The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

confessions

Rate this topic

I forgot my phone at work so I had no alarm clock.  I had to rely on an oven timer lol, thought about sleeping on the kitchen floor.  Luckily the internal clock kicked in with 4min to spare, kind of impressive really.  I was going to google wake up services as I still rock a land line.

• Upvote 1
On 6/26/2018 at 9:45 AM, Cramarossa said:

I recently started using an antidepressant and I'm feeling cautiously optimistic about it. Side effects are already dragging me though. 

Watch side effects when you come off. That is what hit me  :( 

Bad dizziness

• Like 1
On 6/26/2018 at 3:41 PM, Tre Mac said:

I forgot my phone at work so I had no alarm clock.  I had to rely on an oven timer lol, thought about sleeping on the kitchen floor.  Luckily the internal clock kicked in with 4min to spare, kind of impressive really.  I was going to google wake up services as I still rock a land line.

I am always amazed when that happens. 

• Upvote 1

I used to record with my phone and upload what I actually liked to soundcloud, I totally forgot about it. I moved on to smule a few years later but I've kinda fallen off with that too. I love to sing and music is a big thing for me but the older I become the more critical I become of my voice and singing? Eventually I'll learn to do it properly.

But anyways, here's something for funsies.

Edited by Coconuts

Think I might be turning lactose intolerant. 

Every time I eat something cheesy my farts are absolutely punishing. A violent assult on the airways of anyone around.

Basically I'm just warning you guys.

I should stop eating cheese because of the hell farts. They don't hurt me as much as they hurt those close to me and I'm not a hurtful man, I just love cheese. 

They're vicious farts though. Pungent

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I took a few different antidepressants as a teen, maybe 6-7 in total, and I found Zoloft to be the best for me. Others had too many side effects and Zoloft had the added benefit of curbing, or at least limiting, my anxiety

That'd what I'm hoping for! Doc also gave me Ativan in case the anxiety gets real bad. 

So far I've been feeling pretty upbeat. It's only been a week or so, so not sure I can really attribute that to the meds yet. It might just be the weather or me feeling hopeful about the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, luckylager said:

Think I might be turning lactose intolerant. 

Every time I eat something cheesy my farts are absolutely punishing. A violent assult on the airways of anyone around.

Basically I'm just warning you guys.

I should stop eating cheese because of the hell farts. They don't hurt me as much as they hurt those close to me and I'm not a hurtful man, I just love cheese. 

They're vicious farts though. Pungent

Been there....I think.

Ex made some awesome spinach lasagna. I was not fun to be around afterwards. Especially when I had it as leftovers.

But that is the only time I noticed an effect from lots of dairy in one sitting.

I eat Greek yogurt all the time. No effect

41 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Been there....I think.

Ex made some awesome spinach lasagna. I was not fun to be around afterwards. Especially when I had it as leftovers.

But that is the only time I noticed an effect from lots of dairy in one sitting.

I eat Greek yogurt all the time. No effect

Sadly it's everything cheesy... Every time.

Not sure about yogurt. I really don't enjoy the stuff.

I confess ~

I enjoy drinking champagne. I'm on my 4th glass, about a glass an hour.  I'm a slow drinker.  Tomorrow is July 1st, in 30 mins, and I made a list of all the healthy things I am going to do, and champagne is not one of them.  

• Cheers 2
On 6/30/2018 at 8:28 AM, Cramarossa said:

That'd what I'm hoping for! Doc also gave me Ativan in case the anxiety gets real bad. 

So far I've been feeling pretty upbeat. It's only been a week or so, so not sure I can really attribute that to the meds yet. It might just be the weather or me feeling hopeful about the whole thing. 

if you were to have anything other than ativan, go trazodone. ativan is basically xanax and i've had an addiction to those in my younger years

i've been on sertraline (zoloft) in the past and its done more harm to me than good but people react differently to medication than others. then you get those people who are like "in my day we didn't need" shut up.

Edited by Twilight Sparkle

I confess ~

I get a thrill when I look at my closet!  I love organization!  You should see the kitchen!

The jeans are arranged from light to dark, the dresses are grouped together.  Then on the other side, it's the nicer clothing, the the skirts, shirts, blouses, jackets, and coats, and everything is hung on wooden hangers.  For those blue hangers on the side... I don't know why I have them.

Screenshot_2018-07-10-18-17-49-2.png.eb00b2347bb3df9292f72c898e064d28.png

Edited by brilac

I'm sure people may remember my previous posts about potentially starting a side business, I have always been interested in being an entrepreneur but without any formal business schooling or knowledge it is more of a glamorous thought. I'm a bit of a reality show junkie (It's my guilty pleasure and I have my reasons) so I watch Dragons Den/Shark Tank, etc.

I have always been so jealous of people that actually take the plunge and do it (large or small scale!) I have a couple of smaller ideas with minor start up costs. Whenever I get close to starting to put actual pen to paper or keystrokes to emails? I talk myself out of it.

It could be my current situation in limbo waiting on school or my other potential 'career'....it is always just something on my mind, maybe once I get established, i'll start my side hustle!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1