The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Oilers waive Scrivens

Baer.

People are still blasting JB over the Lack trade but compare it to Edmonton giving away a 3rd for one and a half years of Scrivens.

He had amazing numbers with the Kings at the time of the trade.

The Oilers lose a 3rd (Dominic Turgeon selected) for a guy who was waived. We gained a 3rd+7th. Such is the goalie market. I'm glad we aren't the team waiving one.

People are still blasting JB over the Lack trade but compare it to Edmonton giving away a 3rd for one and a half years of Scrivens.

He had amazing numbers with the Kings at the time of the trade.

The Oilers lose a 3rd (Dominic Turgeon selected) for a guy who was waived. We gained a 3rd+7th. Such is the goalie market. I'm glad we aren't the team waiving one.

I also am glad we're not waiving a goalie. JB addressed this early and got something for the Lackster. People do not understand nor do they want to accept the NHL market on a player.

Edmonton's trouble is going to be on the back end this year such as it were last season. Scrivens could be a nice little pick up for some one. How big is his contract?

Canucks should claim O'Reilly and use him as a 13th forward instead of Vey.

Half-kidding, but he's familiar and had success with a bunch of players who are gonna get a shot this year for at least game or two - Gaunce, Jensen, Shink, Friesen, Corrado, Biega, etc.

He actually has pretty decent NHL stats considering they're comprised mostly of short stints.

Guy plays with more grit and intensity that Vey, which makes him seem bigger, even though they're roughly the same size.

Canucks should claim O'Reilly and use him as a 13th forward instead of Vey.

Half-kidding, but he's familiar and had success with a bunch of players who are gonna get a shot this year for at least game or two - Gaunce, Jensen, Shink, Friesen, Corrado, Biega, etc.

He actually has pretty decent NHL stats considering they're comprised mostly of short stints.

Guy plays with more grit and intensity that Vey, which makes him seem bigger, even though they're roughly the same size.

I think he intentionally went to Buffalo on the odd chance he'd get to play with his brother. He's also from Toronto.

Backup plays great behind stacked Kings team, Oilers think he's the answer to their goaltending problems and atrocious defensive play.

Flash forward to September 2016:

Oilers waive Cam Talbot. Turns out a backup goaltender on a stacked Rangers team isn't the answer to the Oilers atrocious defensive play.

Backup plays great behind stacked Kings team, Oilers think he's the answer to their goaltending problems and atrocious defensive play.

Flash forward to September 2016:

Oilers waive Cam Talbot. Turns out a backup goaltender on a stacked Rangers team isn't the answer to the Oilers atrocious defensive play.

Lol that's what I'm predicting, too. Though Talbot may be the real deal, there's very little to prove it. His last year at college was great..but he's 28 now and only has 2 back up seasons under his belt..

Remember when Nonis offered Scrivens and a 2nd for Lou..good times.

Actually it was two second round picks and scrivens for Luongo... Thank god they turned it down.

They ended up trading him, frattin and a 2nd for Bernier. Who would you rather have, Bernier and a 2nd or Luongo?

Do the Oilers even have another goalie?

Man they should just mad overpay for Weber.. Do like Eberle/Yakupov/Schultz/1st for Weber and hopefully they bite.

i hope they never get a major upgrade on D.

If they land a weber I hope it's our weber going the way of the oil not that franchise weber that every team wants.

Archived