The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Deal Between Edmonton and Columbus Going Down?

Pears

The Canucks should make a deal with them. The window of opportunity to fleece them is closing. We don't know when they'll clean house. Rip them off now, before it's too late.

OK... how about Bonino for Nugent-Hopkins straight up? We give up a bonafide top center for an inconsistent center that is also physically lacking but has some good potential.

What the hell seriously.. Is the end of November the new trade deadline? So many deals, extensions and rumours so early in the season - feels like a lot of teams want to tweak their team up a little or add depth.

Anisimov's a top center? :picard:

Well he's not but they were never going to get one by dangling Perron.

It'll cost Eberle to get a top center. Maybe a Yakupov++ package if a team is high on his potential.

OK... how about Bonino for Nugent-Hopkins straight up? We give up a bonafide top center for an inconsistent center that is also physically lacking but has some good potential.

The Oil cannot afford to lose RNH. He's their only legit NHL center.

Any deal they do does not involve him unless they get two NHL centers back or something crazy like that.

Anisimov>Perron. I'd gladly do this as Edmonton, as Anisimov can kick Arcobello out of the 2nd line spot. Columbus could use a winger to replace Horton, and Perron could modestly do that...if he doesn't continue his awful season.

I agree.

It's a deal that actually makes sense for both sides.

Anisimov can be a dependable 2nd line centre for that team and Perron helps the Jackets wing position. Maybe having a Russian that can play defensive hockey can help Yakupov. It's worth a gamble.

What the hell seriously.. Is the end of November the new trade deadline? So many deals, extensions and rumours so early in the season - feels like a lot of teams want to tweak their team up a little or add depth.

Yeah because a lot more teams are absolutely bombing compared to in previous recent years. The Oilers, CBJ and Buffalo are all jokes which they haven't always been (at least to this degree)

Yeah because a lot more teams are absolutely bombing compared to in previous recent years. The Oilers, CBJ and Buffalo are all jokes which they haven't always been (at least to this degree)

I also feel like McDavid has a little to do with it, or at least he will in the upcoming months as some teams begin to lose hope of their playoff dreams.

Yeah I think teams folding their season early for a big draft, and maybe the cap not going up as much, could make for a more active mid-season trade market.

This one does sound fairly realistic imo. Won't make much difference for EDM though.

Question is, should they do another rebuild and get draft picks and veterans or try to dig themselves out of this hole.

I wonder how they're going to get a top center. Not like it's the one thing that will turn it around tho.

Can see this happening and it helps both teams (left wing depth for the Jackets and an improved center group in Edmonton). It might not look very appealing and it is funny that Edmonton wanted a top center for Perron and this is what they're getting, but David is what he is, and that won't get a top center. It also beats swallowing Mike Richards' contract if the Kings would move him, or getting Patrik Berglund, who's also struggling with the Blues.

Maybe the Oil would be patient enough to wait until Dubinsky comes back though? He'd be a legitimate force as the #2 center and if I'm MacT I'd be willing to add to get him.

Columbus is a competitive team and has been the past couple seasons. They've legitimately have been bitten by the injury bug as only three of their opening night roster players have dressed in all of the games they've played so far. (from what I read from an article anyways). Lots of players have been in and out of the lineup, and marquee players too, and with Horton gone for pretty much the rest of his career (hopefully not), that team is in shambles and I feel bad that they're in this hole. Without the injuries, they'd be in much better position.

Archived