (though I only stay I contact with like five folks, and we aren't close) so maybe I wasn't invited.

I would probably skip mine tbh. You should go just to show off your sweet flow though.

Edited by Cramarossa
7 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

@Coconuts We're are twinsies, my 10 year anniversary from HS grad just passed this week! I haven't heard about any reunion (though I only stay I contact with like five folks, and we aren't close) so maybe I wasn't invited.

I would probably skip mine tbh. You should go just to show off your sweet flow though.

I went to my 10 year 20 years ago and some people had been divorced twice already. Went to the 30 year last year and was surprised at how much fun it was!

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I didn't even get invited to mineB).  Then again I am not on facebook but I am listed in the phonebook.  The reality is I went thru high school as a ghost and aside from one friend that I am still in contact with, I doubt anyone remembers me. 

I was the same with strata, it's been 2 years since my ceiling got stained and still waiting for someone to fix it.  Strata already acknowledged that they have to fix it, so not sure what the delay is all about.

I went through high school and knew most people, I just bounced around a bunch of friend groups but didn't really stick in em? I dunno, I liked to know who people were and be on good terms with as many people as I could? I'm still kinda that way, I find life is much easier when you can get along with people

9 hours ago, Cramarossa said:

@Coconuts We're twinsies, my 10 year anniversary from HS grad just passed this week! I haven't heard about any reunion (though I only stay I contact with like five folks, and we aren't close) so maybe I wasn't invited.

Hello twinsie fren

A bunch of people are still fairly connected on FB, it's tough to keep up with people as you get older but at the same time it's comforting to have that familiarity even if it's ancient I guess? I dunno, I'm a curious person when it comes to people so I probs will

On 6/12/2018 at 1:11 PM, diesel_3 said:

I'm now trying to upgrade my highschool math as the math 11 I completed is not recognized by colleges.

I can't believe how hard and confusing math is. I am starting to get those overwhelmed, anxious, anger feelings when it comes to not understanding math...I just cannot make myself understand all this stuff. I have very basic algebra knowledge and now I am doing Foundations of Math 11 and trying to follow along these little video lessons but the guy keeps jumping steps as if i'm expected to know some of this stuff.

I am probably focusing TOO much on a very small part that might show up on the final exam...but STILL, the guy starts breaking down a lesson, then suppose:.......ok, sure, but then 'it can be written as...' wait, WHAT?! how the hell did you get all those letters numbers subtracting...adding...&^@#! I hate math so much.

math.jpg

Dividing both sides by (x + y - z) is the error as x + y - z = 0 and division by zero is undefined.

I confess... I'm a math geek...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hello twinsie fren

A bunch of people are still fairly connected on FB, it's tough to keep up with people as you get older but at the same time it's comforting to have that familiarity even if it's ancient I guess? I dunno, I'm a curious person when it comes to people so I probs will

I didn't really like anyone I went to high school with and was generally unpopular/living in my brother's (super popular athlete) shadow the whole time. If we weren't friends then I can't imagine giving them the time of day now. I didn't like seeing them for free...no way I'd pay to go back to see 'em all now :lol:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, brilac said:

I ate bad all week.  I could really go for a pizza right now.  Instead of ruining 6 days of bad food, let's do the whole. week.  Tomorrow is a new start, new week, new opportunity. 

Omg.

this past week six people I know have eaten pizza in front of me and I have resisted.

but I'm breaking down. Tonight could be the night for white flour cheese coma.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, riffraff said:

Omg.

this past week six people I know have eaten pizza in front of me and I have resisted.

i had pizza watching the season opener for the ticats/stamps opener. exciting foodfall, beer, buffalo wings and pizza, yes please!

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
21 hours ago, brilac said:

I ate bad all week.  I could really go for a pizza right now.  Instead of ruining 6 days of bad food, let's do the whole. week.  Tomorrow is a new start, new week, new opportunity. 

20 hours ago, riffraff said:

Omg.

oooh I have a good one

I like anchovies on pizza.

• Upvote 1

once, under the influence of something, i handed my own phone in at a lost & found

when i came back a few days later to recover it and explained my plight to the staff member present, the smirk on her face was delightful

Edited by 112
  • Cheers 1