The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | March 4th, 2017 | 7pm | Sportsnet | The Hockey Goes Hollywood Edition

Cramarossa

1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

That flow has got to go, he's got that swirly pastry-looking 'do like Chaput, but much worse.

I'm excited by our young gold goblin but have to keep my expectations in check. If he can create a few chances without looking out of place then I'll consider it a win. Basically just do the bare minimum Goldy. Please.

Canucks are going to have to increase the budget for shampoo.

loui-eriksson-mustache.png

ChaputHeadshotEdit.jpg.9c3ebe4b2e9d95a3e

Hutton-Ben.jpg

cut.jpeg

aug12-imageA-730x400.jpg

christopher-tanev.png

17 hours ago, Slegr said:

The games aren't quite as exciting without Tryamkin out there. We need to sign that guy long-term, along with Horvat. Those two are the faces of the franchise.

Stecher says hi.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Canucks are going to have to increase the budget for shampoo.

ChaputHeadshotEdit.jpg.9c3ebe4b2e9d95a3e

Hutton-Ben.jpg

cut.jpeg

aug12-imageA-730x400.jpg

christopher-tanev.png

loui-eriksson-mustache.png.5649007e68d9bc744fbebc930119ce0f.pngcut.thumb.jpeg.8c755a0b22fc8f4f3a5dff14f81e9543.jpegvancouver-bc-march-2-2016-markus-granlund-during-vanc.jpeg.d4327f6087e2eb61f085e74b42c7ced5.jpeg

Don't forget about these guys! These three flows in particular looked quite glorious in person. Granny and Loui's hairs looked so silky :lol:

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Sutter and Eriksson makes complete sense.  Why have Goldobin build chemistry with players his own age?  Willie  :picard:

Age doesn't mean jack all. We've all seen veterans and new guys gel before across the NHL. It's about matching skill sets for an even balance between offense and defense. WD is putting Goldobin with 2 players who are defensive so that he can do his thing and create offense without having to worry about making a mistake. As much as I want to see him on Horvat's line it's a great place to start without him having to worry about making a mistake.

2 hours ago, mll said:

Why the #%@$ isn't Boucher playing? He had a great game. Even when Benning forces Willie to play the young prospects he still manages to make stupid decisions. Keep this up for the next 19 games WD and I'll hop right back on board the Fire Willie train.

9 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

Age doesn't mean jack all. We've all seen veterans and new guys gel before across the NHL. It's about matching skill sets for an even balance between offense and defense. WD is putting Goldobin with 2 players who are defensive so that he can do his thing and create offense without having to worry about making a mistake. As much as I want to see him on Horvat's line it's a great place to start without him having to worry about making a mistake.

Horvat and Baertschi are arguably as good or better defensively than Sutter/Megna though. I would say they are better and a better fit with Goldobin's style and strengths as a player.

And with Willie as coach, EVERY young skill player needs to constantly worry about making mistakes.

1 hour ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

That flow has got to go, he's got that swirly pastry-looking 'do like Chaput, but much worse.

I'm excited by our young gold goblin but have to keep my expectations in check. If he can create a few chances without looking out of place then I'll consider it a win. Basically just do the bare minimum Goldy. Please.

plussed you for that

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Sutter is -18...2 behind Hank for the minus lead. I wouldn't say -18 is good defensively...last game, Sutter was a step behind and was a liability defensively.

I'm guessing he's still dealing with lingering wrist issues. He hasn't been the same player since he was injured.

1 hour ago, mll said:

It's to prepare for next season - to see if there's potential for that line going forward.  Next season is just too late.

It's not about line mates with Eriksson, it's about his level of play.  He has been invisible most games other than to show how soft and uninspired he can play.  He generates nothing on his own and when set up by linemates has been unable to produce.  Let the kids show their stuff and give Eriksson the summer to contemplate his future.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It's not about line mates with Eriksson, it's about his level of play.  He has been invisible most games other than to show how soft and uninspired he can play.  He generates nothing on his own and when set up by linemates has been unable to produce.  Let the kids show their stuff and give Eriksson the summer to contemplate his future.

I think the own goal on ice really shook his confidence and he hasn't managed to snap out of it since. He's holding the stick too tight missing easy tap ins and it's obvious he's extremely frustrated. This is Vrbata deja vu all over again. I'm sure he'll be back next season though and will show us his true value.

20 minutes ago, Mattrek said:

I think the own goal on ice really shook his confidence and he hasn't managed to snap out of it since. He's holding the stick too tight missing easy tap ins and it's obvious he's extremely frustrated. This is Vrbata deja vu all over again. I'm sure he'll be back next season though and will show us his true value.

All we can do is hope.  If he doesn't improve, his contract may well go down as one of the worst in NHL history.

1 hour ago, billabong said:

I actually don't mind goldy with sutter cause sutter will help him out in his own zone and might bail him out of a mistake or two BUT Megna...come on 

Sedin-sedin-granlund

baertschi-horvat-eriksson

Goldobin-sutter-boucher

cramarossa-chaput-gaunce

skille/megna

you can see why Boucher has bounced around. The shot is there but he's not quick enough to create the space to get it off but at least he's a little more dangerous around the net than megna

agreed Boucher should be playing over Magna especially with 2 talented guys. At least try to give the new guy a chance to succeed

29 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

When Burrows was put on the Baer-Horvat line - the first thing he said is that their will to succeed is so high that he didn't want to disappoint them and be somebody they have to carry on their line.  Maybe that has the same effect on Eriksson - I thought he had more jump last game than previously.  He has to fill the shoes of Burrows who has been a good fit for them.  He wasn't always producing but he didn't drag them down and he helped them defensively.  Now it's up to Eriksson.

48 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Horvat and Baertschi are arguably as good or better defensively than Sutter/Megna though. I would say they are better and a better fit with Goldobin's style and strengths as a player.

And with Willie as coach, EVERY young skill player needs to constantly worry about making mistakes.

Maybe Horvat, but Sutter is better defensively then Sven for sure

Archived