The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Hate to lose Hansen. But losing Granlund (depending on his development curve this season) might be equiually as bad, and I'd hate to lose Gaunce (he would make an excellent bottom six player). So who do you expose? 

As of October 19th, I'd expose Gaunce.  If Gaunce and Granlund have really good years I guess I hold my nose and expose Hansen and hope for the best.  But, we'll see how the year goes.

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Hate to lose Hansen. But losing Granlund (depending on his development curve this season) might be equiually as bad, and I'd hate to lose Gaunce (he would make an excellent bottom six player). So who do you expose? 

For now I would expose Granlund:

1) He flies under the radar.

2) He is hard to categorize. He is not top 6, not shut down, not truculent. 

3) Boeser is coming. He is a bit more like a Granlund than a Guance.

But if Granlund produces like a top 6 this season, then everything changes.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, S'all Good Man said:

You mean that he's got 7 pts in his 1st 3 games this season, and is a +5?  The guys on track for a 90-100 pt college season! 

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=172649

While I doubt he continues on at quite that blistering pace...anyone have any idea what sophomore records are for NCHC? Tried googling and couldn't get anything.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

As of October 19th, I'd expose Gaunce.  If Gaunce and Granlund have really good years I guess I hold my nose and expose Hansen and hope for the best.  But, we'll see how the year goes.

I still think we heavily explore packaging one of Granlund, Baer or Rodin with say Tanev and our 1st this year for a young, somewhat buried future 1C. Realistically there isn't room for all 3 in the lineup especially with Boesser coming next year, the addition of Eriksson and Virt looming. 

As much as it pains me to say it, I think we expose Hansen.

5 minutes ago, J.R. said:

While I doubt he continues on at quite that blistering pace...anyone have any idea what sophomore records are for NCHC? Tried googling and couldn't get anything.

I still think we heavily explore packaging one of Granlund, Baer or Rodin with say Tanev and our 1st this year for a young, somewhat buried future 1C. Realistically there isn't room for all 3 in the lineup especially with Boesser coming next year, the addition of Eriksson and Virt looming. 

I agree that if the Van d-core continues to impress that some kind of deal will happen. I cannot see Hanson being left exposed. Granlund is a nice story but he will have to have a great season to usurp Hansen.  

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I agree that if the Van d-core continues to impress that some kind of deal will happen. I cannot see Hanson being left exposed. Granlund is a nice story but he will have to have a great season to usurp Hansen.  

It's not about usurping Hansen. Hansen is 30, going on 31 next year. I LOVES me some Honeybadger but he's not the future of the club.

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Tyler Johnson maybe?

2 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

The answer is to package multiple players for a better single forward and leave sbisa or Miller as our obvious best player exposed.

hansen + Granlund + tryamkin for Shea Theadore and rackell

Miller can't be exposed he's not under contract.  

I'd rather leave Biega exposed..Sbisa is having a great year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, J.R. said:

Hey why not - there are actually a lot of single season 100+ point guys (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaarec_indoffseas.htm)

Yah I think unfortunately Hansen will be the guy left out in the cold. Vegas would certainly grab up Hansen, so I think he's probably destined for a trade at the TDL unless we're really in contention. And you never know, JB might surprise people and not protect who we think he will. But losing Hansen for nothing would suck. 

6 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

The answer is to package multiple players for a better single forward and leave sbisa or Miller as our obvious best player exposed.

Miller won't be under contract for 2017/18 so he doesn't count as exposed, that's why they extended Backman for 1 more year so they could protect Markstrom and leave Backman as the exposed goalie. 

We can only protect 3D, so Sbisa, Biega, Larsen, and a couple of guys in Utica are all exposed. Hutton isn't eligible thank god. 

Edited by S'all Good Man

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Hey why not - there are actually a lot of single season 100+ point guys (http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/6History/ncaarec_indoffseas.htm)

Yah I think unfortunately Hansen will be the guy left out in the cold. Vegas would certainly grab up Hansen, so I think he's probably destined for a trade at the TDL unless we're really in contention. And you never know, JB might surprise people and not protect who we think he will. But losing Hansen for nothing would suck. 

Not saying it can't happen, just not counting on it ;) I think he'll likely end up comfortably in the 80-90 range and if he ends up 95+, well :towel:

16 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Sbisa is 3 games into a season where he is playing as a above average no 5 d man 

leaving him exposed decreases the chances that more valuable players like Granlund or Hansen will be taken. Sbisa has a big contract for a no 5 d man especially when over the next 2 years we will have to integrate tryamkin, stretcher, juolevi and maybe  subban

You ou have to draft well.

if we took Jenner over Jensen and Shea Theadore over shinkaruk this team looks like a contender 

50 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

It's not really an either or situation. Both will be exposed.

Unless the Canucks make a trade, the 3 they will be protecting are Edler, Tanev, and Gudbranson.

Back to Boesser, it's great to see he's off to an good start! While I'm not going to make predictions as high as 85+ points, I think he should be able to at least match what he did last year which is great considering the players who left.

18 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

It's not really an either or situation. Both will be exposed.

Unless the Canucks make a trade, the 3 they will be protecting are Edler, Tanev, and Gudbranson.

Back to Boesser, it's great to see he's off to an good start! While I'm not going to make predictions as high as 85+ points, I think he should be able to at least match what he did last year which is great considering the players who left.

2 hours ago, J.R. said:

I still think we heavily explore packaging one of Granlund, Baer or Rodin with say Tanev and our 1st this year for a young, somewhat buried future 1C. 

5 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

No other team would do that with us fully knowing the expansion draft is coming.

They are all in the same boat as we are.

Boeser is a whole different kettle of fish...a goal scorer with a quick release, a playmaker with vision and a back checker who know where to be....in all of those roles he is deceptively calm and smooth ....in that it can look slow but the end result is he has beat his man or scored his goal or taken the puck away from his man.

Somewhere between Sakic and Bossy...calm,classy, production with solid positioning on D.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Boeser is a whole different kettle of fish...a goal scorer with a quick release, a playmaker with vision and a back checker who know where to be....in all of those roles he is deceptively calm and smooth ....in that it can look slow but the end result is he has beat his man or scored his goal or taken the puck away from his man.

Somewhere between Sakic and Bossy...calm,classy, production with solid positioning on D.

Reading this glowing report about our next superstar makes me want to smoke a cigarette.  B)