The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why on team 1040 is everyone ripping into Canucks Management?

captaincowbasher

Everyone here is so insecure about the Canucks. If anyone in the media shows any criticism towards this team there's a thread opened about how that writer or station is a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about sports.

How about you write out a response that explains why you think they're wrong. Yelling "Canucks cup champs in 4 years!" doesn't prove anything other than your blind optimism.

Everyone here is so insecure about the Canucks. If anyone in the media shows any criticism towards this team there's a thread opened about how that writer or station is a bunch of idiots that don't know anything about sports.

How about you write out a response that explains why you think they're wrong. Yelling "Canucks cup champs in 4 years!" doesn't prove anything other than your blind optimism.

Great generalization of the fanbase. Very telling.

Many of us temper our expectations with realism.

Your defense of the media is a weak one at best. Idiots like Sekeres, Price, and Pratt are not constructive in their criticism of the team or management, and never have been. They are purposely negative with the intent of stirring up controversy much in the way that parasite Farhan Lalji is.

They don't actually give two squats about this team's success or failure and merely do what they do to carve out a niche for themselves in this bare bones sports radio market.

These fools have no concept of presenting an unbiased view of the team or anything else in the world of sports. However they do have their fans, who also live to hate the Canucks, Lions, Whitecaps, and any other team that doesn't somehow jibe with their perception where they should be.

They know that their embittered, overly negative audience will hang off their every word and defend them on sports message boards like the obedient lick-spittles they are.

Media has a history of being this way in Vancouver, and as far as 1040 goes, they lost all credibility when they fired Tom Larscheid 5 years ago.

Now they're just a bunch of nihilistic nincompoops sitting around their grand table trying so hard to convince the rest of us it's not a big circle jerk.

Like they say: "You get a bunch of clowns together, and sooner or later you've got a circus"

next.

And the fake RADIO voice he has when 'on the air' but yet magically disappears when he's in the player's locker room! Seriously, if he came into the room asking the players questions in his 'on-air' voice, every player would do a wtf double-take like, ..'Are you for real?!'

Easily the most annoying 1040 personality to listen to, though that nasily know-it-all Sekeres is a close 2nd.

I think I'm the only person that likes Paterson, but I think he's the most intelligent / reasoned of the 1040 regular staff. The only other competitors in that regard seem to be Taylor and Price.

Shorthouse and Tomlinson would qualify, but they aren't really show hosts anymore. And Rintoul isn't stupid, but he's annoying and a midget.

Paterson seems to think his positions through reasonably well and also doesn't lick the Canucks' boots with his coverage, nor does he create fake controversies just for the hell of it (Pratt).

Someone said something negative!

boohooo.

Just wait in a season when we are the laughing stock of the NHL.

You said this management is ''horrendous'', yet your avatar is of Sven Baertschi, an asset this ''management'' group brought in. Can't have it both ways, son.

Is there anyone else out there that doesn't really care what: TSN, SN, CBC, 1040, Provence, Sun, NBC, Facebook, or any other media Sources I forgot to mention have to say? Like I truly and honestly feel nothing when something is said negatively about the Canucks. Sometimes I see people complain about how commentators are favouring the opposite team and I have no idea what they are talking about. I'm seriously not joking I swear on my children. Is there anyone else out there? Or is there something wrong with me?

Is there anyone else out there that doesn't really care what: TSN, SN, CBC, 1040, Provence, Sun, NBC, Facebook, or any other media Sources I forgot to mention have to say? Like I truly and honestly feel nothing when something is said negatively about the Canucks. Sometimes I see people complain about how commentators are favouring the opposite team and I have no idea what they are talking about. I'm seriously not joking I swear on my children. Is there anyone else out there? Or is there something wrong with me?

+1 You're not not alone; I see almost zero value in mainstream media coverage of the Canucks. I'm on a strict diet of CDC (which covers the other media's 'contributions') and have recently checked out the CB4 podcast, which is infrequent, yet decent.

I have lived all over North America and travel for work still. EVERY radio market is the same. Is always people phoning in to complain. I think radio stations screen to get the crazy callers.....people calling in also seem to mimic each other like some sort of act itself.

`It's hilarious how everyone on this forum over values the Canuck players. Such a big uproar over a POTENTIAL 5/6 defenceman.

Kind of reminds me when everyone was defending Mason Raymond....look where he is now

Bang on the Raymond comparison.. I was flamed hard for saying Raymond needed to go, but what happened?

I like to think that management knows a lot more than me about managing a hockey team - at least this group over Gillis. There's a reason they risked losing Corrado for nothing, and I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

Bang on the Raymond comparison.. I was flamed hard for saying Raymond needed to go, but what happened?

I like to think that management knows a lot more than me about managing a hockey team - at least this group over Gillis. There's a reason they risked losing Corrado for nothing, and I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

Not that I expect huge things from Corrado, but few batted an eye when the Canucks cut Grabner loose.

Sometimes you toss away a Mason Raymond or Steve Bernier, sometimes you toss away a Michael Grabner.

To me the smart thing would have been to send Hutton to Utica and tell him it's temporary until they make a trade to open a spot. That would have been good asset management as Hutton is waiver exempt. It's been done before.

Corrado wasn't good enough yet, he seemed to level off at a fringe NHL dman. So Benning was right that he needed more time in the AHL.

Archived