The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning better sign Tryamkin longterm FAST

*Buzzsaw*

7 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

His leverage is that he can always go back to Russia if he feels slighted by the Canucks.  He and his agent both know this.

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

not really.. KHL team sees him doing well.. toss him a fat contract.. bye

He's not going back to Russia, he has said from his pre-draft interview that he wants to play in the NHL.

7 hours ago, guntrix said:

So much hyperbole and overhyping in this thread...

Yes, he played well today and he should get signed. However, his season hasn't been good enough to turn all other 29 teams' heads. He's also an RFA.

He'll get signed medium term for a fair amount... + the regular over/under 250k-1mill Benning overpayment.

The .250-1mill that the CDC feels we overpaid until a year down the road and we go yeah that actually makes sense now ala Sbisa or Sutter or....The true overpayments we give UFAs.   Oh wait those ones are market value.  Nevermind  I see where you were going with this.

5 hours ago, The Big Luongo said:

Loved Tryamkin's game tonight I'll add I also thought he read the play very very well and played with lots of confidence and poise great to see!

Especially great to see this rapid development and lucky thing for him there was injuries to help with that.

Was strange for such a turn around physically because for the longest time seems like he pretty much quit hitting not sure if the coaches said something or he's healthier but he was a monster physically tonight and we could definitely use that considering this team is as soft as butter and some teams we play well pretty much all are far more physical than we are on a nightly basis.

We desperately need someone who plays with a nasty edge and can back it up and defend teammates especially with no Gudbranson around and I couldn't be happier he's stepping up!

Agreed. I got slammed here a after the last Calgary game as some suggested I was being too hard on Train after he got smoked by Ferland. I think he is the real deal but as soon as he starts easing off on the physical part of his game, he will compromise what makes him truly special as there are a lot of good defenders out there but they can't bring what Tryamkin brings. He can take over a game if he's in the right headspace.

7 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Tryamkin hasn't even scratched the surface yet. With proper coaching and development by the time he hits his UFA year he will be a top pairing D.

He pretty much has it all, size, good speed, thunderous hitting, long reach that he uses well, hard accurate shot, good break out pass, plays solid in his own end and is a strong presence in front of his own net.  The only thing he needs to learn is to fight properly and he will be the entire package. 

Juolevi  Tryamkin could form one of the better top pairings in the league in the next 3-4 years. They will become our two best defencemen. Props to JB for drafting both of them and creating a future top pairing for the next decade, which is the hardest thing to do when you are building a team.  

I don't want to jinx the guy or add more hyperbole...But he's further along than Chara was although not as fearsome.  Question is do we have a Hal Gil or something in between.  Regardless we do have a fun piece and I would like to see him keep our jersey.  Sign away Benning.  He has had bad games too, two back East I watched live come to mind but he seems to be improving all the time...That bodes well for our fortunes.  Could end up been the steal of the round if not the draft.

Tryamkin is certainly looking like a fixture on our back end. I am not sure he has a ceiling. He has all the tools to be a top pairing minute munching machine. I think a long term high value deal is a ways off yet. He could reach that some day and be worth what ever he gets.

I think it is all up to him. If he takes his conditioning seriously in the off season then we might get a real look at what we have. If he learns how to take and throw a hit , mix that with a little bit of nasty then we have someone very special.

I'm pretty sure last year at this time, I'd be on my way to work with a sore head listening to 1040 and thinking- how can our defense be sooo bad. One year and a Tryamkin later, we are showing a ton of potential on the backend. Beauty. Now, I'm on my way to work with a sore head listening to 1040 and thinking- how can our powerplay be so bad :)

Archived