The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Injury Tracker

The Bookie

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

I'm just speculating, but these nagging abdominal strains - if they keep recurring, and last this long - are sometimes connected to the groin and become herniated, requiring surgery: don't they?  

Yes, it can be a very serious injury; even career ending.  I sure hope that's not the case for Sutter, as he has been a great addition to the team.  I haven't heard whether he's had this injury before though. Hopefully it isn't severe and can be healed by rest and rehab. 

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I'm just speculating, but these nagging abdominal strains - if they keep recurring, and last this long - are sometimes connected to the groin and become herniated, requiring surgery: don't they?  

Definitely. Just think how difficult it would be to heal. A leg, shoulder or arm can be isolated to promote healing in the early stages but it's a near impossible to do the same with the abdomen. Every thing you do requires some sort of bending, leaning or twisting. Even carrying something, walking or even sitting cause effort from the abdomen. Try getting out of bed without using your abdomen, you might be there for a while. 

Practice is underway in Anaheim. Ben Hutton has re-joined the team and is on the ice.

Coach Desjardins says Hutton will continue to practice & be evaluated. No timetable for his return.

He was an extra along with Pedan, so neither will play tomorrow

Sure...why not.

AV couldn't get them to keep producing 

Torts lost them after January 

Willie came in did great is doing what he can with the same line up of guys...

Let's fire him.

He has to be the problem.  Not the same group of forwards for years at all

Brandon Sutter has undergone successful surgery and will be out 4-6 weeks. RELEASE → http://ow.ly/VotmS 

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning confirmed that Brandon Sutter underwent successful surgery to repair a sports hernia yesterday.

“Following a period of treatment and evaluation our medical team determined that the best course of action for Brandon was to perform this procedure,” said Benning. “The surgery was successful and we expect a full recovery.

Archived