The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] k-conn on waivers

avelanch

Yeah if we claim K-Conn from Dallas's waiver and try to send him down at some point during the season via waivers, I think Dallas can re-claim and send him to their AHL team without having to keep him in the NHL.

I think its just you can't claim and trade without offering the player to the other claimers.

Makes sense

I think its just you can't claim and trade without offering the player to the other claimers.

It's pretty straight forward isn't it? He has to CLEAR waivers before anyone can send him to the minors.

If we claimed him he would come to our NHL roster. If we want him on our AHL team, we have to put him through the waiver process again. All teams can make a claim any time he is on waivers; including the original. See Zach Boychuck a year or so ago.

There might be something about the original team having dibs if he is up on waivers again. But who cares. The point is we cannot claim him to place him in Utica.

And we certainly do not need him here. Which lefty D man are we going to drop; Stanton? Sbisa?

Dead issue from where I sit...

If we pluck him from waivers I believe he has to be on the roster for the rest of the season, someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct to a degree. You can't just pick them up and store them in the minors. He would need to be on our roster

No it was phillippe desrosiers who constantly in qmjhl

Has average gaa of 2.75 in his career and.. 900 save percentage

Qmjhl is very offensive league but that isn't desirable to me. Besides jack campbell and letholen seem like a solid tendem for a few years.

Basically a dud trade for both sides

Cdc freaking out over trading him for Derek Roy. Shows how badly some people overrate our prospects.

No kidding. Connauton was a marginal prospect at the time of the trade, and has done nothing since at the NHL level to show that he's taken a step forward. Getting rid of a quality #6/7 guy in Weber to make room for Connauton, as mentioned earlier in the thread, is absolutely ridiculous.

Archived