The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Travis Hamonic on the trading block

1 minute ago, stawns said:

He was the best dman the other night until he left.  I thought he held up alright with a tough guy who was waaaaaay out of his weight class.  At least he stayed in the pocket and kept throwing until the end.

What pocket? Peluso's fist? Sbisa was beaten like a rented mule. 

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What pocket? Peluso's fist? Sbisa was beaten like a rented mule. 

Done a lot of fighting on the ice hey?

Did you expect better?  Sbisa isn't a fighter,peluso is.  Pretty obvious who was going to come out on top there.  Most players would have clutched and held on, or turtled completely...... Sbisa didnt, he stayed in the pocket and kept throwing.  That's the kind of thing that earns you respect from other players

Just now, stawns said:

Done a lot of fighting on the ice hey?

Did you expect better?  Sbisa isn't a fighter,peluso is.  Pretty obvious who was going to come out on top there.  Most players would have clutched and held on, or turtled completely...... Sbisa didnt, he stayed in the pocket and kept throwing.  That's the kind of thing that earns you respect from other players

Just on the streets really. I've won some and lost some. 

And when I saw Sbisa getting his clock cleaned, it was brutal. He was pretty much holding on to Peluso there. Frankly those scumbag refs should have broken it up sooner. 

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He certainly is horrid in his own end. Another spectator who doesn't take the body. I have no idea what JB saw in him.

I'm not sure what you're watching but I frequently see Bart layout pretty nice hits. He's also an extremely good skater and exits the D zone very well. He just doesn't have top 4 decision making which is one, why he looked good with Hutton (who does) and two, should be playing 3rd pair, not top 4 minutes/competition.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

And when I saw Sbisa getting his clock cleaned, it was brutal. He was pretty much holding on to Peluso there. Frankly those scumbag refs should have broken it up sooner. 

Agree he got his clock cleaned

Just now, J.R. said:

I'm not sure what you're watching but I frequently see Bart layout pretty nice hits. He's also an extremely good skater and exits the D zone very well. He just doesn't have top 4 decision making which is one, why he looked good with Hutton (who does) and two, should be playing 3rd pair, not top 4 minutes.

He's fast but tends to watch opposing players around the net. I've seen some okay hits along the boards, but he needs to clear the crease more. Or maybe Benning can bring up Pedan to show him how it's done. 

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

At this point, i would have preferred to have kept Juice over Edler. At least the blueline would have some legitimate pushback. Sbisa ain't it. He makes a good punching bag though. 

That's what I was saying at the time but I've been saying trade Edler while he has value years ago when I realized he was so mistake prone and would never get better only worse but was told by some know it alls on this site that he was a Norris trophy material and I knew nothing about hockey hence me being banned a few times lol

At least with Bieksa he allowed the team to feel confident that they could play their game and he'd always have their back and they'd get more respect from their opponents. On that Sbisa beatdown after that great bodycheck he threw Bieksa would have either jumped in or beat that clown up later. We lost a ton of heart when we let Bieksa go thankfully Prust is somewhat making up for that.

Real credit to Sbisa standing up to an obviously much tougher player that fights there though he definitely gained my respect.

Sbisa should have declined Peluso. His hit on Ehlers was clean. Hard but clean. 

Sbisa did the right thing. If he doesn't fight Peluso, he likely takes a run at one of our skilled guys.

It's unfortunate he got injured during that fight, but he probably should have defended a little more knowing who he was up against.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

He's fast but tends to watch opposing players around the net. I've seen some okay hits along the boards, but he needs to clear the crease more. Or maybe Benning can bring up Pedan to show him how it's done. 

He doesn't have the size to be a crease clearer. That's not particularly his role and is more of a failure at the management level, than player. Does Tanev clear the crease well?

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Sbisa should have declined Peluso. His hit on Ehlers was clean. Hard but clean. 

No, he should have engaged him as he did, but just held on and neutralized the punches instead of even trying to throw anything back.  Guys do that all the time and come out no worse for wear.  Sbisa did the worst thing possible, try to throw them with a seasoned puncher. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Sbisa did the right thing. If he doesn't fight Peluso, he likely takes a run at one of our skilled guys.

It's unfortunate he got injured during that fight, but he probably should have defended a little more knowing who he was up against.

Fair enough. This team does need some sizable pushback. Dorsett and Prust aren't going to cut it against the Pelusos of the league. 

1 minute ago, timberz21 said:

Pretty much looks like we are not going to sign Hamhuis.  Trade him with a prospect like Jensen, since NYI might lose him at the end of the year.

Move Hutton beside Hamonic

Edlev-Tanev
Hutton-Hamonic
Sbisa-Weber/Bart

Trade Vrbata for Tinordi to add some more toughness to our D. Maybe send Weber back to Montreal with him.

Edler Tanev

Hutton Hamonic

Sbisa Tinordi

Bartkowski

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

He doesn't have the size to be a crease clearer. That's not particularly his role and is more of a failure at the management level, than player. Does Tanev clear the crease well?

Good point. Hopefully Luke Schenn is on their radar. That would be a great job for him.

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

No, he should have engaged him as he did, but just held on and neutralized the punches instead of even trying to throw anything back.  Guys do that all the time and come out no worse for wear.  Sbisa did the worst thing possible, try to throw them with a seasoned puncher. 

Those hits he took to the head were vicious. 

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's sad to see the linesmen responding differently depending which teams are involved. In the Cup Finals there was a moment where Toes did a little circle before puffing up and confronting a Tampa player as the linesman got there. He knew full well that the linesmen and refs weren't going to allow anything to occur. That was a huge difference from the way they officiated the Canucks-Bruins Final. If you watch other games the bias becomes glaringly obvious.

Those hits he took to the head were vicious. 

Absolutely.  Unfortunately Sbisa traded blows to the head for some team/league respect (he answered the bell after all without hesitation). 

Let's just hope any damage (and there was most certainly damage) isn't long-term. 

Archived