The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 7/15/2019 at 11:06 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Brock ain't no prospect, sucka.

Hes not a vet either. My point is hes not a 10 mill per year player long term deal yet but not far from it. Most likely he will reach that level but hes not there yet and thats why i called him a prospect, as in prospect to become a player of that level and value. 

5 minutes ago, Mrwipeout said:

Hes not a vet either. My point is hes not a 10 mill per year player long term deal yet but not far from it. Most likely he will reach that level but hes not there yet and thats why i called him a prospect, as in prospect to become a player of that level and value. 

I see what you're saying but you're misusing the word. Of course you can feel free to do that and justify your case, which you did, but Boeser has proven himself beyond a prospect. He's a talented young NHL player with two seasons of 20+ goals. That is not a prospect.

Edited by Dazzle

On 7/15/2019 at 12:42 AM, DollarAndADream said:

I don't know why anyone is worrying. We have another 2 months. Horvat took awhile to sign too.

Sometimes deals take longer to make, especially when both parties know there is no real rush and the player wants to stay.

"59 days until training camp, and Brock Boeser STILL isn't signed" - Rick Dhaliwal

Fortunately those "wingmen" he always complains about put him in his place.

On 4/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

AJ:

Fair enough about comparing to Tampa might not be the best idea. Just showing the huge difference between what an elite team scores like and where we are...which is miles away.

How about we compare to the worst team (by points) that actually made the playoffs this year:

Vancouver                 Colorado

Petey       66              MacK          99

Horvat      61              Rantanen    87

Boeser     56              Landeskog   75

Edler        34              Barrie           59

Roussel    31             Soderberg     49

Kerfoot         42

Compher       32

So to even be as good as the worst team to even make the playoffs this year we would need the following:

1. a 33% increase by petey - possible??

2. a 32% increase by Bo - probably not...he will probably get better but not by that much.

3. a 20 something % increase by Boeser -  maybe.

4. not sure who will get 59....maybe pearson if he had his best year ever by quite a bit....a UFA if JB can land a big fish

5. then you still need at least 3 players that can get into the 40s.

It doesn't look like it will be easier to score as much as even the worst team in the playoffs this year.

I don't think it is impossible if JB has a really good summer but we shall see.

Having said this, I am still excited about where the team is headed.  I am just not silly enough to say we have 8 40-50 point players lmao.

vancouver.PNG

colorado.PNG

Misleading stat, Colorado had the 10th best ranked offence in the NHL last year

9 hours ago, logic said:

Misleading stat, Colorado had the 10th best ranked offence in the NHL last year

Totally agree. U can have a solid D and still be a top team without having the highest points per player. Whats needed is consistency throughout the season, a hot goalie and that the team comes together to elevate each lines capabilities. The team still needs to develop its younger talents and some that are still on the roster needs to elevate their level of play. Theres no telling how new players will adapt to the team but we got some more power up front with miller and Ferland which was lacking last year. Can only hope they fnd chemistry and that the 2 top lines get a consisten production throughout the entire season. Last 3 months was really bad and thats got to change for next year. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Never heard of this piñata guy.  Should we beat him with a stick?   

doesn’t he play short stop for the yankee’s? all i know is, he is outstanding in his field. better call him in, it is starting to rain. 

• Haha 2

Just now, smithers joe said:

it is almost like reading all the opinions on cdc. each one, more accurate then the one before it. 

Look to mine to be AT LEAST 6% accurate.  On the third Wednesday during a full moon.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1