The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Poll) Where do we go? TankorPlayoffs?

Tank Or Playoffs?  

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

But honestly if Benning decides to push for playoffs and we miss it by 1-5 points. We would still get a decent pick. Prob 6-12 if that happens, players like juolevi, chychrun, and other projected top 3 - 4  dmen would still be available. BUT getting 1st - 5th, Ill be the happiest man alive.

Playoffs aren't a realistic option anymore. As someone pointed out in a different thread, we need a record of 21-8-1 to get over the estimated playoff point requirement. That's 43 points in 30 games. We've been putting along at at an average of one point per game, what makes people believe we'll be any better in the last 30 games?

This team will likely get worse (assuming we do trade off Hamuis and Vrbata) for the short term while rookies fill the gaps and gain experience. We'll look to contend for a playoff spot starting next year once our rebuild is completely properly.

2 minutes ago, Derp... said:

This is the kyle Wellwood solo tank that only goes to McDonalds and only shoots french fries. Those were my immediate thoughts upon seeing this picture

French fries of DEATH!!! not cause they kill you like bullets. More slowly with cholesterol and you become fat and have a heart attack.... Same result really.

I don't think it is as cut and dry as tank or playoffs. I am all for getting rid of the stragglers on this team but some kind of framework needs to remain so we prevent from becoming an "Oiler Nation" from being a strictly "tank nation". If we lose a bit of skill(Vrbata) and gain a bit of grit and heart type of players I am all for that. Keeping the Twins, a core D group and an experienced goalie(Miller) is key in the transition period where it will take the kids a couple of years to show their true potential. Edler is a bit of an oddity where he has value but I do not think he is the type of player we need. If he played with an edge(like before he was suspended) he would be effective but he is just not that type of player anymore. 

Even when we won the presidents trophy there was an early exit. This only proves what has been done in past doesn't work. I say trade vets for prospects/picks and move on. There will be some growing pains for sure but at least this way we have direction and can see what the management staff has up their sleeve. To sit idly by and do nothing is a certain death.

This team is probably a top 5 pick regardless of 'tanking'.  The remaining games are full of teams in the west that can easily overpower the Canucks.  With just one team (TO) with fewer wins, any team that ties Van automatically jumps ahead.  At this point, I just want to see the guys  out there playing hard, having fun and developing skills.  *Just hoping that Vrby and Hammer perform well and solidify decent value.

Trading all the vets is a silly statement, as few of them have much value to other teams (NTC or bad contracts).

Realistically, I would like to see Hamhuis and Vrbata moved.  I only want to see Hansen traded if JB can land a 1st or solid young prospect.  Add something to Hamhuis and maybe the return is really good.  Hamhuis(+retained cap) + Gaunce or Grenier for Honka.

Archived