The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Joins Team 1040 Feb 24

AlwaysACanuckFan

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Not sure why he does his weekly  "my job is hard"  whinny interviews. He could have recorded the first one he did three years ago and it would sound the exact same.

its hard to make trades yet other gms seem to be able to pull it off.

im happy for the CDC's(usually the benning fanboys and homers) that whinny pitiful excuses are accepted year after year. That there expectations are so low for both benning and this franchise that incompetence is now acceptable. 

Three years 

Richardson Mathias hamhuis vrbata soon to be miller burrows and due to expansion most likely Sbisa will have all left this team with less than what Phx got for John Scott. 

Good GMs find a way  bad gms whine to the media (that it's "hard") in vancouvers case it's weekly. 

1040 should call it the weekly whine hosted by Benning. 

Now tell us how you really feel big boi

1 minute ago, combover said:

More of a rant than a whine.

Tune in to 1040s new weekly whine with benning so you can hear how hard his job is.

Benning never comes across as whiny to me. He comes across as a guy who loves his job but isn't necessarily as slick on air as Gillis was. I prefer Benning's more down to earth style of interview.

Pratt? Whiny.

Sekeres? Oh sweet mother of pearl, he's whiny.

Price? Especially whiny!

Patterson? Sounds like a whiny love child of Johnny Carson, Christopher Walken, and Mickey Mouse.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Benning never comes across as whiny to me. He comes across as a guy who loves his job but isn't necessarily as slick on air as Gillis was. I prefer Benning's more down to earth style of interview.

Pratt? Whiny.

Sekeres? Oh sweet mother of pearl, he's whiny.

Price? Especially whiny!

Patterson? Sounds like a whiny love child of Johnny Carson, Christopher Walken, and Mickey Mouse.

Hey Phil, you got the best .sig in here.  LOL.  Sums up Loui and the state of the team right now perfectly...

2 minutes ago, crease monkey said:

With the expansion draft happening this year, most teams are going to be very cautious. I can't see many teams swinging a trade and then losing players to this draft. This years trading deadline, i expect, will be minimal and boring.

So for the Canucks....  like last year you are saying..

I wonder what excuse Benning can use next year......

With the expansion draft happening this year, most teams are going to be very cautious. I can't see many teams swinging a trade and then losing players to this draft. This years trading deadline, i expect, will be minimal and boring. For the Canucks this will be just like last year; however, the summer may be a lot more interesting.

22 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

especially when you're hindered/limited to certain teams that probably have no interest at all.

Exactly. it sounds like Benning is holding out for a quality prospect for Hansen. I'd rather he go for that and risk ending up with nothing than get a 4th round pick and do the "take anything" thing a lot of CDC seems to want. I'd do that for Burr, but because he deserves another shot a cup not because of the return. 

Miller's best shot to move is to ANA, so we'll see how that goes, but like you said when there's only a couple of options its very hard to move anyone. Miller cost us nothing from a prospect/pick p.o.v. so to lose him for nothing isn't that big a deal. 

52 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Benning will do what he can with what he has. I fully expect him to be able to swing trades for Burrows, Hansen, and Miller based on the fact that they have all, essentially, readied themselves for a trade, and have submitted their lists.

Hopefully the armchair GMs do realize that there are other teams involved in each trade, and that the GMs for those other teams are looking after their best interests as well. The CDC Proposals section is as far from reality as possible.

Where did you here they've given a list of teams?

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Hansen (8 teams) and Miller (5 teams), for sure. Burrows......not so sure.

I know what can be asked of them, but where is the confirmation that they have actually given Benning their list of teams as you said in your previous post?

4 minutes ago, Baggins said:

I know what can be asked of them, but where is the confirmation that they have actually given Benning their list of teams as you said in your previous post?

Jannik Hansen:

I never stated that things were "confirmed", but that "essentially" they were all readying themselves for a possible trade, as per reports. Why else would Hansen submit the list, or Burrows fly to Montreal to speak to his agent, or Miller speak to his?

Archived