The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PTO] Skille added to PTO list

PhillipBlunt

6 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Well played.

Better played than how his career's transpired so far.  #BrutallyHonest

5 hours ago, smithers joe said:

reading skille's profile. it says he is fast gritty and hard working but doesn't have the greatest hockey sense. 

Sounds familiar... does he also hunt bears?
Frankly not the worst buy-low player to acquire, at worst could turn out like Steve Bernier, solid 3rd then 4th line guy.  At best, who knows?  Maybe they can resurrect a career for cheap.

5 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

I wonder what Chicago saw of this guy to take him 7th overall in 2005. Whatever it was, its probably long gone now.

My thought exactly.

#1 S.Crosby. #4 B. Pouliot

#2 B. Ryan.   #5 C Price

#3 J Johnson #6 G Brule

That is a decent group to be just behind..

Just looking A. Kopitar #11.. Guy must have had been doing aomething right

37 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

My thought exactly.

#1 S.Crosby. #4 B. Pouliot

#2 B. Ryan.   #5 C Price

#3 J Johnson #6 G Brule

That is a decent group to be just behind..

Just looking A. Kopitar #11.. Guy must have had been doing aomething right

Brule at 6 . Ouch

5 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

Would do Virt good to spend some time in the A more for confidence than anything.

Confidence for Virtanen?  If there is one thing that's not lacking in this kid it's confidence.  If anything, he needs to learn a little humility.  Some time in the AHL riding buses making AHL dollars and learning the craft under the heavy hand of Travis Green will teach the kid some humility.  IMO, that is what Burrows was alluding to when he made the statement that Virtanen will "get it" one day (i.e., too much cockiness and arrogance in the kid before having proven anything in the show).

Don't get me wrong...I love players with swagger.  But swag is something Virtanen needs to build based on performance at the NHL level -- not the dub.  Best thing that happened to him last season was getting $h!t on by Hockey Canada and the press for his play at the Worlds.  Based on what he's done over the summer and keeping his mouth shut and playing through the criticism from January on are good signs that he's maturing into a bonafide NHLer.  

4 hours ago, chon derry said:

selanne's 76 goal year was 92/93 at 13 in 1972 my card days were over...:picard:

Well I'm 31 so you have a few years on me! I still have all my rookie cards but unfortunately they start around 1989 so they're pretty much worthless. At one point I had something like 300 different Pavel Bure cards but I ended up selling them for a cool $500. Which was big money for a 13 or 14 year old kid haha

21 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Ah..... There is a pretty limited range of punnage we can wring out of Jack Skille's name. I guess the first time he gets a penalty this season, we could say he's a.....Jack in the box! 

If he scores two or more goals in a game we could call him a 

Serial Skiller

4 minutes ago, luckylager said:

If he scores two or more goals in a game we could call him a 

Serial Skiller

And if his blades get dull, he can sharpen them on his skillesaw! Well, that might actually kill him or at least maim him pretty severely......but he is on a PTO.

Archived