The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nucks 4, Haterz 1

TheRussianRocket.

I think the absolute vast majority who hold this belief have never refereed anything much less hockey. Some may have, of course, but the vast majority have not.

Refereeing hockey is really quite hard. So many things to see, only two eyes in your head and usually less than a second to make a judgment call on whether it's a call or not. And you usually can't take it back if you boned it - even if you know it. The best you can do is try to learn from it and move on. "Let 'em play" doesn't work either, then you end up with the Boston playoff series.

It's not easy being a ref. Everything you do is wrong to one team.

This is a great post. Sometimes the refs are brutal and it is obvious they are leaning one way. But the vast majority of the time it is exactly like you say. Refereeing is damn hard at the best of times for the very reason you state. Everything they do helps one team and hurts the other.

That was a really good game. We took it to the Blues. I'm liking how Bonino, Edler, Sbisa, Higgins and our bottom 6 is playing along with the Sedins and Vrbata obviously. Bonino is coming around, he has great hands and he's working well on the 2nd line IMO. He's a creative guy who can kind of do it all, I see him doing very well with Higgins and Kassian once he gets the chance especially if they don't have to go against top competition or are relied on shutdown roles because Bonino was "sheltered" and got the 49 points because of it. Sbisa has the potential to be a good PMD, he's making smart plays, he played the 5th least minutes on our defensive core so he didn't get alot of responsibility compared to others but he is playing pretty well.

Archived