The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coffee

LeanBeef

I think I stated the same thing in the other coffee thread in the past, but any while on the road any coffee is coffee to me. I prefer McDonalds coffee more, but I'll take whatever is nearby, or wherever others want to go.

Though getting a Tassimo brewer has totally changed how much coffee I have now. Nearly daily. I think in that thread I mentioned that I thought the taste of a coffee from a Keuring brewer was odd, but it might have been the coffee itself. I've had no such problems since getting a Tassimo one. Here again I prefer getting the McDonalds coffee loaders, but not at 40% extra than the price of Preident's Choice Gourmet medium blend. I just load up on the McDonalds ones when they are on sale, but it's otherwise too much of a difference.

Two cream, two sugars with every cup regardless of what brand.

Those machines are like environmental genocide. You're a bad person and you should feel horrible.

Tastes bitter to me. I'll try it once a year and re-realize why I don't drink it. Maybe someday when my taste buds die off and all the tasty things in life turn bland I'll be forced to turn to the dark side of life.

Until then, I'll enjoy my Iced Capps's.

Or perhaps you haven't had good coffee?

FWIW the Aeropress brewer I posted earlier is designed to extract maximum flavour and minimum bitterness from the coffee beans. Perhaps try a place that offers Aeropressed coffee (I think Cafe Artigiano used to) and give it a try in latte form.

I drink Tims or McDs at home..I find McDs has pretty good coffee...always hot and fresh and tastes pretty good for generic..I like it with half and half as well ...with small sugar..trying to cut back..no frothy coffee drinks for me....My friend lives in Hawaii and has a small coffee plantation on the big Island..he is going to be here at the end of July and he is bringing me a couple of bags of his Kona..its not cheap..35 buck a pound..time for a treat...

KONA_zpsety9sw72.jpg

Kona is really good coffee, my parents got some when they went to hawaii in the winter.

I like tims and mcds on the road though mcds ice coffee is far better.

at home some med. roast that's not maxwell house or folgers.

coffee with ginger and sugar is the best in the world.

I recently got rid of my espresso machine and nespresso in favour of an Aeropress. I love it.

Doi Chaang or Kicking Horse. I'll have to try Kona sometime though; can you get that locally?

If I need cheap crap coffee I'll go to McDonalds rather than Tim Hortons. My last cup of Timmy's returned to the toilet, where it was presumably extracted from.

I recently got rid of my espresso machine and nespresso in favour of an Aeropress. I love it.

Doi Chaang or Kicking Horse. I'll have to try Kona sometime though; can you get that locally?

If I need cheap crap coffee I'll go to McDonalds rather than Tim Hortons. My last cup of Timmy's returned to the toilet, where it was presumably extracted from.

Kona coffee is coffee that is grown in the Kona region of Hawaii's Big Island. It's not cheap. Even in Hawaii a typical package of ground Kona goes for around $15...but that is for 100% Kona. The often sell blends around 10% Kona for much cheaper. I personally really like it too but it's not as easy to find outside of Hawaii without paying a premium on top of the high cost.

+3 for not caring about destroying the environment...yay :towel:

We all increase and effect our carbon footprints in different ways. I don't need to turn my nose up at every person who ever drove a car to work, bought a bottle of water at the corner store, went out for lunch instead of bringing a home packed meal, or has failed to replace the older light fixtures in their homes. The convenience of a single serve coffee just works for me. I agree that there needs to be a degree of conciousness to all decisions like that, but this is one I'm comfortable with. CDC usually enjoys blunt honesty like that.

We all increase and effect our carbon footprints in different ways. I don't need to turn my nose up at every person who ever drove a car to work, bought a bottle of water at the corner store, went out for lunch instead of bringing a home packed meal, or has failed to replace the older light fixtures in their homes. The convenience of a single serve coffee just works for me. I agree that there needs to be a degree of conciousness to all decisions like that, but this is one I'm comfortable with. CDC usually enjoys blunt honesty like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRGiGbX9lIo

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/k-cup-creator-john-sylvan-regrets-inventing-keurig-coffee-pod-system-1.2982660

K-Cup creator John Sylvan regrets inventing Keurig coffee pod system

The man who invented the K-Cup coffee pod almost 20 years ago says he regrets doing so, and he can't understand the popularity of the products that critics decry as an environmental catastrophe...

You can get it locally at Starbucks sometimes by the cup or through order...I cant find my friends website or I would post it..when he gets to town I will ask him...but in the meantime..the prices seem really good on this site..you might want to check them out...

http://www.hawaiianisles.com/100-Pure-Kona-Coffee_c_7.html?gclid=CIqkr7ur48YCFcRlfgodN6YPew

Kicking horse and Ethical bean are both really good. They had them at bcit when I went there.

In regards to Timmy's I find that making it at home (black) tastes much better than the ones at the shop... Alot of people seem to like buying double doubles though

Tastes bitter to me. I'll try it once a year and re-realize why I don't drink it. Maybe someday when my taste buds die off and all the tasty things in life turn bland I'll be forced to turn to the dark side of life.

Until then, I'll enjoy my Iced Capps's.

The first time I had coffee I ended up dumping nutmeg, cinammon, milk, cream, whatever the hell was on the counter. Disgusting, stayed away from coffee for a while.

Never really liked coffee until about last year when I was forced to go to class with black coffee as I would have been late if I put cream and sugar.

Never looked back since. Only have it black or with sugar free hazelnut sometimes.

I have my caramel macchiato just about every day from Starbucks. Tall double shot caramel macchiato soy. It's so cute how they write my name on my cup... I never knew my name could be spelled so many different ways, and sometimes butchered, and sometimes with a smiley face. My name is so basic, but some don't get it. Anyhow, I get these awful headaches when I don't drink them. Besides that, I make cappuccinos at home.

I have my caramel macchiato just about every day from Starbucks. Tall double shot caramel macchiato soy. It's so cute how they write my name on my cup... I never knew my name could be spelled so many different ways, and sometimes butchered, and sometimes with a smiley face. My name is so basic, but some don't get it. Anyhow, I get these awful headaches when I don't drink them. Besides that, I make cappuccinos at home.

I make up a new name every time I go. Yesterday I was Jagrup. The time before that I was Pushpal. Next time I will be Enrico.

Black coffee or bust. Once in a while I'll have a decaf after dinner with some hazelnut creamer in it as a dessert of sorts, but my go-to coffee is black. It doesn't really taste like coffee to me if I add cream/sugar.

I was in Panama a year ago and god dam the coffee was good. I brought a bunch back but it didn't last nearly long enough. Fortunately, you can buy it on Amazon for a not-too-outrageous price so I do that once in a while.

I drink Tims or McDs at home..I find McDs has pretty good coffee...always hot and fresh and tastes pretty good for generic..I like it with half and half as well ...with small sugar..trying to cut back..no frothy coffee drinks for me....My friend lives in Hawaii and has a small coffee plantation on the big Island..he is going to be here at the end of July and he is bringing me a couple of bags of his Kona..its not cheap..35 buck a pound..time for a treat...

KONA_zpsety9sw72.jpg

Exactly how I do coffee.

KONA_zpsety9sw72.jpg

I just went to that place for a tour last year, Small world

Archived