The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic on the trading block

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎16‎:‎00‎, TOOMUCHINTERNET said:

1st round picks are going to be very valuable to teams that miss the playoffs under the new format. It would be Canuck luck to trade that 1st and then have it end up in a high lottery position, could you just imagine the melt down on CDC if that happened. Pass on trading our 1st.

17 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Confusing, one article was saying he wants to be closer to Winnipeg and was suggesting Minnesota has interest. Vancouver is about 700KM further from Winnipeg than New York, how would we be in the running? Unless his family is willing to move to Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton?

I'm willing to bet it has more to do with distance AND customs. Minnesota in running should nothing work with a Canadian team.

11 minutes ago, Monty said:

I'm willing to bet it has more to do with distance AND customs. Minnesota in running should nothing work with a Canadian team.

Customs?

Come on man hahaha I'm sure he has a Nexus card and strolls right through the lineup onto his charter flight.

Customs.,.

I would say it has more to do with direct flights from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Also, he doesn't specifically say exactly where he needs to commute from. Just because he is from Manitoba doesn't mean his family lives in Winnipeg.  

2 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Customs?

Come on man hahaha I'm sure he has a Nexus card and strolls right through the lineup onto his charter flight.

Customs.,.

I would say it has more to do with direct flights from Vancouver to Winnipeg. Also, he doesn't specifically say exactly where he needs to commute from. Just because he is from Manitoba doesn't mean his family lives in Winnipeg.  

None of us know if all of his family can see him and if THEY have difficulty going through customs (aka: can't). 

And I've said this before, his family does live in Manitoba. I live 25 minutes from St Malo and drive through there all the time for work. I also have season tickets to Jets games, and his family is always at Jets vs. Isles games. So yes, they are in Manitoba.

1 minute ago, Monty said:

None of us know if all of his family can see him and if THEY have difficulty going through customs (aka: can't). 

And I've said this before, his family does live in Manitoba. I live 25 minutes from St Malo and drive through there all the time for work. I also have season tickets to Jets games, and his family is always at Jets vs. Isles games. So yes, they are in Manitoba.

I know his uncle Denis, worked with him in Mexico he is an old alcoholic biker. He is freaken deadly! Are they all kinda shady?

39 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I know his uncle Denis, worked with him in Mexico he is an old alcoholic biker. He is freaken deadly! Are they all kinda shady?

Definitely not all of them. But like everyone's family, there are problems. Some of which are probably rumors, some of which probably have a grain of truth to them.

6 minutes ago, Monty said:

Definitely not all of them. But like everyone's family, there are problems. Some of which are probably rumors, some of which probably have a grain of truth to them.

So is this guy tied up in some shady stuff, and might have issues?  What's up with this?  Is this a red flag on interest in him?  Does this rumour stuff lower his value?

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

So is this guy tied up in some shady stuff, and might have issues?  What's up with this?  Is this a red flag on interest in him?  Does this rumour stuff lower his value?

He's absolutely not tied up in shady stuff. Family is just incredibly important to him and some (not all) are just having difficulty. But nothing that suggests he should be avoided in a trade.

14 minutes ago, Monty said:

He's absolutely not tied up in shady stuff. Family is just incredibly important to him and some (not all) are just having difficulty. But nothing that suggests he should be avoided in a trade.

Usually apples don't roll far from trees.  I had never heard any of this stuff about his family before, but it does raise some questions, don't you think?

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Usually apples don't roll far from trees.  I had never heard any of this stuff about his family before, but it does raise some questions, don't you think?

No.

You're reaching to form an assumption which is not based off of fact. Connecting dots that don't exist.

Hamonic is a solid as they come.

3 minutes ago, theminister said:

No.

You're reaching to form an assumption which is not based off of fact. Connecting dots that don't exist.

Hamonic is a solid as they come.

That's good to hear.  Why did posters bring this family stuff, with bikers, and border issues?

2 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Confusing, one article was saying he wants to be closer to Winnipeg and was suggesting Minnesota has interest. Vancouver is about 700KM further from Winnipeg than New York, how would we be in the running? Unless his family is willing to move to Vancouver/Calgary/Edmonton?

The people I watched must have had their heads up their butts, because they were saying that his family was in Alberta. That's two provinces off. That would definitely make Vancouver a way less likely candidate. Never trusts Americans on Canadian geography.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

His Dad died when he was 10 years old. The guy runs a program in Brooklyn for fatherless kids to meet with him after games. Literally one of the top character guys in the entire league. Go be negative elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, nergish said:

His Dad died when he was 10 years old. The guy runs a program in Brooklyn for fatherless kids to meet with him after games. Literally one of the top character guys in the entire league. Go be negative elsewhere. 

I'm not at all being negative, but rather responding to a series of posts about Hamonic having some weird stuff going on with close family back in Winnipeg.  

In defense of Alflives, I don't think he was being negative either and was just asking based on a few comments. 

Still don't understand how Vancouver is mentioned. The Jets are the only team that make any sense, and have the right assets (Byfuglien, Myers, Trouba or Enstrom as foundation pieces). 

And of course Winnipeg would want him on their team. 

Archived