The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Hutton | #27 | D

Samk

Hutton had his 3 game point streak end last night.

He has 4 points in 7 games. Not too shabby for a D-man.

Awesome to hear he interest me because i gave him a funny nick name first seen his name i was like Ben sluttin Hutton wonder if this kids gonna make some noise by the sounds of it he is coming along nicely thx G for the update.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the replay on TV right now, Hutton's goal was a 3 on 5 short handed tally, damn impressive

Midway through the second period Maine got called for a pair of quick penalties, resulting in a lengthy five-on-three for Boston University. With the puck near the blueline, a BU defender dove for the puck, but was unable to save it. Hutton gained control of it and broke in alone on Magire. His shot trickled past Maguire and into the back of the goal. For Hutton, it was his fourth goal of the season.

Edited by avelanch

Here's his 2 goals

Anyone know when he will be able to play for our Utica?

He`s showing well again. I can`t believe he is still buried on the prospect depth charts at places like THN and HF.

Thanks for posting the vid and, to answer your questions, he`s two more seasons away. Possibly one more if he has a Hobey type junior year.

Picked up another assist tonight. He's 6-4-10 already!

Ryan Lambert points out a good rule of thumb for evaluating NCAA prospects, those who are averaging 2 SOG/G are above average while those at 3 SOG/G are considered excellent. Keep that in mind when evaluating the NCAA prospects.

Hutton has 3.15 s/g over 13 games played !

Man the Canuck scouts/management/ must be smiling at this guys progress, he's on a tare. 7+5 in 14 games 6'3"/200 now a sophmore defenseman so another 2 years left at school that's pretty impressive some coaches stick to Seniors and Juniors only in the games. This guys obviously forced himself into the picture

Edited by Fred65