The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

Where's Wellwood

38 minutes ago, falcon45ca said:

I think that the easiest solution would be to use the Reality stone and make infinite resources a reality.

That breaks thermodynamics. I don't think reality stone is supposed to straight up create magic - its more about illusions, changing perceptions etc. at least, thats what is implied. Removing access to any metals and building blocks of tech would be less 'breaking the universal laws' kinda thing. Just my take. 

In any case, i am simply pointing out that the biggest hole in this whole ' overpopulated planet/overpopulated universe' angle isn't that you'd have to kill people or make resources magically infinite, all it'd take is destruction of information and living a far simpler life.

Just now, canuckistani said:

That breaks thermodynamics. I don't think reality stone is supposed to straight up create magic - its more about illusions, changing perceptions etc. at least, thats what is implied. Removing access to any metals and building blocks of tech would be less 'breaking the universal laws' kinda thing. Just my take. 

In any case, i am simply pointing out that the biggest hole in this whole ' overpopulated planet/overpopulated universe' angle isn't that you'd have to kill people or make resources magically infinite, all it'd take is destruction of information and living a far simpler life.

:lol:

Breaks thermodynamics...

As if the entire concept of superpowers didn't already break thermodynamics...

As if the concept of any one singular Infinity Stone, let alone all 6, didn't  shatter any and all rules of..."thermodynamics"

Oooooookay

Thanks for the effort!

Take some more classes on "thermodynamics", and explain how the Hulk generates out of the "anger" of a 180lb man...or how IronMan can generate flight speed and advanced weaponry without burning alive inside his suit, or how any and all superheroes are capable of any amount of power they demonstrate within the rules of thermodynamics...

Lemme guess...do you count the bullets fired from a six shooter and also say "Hey! That's more than 6 shots!"

When the detonator says there's only 10 seconds left, you count to 10 and say "Hey! That was more than 10 seconds!"

Riiiiiiiiight

Thermodynamics...

Thanks, I needed that laugh

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

And Phase 3 of the MCU is complete. SDCC should shed some light if not reveal the entire Phase 4 slate. Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, GotG 3, Shang Chi, The Eternals, and inevitably Spiderman 3 will all be coming

I thought that Black Widow died in End Game?

1 hour ago, dpn1 said:

I thought that Black Widow died in End Game?

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Comic book characters never truly die. They will explain her "death" by moving this movie to an alternate earth.

Prevailing theory is prequel but I wouldn't count out comic book shenanigans

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

And Phase 3 of the MCU is complete. SDCC should shed some light if not reveal the entire Phase 4 slate. Black Widow, Doctor Strange 2, Black Panther 2, GotG 3, Shang Chi, The Eternals, and inevitably Spiderman 3 will all be coming

Sweet jeebus....don’t let Fox have anything to do with the Fantastic Four franchise ever again.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With the Sony-Disney Spiderman sharing deal in peril. There's a lot of emotional reactions online and people blaming either Sony or Disney. To make this worse, initial reports from Deadline, Variety, io9, etc, had conflicting info and updates that were added later were edited in silently in some cases. As far as I've seen, this reddit post states mostly just the facts that I've read, clarifies where necessary, and explains when the available info is contradictory/in flux/unclear. 

The original deal was for Marvel to use Spider-man in 3 of their movies and Marvel would be the creative force behind 2 Sony published movies. Sony had no involvement in and made no profit from team up films that Spider-man was in. Sony financed the standalone Spider-man movies and Marvel Studios received 5% of the First Dollar Gross. This means 5% of the opening weekend box office, not the entire box office. THIS DEAL DID NOT INCLUDE ANY MERCHANDISING. Disney bought the merchandising rights for Spider-man in 2011 in a separate deal.

Sony only owns the rights to Spider-man films, not tv shows (Edit: Sony owns the rights to live action Spider-man tv shows but not animated tv shows) or games or any other form of Spider-man media.

The original deal ended so Disney and Sony were renegotiating. NOBODY BROKE ANY DEALS.

The original report came from a journalist well known from the Sony email leaks a few years back for being given information from Sony to report on. This fits with a common strategy Sony uses to apply public pressure during negotiations.

Current reporting says in the negotiations Sony wanted to continue the current deal while Disney wanted a larger cut so it would be worth their time and offered a 50/50 split with the all costs and all profit (Edit for clarification: Disney wanted to pay for half of all costs as well as split the profits). There are reports saying that Disney was looking for Sony to negotiate down to around 30% but this is fresh news and not confirmed. Original reports say that Sony would only stick the the original deal while newer reports say that Sony made multiple counter offers. As of right now it is unclear which is true.

• 2 years later...

Charlie Cox stays on as Dare Devil, if the character is used:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/entertainment/movies/other/marvel-head-kevin-feige-confirms-charlie-cox-will-remain-daredevil-in-the-mcu/ar-AARwAgj?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531

Perhaps we have not seen the last of Daredevil.

Speaking with Cinemablend, Marvel head Kevin Feige confirmed, "If you were to see Daredevil in upcoming things, Charlie Cox, yes, would be the actor playing Daredevil. Where we see that, how we see that, when we see that, remains to be seen.”

Cox played the character in Marvel's "Daredevil" TV series on Netflix for three seasons, along with the spinoff team-up series "The Defenders".

Whether or not Daredevil returns to the Marvel Cinematic Universe is still up in the air, though rumours of a possible new project involving the character have been floated for months.

Before Cox took on the role, Daredevil was played by Ben Affleck on the big screen in 2003.

31 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

New spiderman interviews are going on now with the various actors.  Apparently there WILL be surprise appearances!!!

If this is in regards to the newest movie, then I'm guessing Tobey McGuire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland all appear as Spidermen from different universes.

figure if they can bring in bad guys from other worlds, they can do the same with a few good guys.

28 minutes ago, gurn said:

If this is in regards to the newest movie, then I'm guessing Tobey McGuire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland all appear as Spidermen from different universes.

figure if they can bring in bad guys from other worlds, they can do the same with a few good guys.

We know the spideys which will be involved.  But am curious if we know all the villains.  It's the Sinister Six not 3 so...I'm excited

Rumours of wolverine/Deadpool/venom all potentially being involved and that's exciting

Someone even mocked up a Keanu Reeves Ghost rider for it which would be pretty awesome

• Upvote 1