The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Number 1: Eichel or McDavid [Poll]

Piggy Bank

Edge goes to?  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We will be comparing many factors that contribute up a hockey players talent.

Of the factors which cannot be determined by a poll:

Size:

Eichel > McDavid

Stats:

Eichel:

25 Games: 15 Goals - 28 Assists (43) +28 with 18 PIM

McDavid:

31 Games: 26 Goals - 52 Assists (78) +36 with 41 PIM

Age group of league:

Eichel in NCAA: 18 - 22

McDavid in OHL: 16 - 21

McDavid's dominating the raw skill category but when I watched the WJC I couldn't help but notice how effortless Eichel made the nifty dangles and little stutter steps to escape or create depending on the situation. In contrast, McDavid looked a lot like a Crosby-lite where he doesn't dazzle you with moves but he has overall talent and has worked hard to make each of his skills elite.

Obviously a really small sample size and might not be reflective of anything, just kind of what I saw.

I won't vote for the simple reason that both are franchise players. It all depends on your specific need if you need a top center or d. Personally if it was the canucks go for mcdavid. if any other team i would go with Eichel for d.

Hate to break it to ya, but Eichel doesn't play D.

It's always TSN blowing things outta proportion. McDavid is miles AHEAD from Eichel. McDavid from the get go was ranked 1st overall.

TSN jacked up Lawson Crouse because of his WJC performance. He's what, ranked 4th overall or something? In front of Marner, Zacha, Barzal, Kylington, Provorov etc...

Archived